New Jersey
✟336,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Good. I disagree with Gov. DeSantis about everything, but he's got a solid political resume, with experience both in Congress and as governor. If his views align with where the Republican Party wants to be, then I think he could be a good candidate for them.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good. I disagree with Gov. DeSantis about everything, but he's got a solid political resume, with experience both in Congress and as governor. If his views align with where the Republican Party wants to be, then I think he could be a good candidate for them.
During the pandemic Governor DeSantis visited a makeshift vaccination clinic for seniors near where I live. He does not have a history of sordid affairs. He has a degree from Yale and a law degree from Harvard. He is not senile. DeSantis did not have fits of rage over a lost election, nor did he praise the riot on January 6.

I also hope the Democrats can find someone better than Biden. While Biden has years of experience in Congress and the Executive branch, he showed signs of age related decline.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
During the pandemic Governor DeSantis visited a makeshift vaccination clinic for seniors near where I live. He does not have a history of sordid affairs. He has a degree from Yale and a law degree from Harvard. He is not senile. DeSantis did not have fits of rage over a lost election, nor did he praise the riot on January 6.
Agreed. I think DeSantis could be a good choice for the Republican Party in 2024.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think DeSantis would be a far superior presidential candidate than Trump, who is too damaged, not to mention too old (see Biden). My concern is that if Trump is defeated in the primaries, he will sabotage the Republicans out of revenge by running as an Independent. I have to say that if he were to do this, he would lose most of whatever respect I have left for him.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They both show a lack of respect for others. They are dismissive, bullying, extremely unlikeable.

There are many Republicans who have stronger characters.
I think every president must treat others with respect--a prerequisite. Neither qualifies.

I have wondered if some prefer bullies because they think they will be their champions. In truth, most are just self centered and power hungry. Never trust a bully.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I also hope the Democrats can find someone better than Biden. While Biden has years of experience in Congress and the Executive branch, he showed signs of age related decline.
I don't know..... pretty hard, in all of the great US of A, to find someone better than Biden....

Maybe they could do like we did in Canada when we elected the son of a past Prime minister... Look how well that turned out for us...LOL

The US could send Hunter to the White House....

Our countries have a great comedy show going, why stop it...

Upvote 0