New To Christianity, and How I Found God.

swim

May 27, 2017
no
✟7,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I grew up in a Christian home and all of my family (for the most part) has Christian faith. Growing up my closets friends were Christians and once I started making friends that were "atheists" I started questioning things. All through my childhood and into my teen years I always went back and forth between believing and not being totally sure if I did. Eventually there came a point in my life where I did believe but I didn't do much to really grow because I always asked myself the question "Do I really believe or do I just think I believe?" I started dabbling with psychedelics and if you aren't familiar with them a lot of the times on the so called "trip" you can get lost in you mind and bring things up from you subconscious and come face to face with your "demons." The first time I tripped it changed my life it allowed me to quit smoking, during the trip there was such oneness with nature and I had such a big appreciation for life that I was able to tell myself I need to start taking care of my body. My second trip ended up being a spiritual one. The question that I always was asking myself decided to make itself present. This question actually started out by putting me in a bad trip and I started getting very evil and scary visuals but during this time I started piecing all the different odds and ends of Christianity together and in my altered state I was able to make sense of everything fully. As soon as all of my thought came together and I finally believed, the biggest sense of clarity came over me and relief. Immediately the scary thoughts and visuals left me and felt an overall sense of togetherness with God, I would like to think that what I felt that day would be similar to how life was back in the Garden of Eden. I feel like in today's day and age there are so many walls and expectations that get built up in the religious demographic which doesn't allow people to find God in different ways. I know that when you open your mind like that this there is definitely a possibility that you might go down a rabbit hole that you shouldn't and you end up dabbling with the wrong things. I feel like the negative connotation surrounding psychedelics is just a misunderstanding and an old way of thinking. Just like anything thing in life there is a limit, just like how alcohol isn't bad but drunkenness is a sin. I am just curious on how many other Christians have used psychedelics to grow in their spiritual walk with God and their views on the matter as well as people who think differently. Over all "tripping" has totally changed my life for the better and if I could I wouldn't of changed a thing.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2017-5-28_20-46-31.png
I trip but it's with the Holy Spirit! No need for drugs man!

Reactions: Cturtle
Upvote 0

Cturtle

Jesus, My Savior and Lord is my hiding place
Nov 30, 2015
My Citizenship is in Heaven
✟17,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
images (8).jpg

To cf and welcome back to God. It's good that you have found His place for you.

Just a thought about what your allowing yourself to be apart of with the drugs.... you have dabbled with the spirit of pharmicaya. It may have allowed you to see some things about God, but if you continue dabbling with it, it will take you to places where you don't want to go, and it will deceive you.

If you want a high, turn to the most High. Thee one with the ultimate truth. It's all Found in the uncompromised written Word of God. Not in religion, but a relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

We will be praying for you.
Blessings

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@swim
Greetings and Welcome
You are under Deception
Yes I agree you "Feel" your drawing closer to God and have Spiritual encounters.

However the only god you are drawing closer is the god of this world AKA...satan.
he comes as an angel of light.
This means with scriptures, religious looking and sounding and experiences.

Yes they can come with Feelings and smell and taste and emotional and most Convincing Deception.

You are being played and if you are not quick to Repent and get right with God the Great I Am That I Am, well you might just meet your god in his kingdom and it won't be where you think.

You are treading on most dangerous ground.
Wake up before it's too late.
Blessings
FCJ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums