Newly wed husband. Wife and I are both artists. unintentionally NSFW question.

Aug 29, 2022
Florida
✟7,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I am almost certain this is fine but I also want to paint my wife making alluring poses, gestures, movements, etc. we are newlywed. just under two months now. She's completely fine with it and likes to tease me like crazy. (I like that too). It's not just nude paintings, yeah I do normal nudes of her already. (no one but me and her ever sees them) But I also want to paint her in ways which are clearly erotic in character. She's really into it, and OF COURSE I am! The only people who will ever enjoy these paintings are me and her. I just wanted to ask because we haven't actually done that yet. it occurred to me to maybe ask fellow Christians. But yeah... basically this is entirely private and I don't want to go in detail. I'm extremely embarrassed asking. My question is is this alright? I'm 99% sure this is part of the Christian liberty that God blesses us with.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is fine in principle.
  1. Don't depict any sex acts that you consider to be perverted, even if you don't actually do them.
  2. Any physical media is discoverable, even if they are not wrong. (It is the same as making personal sex videos.)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​
As an artist, using the nude in art is acceptable to promote an esthetic of high art. But there is the line of the nude in art, crossing over in its use as inappropriate contentographic.

If something is painted to simply arouse sexuality, instead of beauty. Then for me it becomes an area i would not chose to explore. Beauty is the highest aim of art.

Roger Scruton: “Why Beauty Matters?”

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The only people who will ever enjoy these paintings are me and her.
How do you know that?

Even if no one else enjoys them, how do you know that no one else, especially kids, would ever see them?

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums