British Columbia
✟18,935.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Which version of the Bible are you trying to read? I read the Bible in many modern versions, and also in French, German, the OT in Hebrew and the NT in Greek. I have studied those languages, so it isn't hard.

But, there are older versions I have never been able to get through, despite reading the newer ones completely through 50 times.

I have never studied 16th century English for example. I have tried to read the KJV countless times, but I don't understand the grammar, the obsolete words, and the convoluted word order, trying to follow the Greek. (Which is impossble, anyway!).

Different versions have different reading levels, too! The NLT is a lower level, whereas the NET is quite high. So, go to Biblegateway.com. Put in a verse and look it up in different versions. Which one speaks to you? Which one makes no sense? Then do the same thing for a passage or a chapter.

I personally agree with the OP! Reading the Bible is important - it is God's Word to us! Why wouldn't we want to read it to grow?

Upvote 0