New Paper Eliminates The Need For Dark Matter To Explain Galaxy Rotation Patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Come on. There are definitely some problems with his model, don't get me wrong, but you're totally barking up the wrong tree as it relates to gamma rays and the location of fusion in their model.

No, I am not. How many times do I have to post Scott's silly descriptions and diagrams, before you realise that his fusion is well above the photosphere? I even posted a piccy for you. Between c and e, he said. Where is c and e in that diagram? The chromosphere. The chromosphere is above the photosphere, so it cannot be below it, can it?

ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 16 20.53.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
From MM:

Errmmm, the person who proposed it hasn't got a clue? Read on:

Scott, the solar wind, and his strange allergy to electrons.

The Electric Sun Hypothesis

The Basics

The Solar Wind

Acceleration of the Solar 'Wind'

Yep, nice one Don. Now, what are you doing with the equally abundant electrons heading on out at the same speed and in the same direction as the ions? Well, there is a 'paper' on this, so we may learn more about these electrons:

A Note on the Acceleration of the Solar Wind

OK, this sounds like we're getting somewhere! So, what happens? We scroll down to section 6, and..........

Ohhh, noo! We already know that an electric field will accelerate ions and electrons - in opposite directions! So where are the poor electrons going? Surely we'll get to this further down ............................................................................................................aaaah, finally:

Not again! The electrons have been left at home! What has he got against electrons? He elucidates further, in section 7:

Yeah, yeah, what about the poor electrons, Don?

Oh dear. Sent back home again, never to leave, poor devils. He then delivers the coup de grace, with his closing statement, in section 10:

Wonder why? Because it needed someone to come along who was totally clueless about the constituents of the solar wind, their speed, and direction, to propose such a thing. Well done!
And we're supposed to take this bloke seriously? Nah.

Bingo! Congrats. You finally found the real Achilles heal of any and all anode solar models. They don't correctly predict the flow of electrons that come from the sun in solar wind, the electron beams that come from the sun, solar "strahl", and it's inconsistent with the fact that overwhelmingly positively charged cosmic rays (99 percent positively charged) are constantly bombarding the solar system, demonstrating that "space" is positively charged just as Birkeland "predicted" with his cathode solar model.

Birkeland's cathode solar model *did* correctly predict that *both* types of charged particle flow from the sun in solar wind. It correctly predicts the flow and direction of the flow of electron "strahl", and the electron beams (cathode rays) coming from the sun. The cathode model also correctly predicts the overwhelmingly positive nature of cosmic rays.

*That* is the real reason that I prefer Birkeland's cathode solar model, along with the fact that it's internally powered and it's entirely consistent with all neutrino predictions of the standard solar model, including neutrino oscillation observations.

Congrats, you finally found a *real* scientific problem with Scott's anode solar model, not just a "trumped up" piece of trash that was posted on a random erroneous website. Well done.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
No, I am not. How many times do I have to post Scott's silly descriptions and diagrams, before you realise that his fusion is well above the photosphere?

It's actually "well above" the electrode surface, but if you read his page *all the way through*, the photosphere is just another double layer that he describes as being above the 'real' surface, and his model is based on *concentric* plasma double layers, not just one as you seem to imagine.

The Electric Sun

The photosphere, then, is plasma in the 'arc' mode. We say this because the Sun emits power at a rate of over 63 million watts/sq meter from its photospheric surface. This is equivalent to a power output of 40 kW from each square inch of that surface. Some have questioned whether the photosphere's relatively low temperature (~5800K) disqualifies it from being in arc mode. In 1944 C.E.R. Bruce of England's Electrical Research Institute proposed that the "photosphere has the appearance, the temperature, and the spectrum of an electric arc; it has arc characteristics because it is an electric arc, or a large number of arcs in parallel." And, it is difficult to imagine a plasma discharge in anything other than arc mode that could radiate 40 kW of power from each square inch of its surface area. Can you imagine the light from forty 1000 watt light bulbs coming out of a one square inch area?

A cross-section taken through a photospheric granule is shown in the three plots shown together below in figure 1. The horizontal axis of each of the three plots is distance, measured radially outward (upward), starting at a point near the bottom of the photosphere (the true surface of the Sun - which we can only observe in the umbra of sunspots). Almost every observed property of the Sun can be explained through reference to these three plots; for this reason, much of the discussion that follows makes reference to them.

His "true surface" (electrode surface) sits underneath of the DL of the 500km thick photosphere and the photosphere is just another double layer that produces neutrinos. As Thornhills said, it's occurring *in* the double layer of the photosphere, but that doesn't mean that there are not *additional double layers* above the photosphere.

You're going to have to get beyond the belief that there's one one double layer involved. There are *many* and the lab results confirm that many of them form above the electrode surface, not just one.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Congrats, you finally found a *real* scientific problem with Scott's anode solar model, not just a "trumped up" piece of trash that was posted on a random erroneous website. Well done.

Nope, this stuff I'm arguing has already been argued before, by professional scientists, such as Tim Thompson and Martin Volwerk, among others.

Reactions: HotBlack
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh dear. No, there couldn't be. Dear me. This EU rubbish gets more bizarre by the post!

Oh yes there can.

A collection of TRACE images (4)
http://trace.lmsal.com/POD/movies/T171_000828.avi

171surfaceshotsmall.JPG

One of the things that *real experiments* (including SAFIRE) actually demonstrate is that the electrode surface is at a consistently *lower* temperature than the plasma above the electrode surface. While the surface of the photosphere may be 5800K, sunspot activity *routinely* demonstrates the cooler plasma (thousand of degrees cooler) exists under that surface.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
It's actually "well above" the electrode surface, but if you read his page *all the way through*, the photosphere is just another double layer that he describes as being above the 'real' surface, and his model is based on *concentric* plasma double layers, not just one as you seem to imagine.

Err, no. He says the fusion is in the DL between c and e.....(how many times????). Look at the piccy. Where is c and e? The chromosphere. That is where he says the fusion is happening. I quoted it word for word for you. Learn to read:

Modern nomenclature calls it a 'double layer' (DL). It is a well known phenomenon in plasma discharges. Because of the DL positioned between points c and e,.......The z-pinch effect of high intensity, parallel current filaments in an arc plasma is very strong. Whatever nuclear fusion is taking place on the Sun is probably occurring here in the double layer (DL) at the top of the photosphere (not deep within the core).

Show me, in Scott's diagram, where there is a DL below the one in the chromosphere, and where he says the fusion is occurring in that one. I read the whole page. There is no mention of any other DL.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh yes there can.

A collection of TRACE images (4)
http://trace.lmsal.com/POD/movies/T171_000828.avi

171surfaceshotsmall.JPG

One of the things that *real experiments* (including SAFIRE) actually demonstrate is that the electrode surface is at a consistently *lower* temperature than the plasma above the electrode surface. While the surface of the photosphere may be 5800K, sunspot activity *routinely* demonstrates the cooler plasma (thousand of degrees cooler) exists under that surface.

Lol. What is that supposed to prove. Nobody in their right mind thinks the Sun has a solid surface! Do you know at what temperature iron melts? Or is it Swiss cheese, like the moon?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Nope, this stuff I'm arguing has already been argued before, by professional scientists, such as Tim Thompson and Martin Volwerk, among others.

To the best of my knowledge neither Tim nor Martin ever claimed that Scott's model or Birkeland's model produced "no neutrinos" or wrong neutrinos or ever claimed that either model would produce excess gamma rays.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
To the best of my knowledge neither Tim nor Martin ever claimed that Scott's model or Birkeland's model produced "no neutrinos" or wrong neutrinos or ever claimed that either model would produce excess gamma rays.

The point is, as I've said before, not about 'no neutrinos'; that is pretty much an irrelevance. The fact remains that, long before we ever detected a neutrino, predictions were made, based on the amount of nuclear fusion needed to power the Sun, of how many, and of what energy neutrinos we should detect. After many decades, and the discovery of oscillation, that prediction is as close to precisely seen as makes no difference. There is no need for any other model. To the best of my knowledge, within the scientific literature, there is no other model.
Thornhill, Scott et al, are clueless about astrophysics in general, and the Sun in particular. Scott (who knows about Thornhill?) wants fusion in a DL between the photosphere and corona (the chromosphere). This fusion is supposedly of heavy elements. How heavy? Who knows? It isn't stated. More wiggle room. The fusion of such elements will produce gamma rays. At specific energies. That is not seen, and therefore rules it out. To quote the aforementioned Tim Thompson:

The same analysis is valid for all of the reactions in each of the CNO reaction chains. So all of the narrow-line gamma ray emission features from each chain should be emitted by the sun, simultaneously, if that CNO chain is in effect at or above the photosphere of the sun. This spectrum of narrow line gamma ray emission is not seen and that fact by itself is sufficient to rule out any CNO reaction chain at or above the photosphere of the sun. The complete absence of all narrow line features from the CNO chains is sufficient by itself to rule out all CNO reactions.
International Skeptics Forum - View Single Post - [Moderated] Iron sun with Aether batteries...

It would also produce a neutrino energy spectrum that is vastly different from that observed. So, that also rules it out. Unless Scott has produced an expected neutrino energy spectrum that magically matches that of the standard model!
For the enormous temperatures needed for this fusion, and the fact that the Sun is equally luminous over its entire body (other than the odd sunspot), then this fusion must be happening over the entire surface (or chromosphere, as Scott would have it). That is also not seen. If the temperature throughout the chromosphere were > 10 m K, we would notice. Ditto, if that temperature were attained on the photosphere, or close below it. None of these things are seen.
There is no evidence for any incoming current. Therefore there is nothing happening at the Sun that requires us to ditch a model that matches very well with theory, for one that totally fails, and has zero evidence for it.
So, there are numerous reasons not to bother with silly models that have never seen the light of day, other than on woo sites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
The point is, as I've said before, not about 'no neutrinos'; that is pretty much an irrelevance.

No, it matters a great deal, and it's definitely not irrelevant. I've seen at *least* three folks on this forum make that erroneous claim, and several other "professionals" too. What it demonstrates to me, and to the rest of the EU/PC community, is that the mainstream does not even understand *anything* about EU/PC solar models in general. Since such *major* public bonehead errors are never fixed or even pointed out by so called "professionals", it also tends to make one wonder if the mainstream has any ethics whatsoever. It certainly does matter.

Now keep in mind, that I too *reject* Juergen's anode model, but I've also been 'put through the public wringer' by the mainstream. I've watched them *repeatedly* and *intentionally* distort my statements. I've watched them irrationally pretend to be mind readers. I've watched them repeatedly and intentionally misrepresent the model that I'm presenting to them, and I have watched them consistently argue against the *individual* rather than the ideas themselves. This consistent type of unethical behavior makes one tend to question the honesty and the integrity of the mainstream and it certainly points out their complete ignorance of these topics in general.

That kind of misinformation *does* matter, much as you'd like to deny it.

The fact remains that, long before we ever detected a neutrino, predictions were made, based on the amount of nuclear fusion needed to power the Sun, of how many, and of what energy neutrinos we should detect. After many decades, and the discovery of oscillation, that prediction is as close to precisely seen as makes no difference.

I tend to agree actually. That's also why I tend to prefer Birkeland's internally powered model too.

There is no need for any other model.

It's not a question as to whether or not there is a *need* for any other model. The Juergen's anode model just works differently. I'd also point out that the mainstream model has no valid explanation for the heat of the corona, and it's convection predictions are *horribly wrong*, so there is certainly a need of a new solar model that predicts the right speed of mass movement, and which *can* explain, and can replicate a full sphere hot corona.

To the best of my knowledge, within the scientific literature, there is no other model.

Apparently you haven't been following the SAFIRE experiments because there is another solar model and it's currently being tested in the lab. It *does* produce a full sphere hot corona (albeit not a particularly stable one as far as I can tell from the videos), and it's not dependent upon fast solar convection for it's atmospheric energy source.

You obviously haven't read Birkeland's work for yourself either, because it does describe yet *another* solar model and it includes predictions galore, math, and *working simulations of it's core ideas*.

Thornhill, Scott et al, are clueless about astrophysics in general, and the Sun in particular.

Considering the fact that the mainstream needs *four* metaphysical constructs to describe events in space, and 95 percent of their model is based on nothing more than placeholder terms from human ignorance, the mainstream is the last one to claim that anyone else is 'clueless' about astrophysics. Even the 5 percent of the LCDM model that isn't placeholder terms for human ignorance is mostly based on "pseudoscience" according to Alfven!

This kind of 'argue against the person' instead of arguing against the model is *unethical* in the extreme.

Scott (who knows about Thornhill?)

You yourself quoted Thornhill from his website so there's no doubt whatsoever as to where he personally claims that fusion takes place, namely *in* the photosphere. Again, there's a *scientific need* to correctly represent the claims and beliefs of the individuals involved and their models.

wants fusion in a DL between the photosphere and corona (the chromosphere).

As I've shown you from *laboratory experimentation*, there isn't just "one" DL, there are *multiple* DL in any anode (and cathode) solar model.

This fusion is supposedly of heavy elements. How heavy? Who knows? It isn't stated. More wiggle room.

Yep, it's missing some key mathematical explanations. That's a a valid criticism.

The fusion of such elements will produce gamma rays.

Indeed, but as that *solar image* also demonstrates, the higher energy wavelengths tend to be quickly absorbed unless and until they are emitted within the *corona*, but the magnetic ropes extend much deeper into the solar atmosphere.

At specific energies. That is not seen, and therefore rules it out.

Those wavelengths *are* seen (I even showed you that), and they wouldn't necessarily *be seen* in the first place if most of it occurs under the surface of the photosphere.

To quote the aforementioned Tim Thompson:

I like Tim, but here's what Tim also said in that very same post that you cited:

The CNO fusion reactions which Mozina falsely claims to see evidence for near the solar surface do not generate random gamma rays (Mozina thinks a gamma ray is a gamma ray and who cares what its energy is). Rather, the CNO reactions will generate narrow band gamma emission with extremely specific gamma ray energies that are immediately identifiable as CNO gamma rays and nothing else.

This is a great example of someone irrationally pretending to 'read my mind' while blatantly misrepresenting my beliefs and my statements, attacking the *individual* rather than just attacking the idea, and misrepresenting the scientific facts, all in the very same paragraph!

I certainly do *not* believe that a "gamma ray is a gamma ray" as Tim falsely and unethically asserted. While CNO fusion does emit very specific wavelengths, coronal loops generate a *very wide range* of gamma ray wavelengths due to their temperature and composition, not *just* CNO wavelengths. That is a completely false assertion on Tim's part. Period. This kind of statement tends to undermine his credibility on this topic in general.

So let's now look and the paragraph that you picked out:

The same analysis is valid for all of the reactions in each of the CNO reaction chains. So all of the narrow-line gamma ray emission features from each chain should be emitted by the sun, simultaneously, if that CNO chain is in effect at or above the photosphere of the sun.

True, but it will be among *lots of other gamma rays* from virtually every part of the spectrum. If?

This spectrum of narrow line gamma ray emission is not seen

Absolutely false! I showed him and I showed you that those wavelengths *are* seen. It might be fair to claim that not *just* those wavelengths are seen, but it's irrational and flat out wrong to claim they're not observed!

and that fact by itself is sufficient to rule out any CNO reaction chain at or above the photosphere of the sun.

Again, utterly false. Those wavelengths *are* seen, but certainly not in sufficient quantity to justify the belief that all fusion occurs in the corona.

The complete absence of all narrow line features from the CNO chains is sufficient by itself to rule out all CNO reactions.

False. There is no 'absence' of those wavelengths in the first place!

It would also produce a neutrino energy spectrum that is vastly different from that observed.

Perhaps, but nobody is claiming that all fusion is CNO fusion either, certainly not me!

So, that also rules it out. Unless Scott has produced an expected neutrino energy spectrum that magically matches that of the standard model!

I don't know what Scott's neutrino energy spectrum looks like because I've never seen him try to produce one *on paper*. I'd have to *assume* however that he'd do the same thing your paper did which is to *postidict* a fit to the actual observation by tweaking the model as required.

For the enormous temperatures needed for this fusion, and the fact that the Sun is equally luminous over its entire body (other than the odd sunspot), then this fusion must be happening over the entire surface (or chromosphere, as Scott would have it). That is also not seen.

Coronal loops cover the whole surface of the sun and they *are* seen. Whether fusion is 'seen' or not depends on where you decide to place the fusion process and Thornhill clearly placed it *in* the photosphere. Even *if* Scott's model puts fusion somewhere else, the entire anode model itself could never be falsified that way, just *Scott's personal opinions* could be falsified that way.

If the temperature throughout the chromosphere were > 10 m K, we would notice.

Thornhill's model would predict a *heated* convecting photosphere as gamma rays are absorbed by the photosphere, and it would predict other double layers above that DL too and we *do* notice excess heat in layers above the photosphere.

Ditto, if that temperature were attained on the photosphere, or close below it.

That depends on "how close". As best as I can tell from satellites and heliosciesmology, the electrode surface is located about 4800Km under the surface of the photosphere and only a *tiny fraction* of the coronal loops (plasma pinches) ever rise above the surface of the photosphere.

None of these things are seen.

I wouldn't expect any of that to be "seen" from Thornhill's model in the first place.

There is no evidence for any incoming current.

I don't know how much current to expect in Thornhills'/Scott's model because I've never seen them try to estimate it, but I would tend to agree that cosmic rays have the opposite charge of what they tend to predict and electrons are flowing *from* the sun, not really toward it very much. That is probably your one and only really valid (and strong) criticism of all possible anode solar model configurations.

Therefore there is nothing happening at the Sun that requires us to ditch a model that matches very well with theory,

Except the standard solar model does *not* explain the heat source of the corona, and it's two orders of magnitude *broken* when comes to convection. The precious mainstream solar model needs an upgrade.

for one that totally fails, and has zero evidence for it.

The standard solar model fails too, and there is evidence of electrical features in the hot solar atmosphere.

So, there are numerous reasons not to bother with silly models that have never seen the light of day, other than on woo sites.

I'll finish by acknowledging your point about particle flow problems with all anode models. I do personally think that is a *very serious* problem with all anode solar models as well. That's why I prefer Birkeland's cathode model. I'll also acknowledge that it's unlikely IMO that the bulk of the fusion of the sun occurs *strictly* in the upper parts of the photosphere, but someone could come along and propose an anode model that produces fusion in the core too, and that would pretty much eliminate your neutrino objections and therefore it's impossible to eliminate all anode configurations based on that particular argument.

The solar wind thing however is critical. It's composition, it's and flow direction tells us something important about the nature of the sun that cannot be ignored. I think that part of your criticisms have merit.

What ultimately bothers me however is that you're not trying to "make it work", you're trying to "debunk" the concept based on ideas that aren't even valid in the first place. Worse yet, the mainstream is not acknowledging or fixing it's convection problems, nor does it offer a working (in the lab) "fix" it's *non explanation* of a hot full sphere corona. Its not like *any* current solar model correctly predicts *everything* we observe, but nobody seems to acknowledge that issue!

IMO Birkeland's internally powered model offers the best path forward. It's inclusive of internal fusion. It doesn't need a lot of external power. It's *got* external power flow from cosmic rays. It successfully produces a hot corona, and it doesn't require massive amount of mass flows from beneath the surface, though it needs *some* mass flow from below the surface of the photosphere if only in the form of *current*.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
No, it matters a great deal, and it's definitely not irrelevant. I've seen at *least* three folks on this forum make that erroneous claim, and several other "professionals" too. What it demonstrates to me, and to the rest of the EU/PC community, is that the mainstream does not even understand *anything* about EU/PC solar models in general.

Nope, it's just an irrelevance. EU solar models don't work on any level, with or without neutrinos. The neutrino data proves them wrong, whichever way you look at it. As does gamma. As does the solar wind. As does the lack of any current. They are flawed from top to bottom, are scientifically impossible, and have zero evidence to support them. They do not exist as a scientific hypothesis. It is pure woo, and is ignored in the same way that scientists ignore astrology and homeopathy.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Apparently you haven't been following the SAFIRE experiments.......

Another irrelevance. How is plugging a metallic sphere into the mains telling us anything about the Sun? Where is the solar system equivalent of that mains power? Does this experiment produce a quasi-neutral solar wind? Does it produce an equivalent of the IMF? Frankly, what is the point of it? It'll prove nothing, and, if it's published at all, will be in some crank or irrelevant journal, where it will be rightly ignored.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Absolutely false! I showed him and I showed you that those wavelengths *are* seen. It might be fair to claim that not *just* those wavelengths are seen, but it's irrational and flat out wrong to claim they're not observed!

No, you didn't. You showed a continuum spectrum. As Tim said, there is zilch in there to indicate CNO fusion. And nobody believes there is.

False. There is no 'absence' of those wavelengths in the first place!
Yes, there is. Have a look at one of the papers I linked upthread. Remember where they see fusion from 7Be - 7Li? Narrow line. That is what your non-existent CNO fusion lines should look like. Anyway, pointless argument, as nobody qualified in this particular area has ever claimed to see CNO fusion from the surface. So, another irrelevance.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
As I've shown you from *laboratory experimentation*, there isn't just "one" DL, there are *multiple* DL in any anode (and cathode) solar model.

Nope. You've linked to a video that I can't be bothered watching, that plugs a metallic sphere into the mains. Irrelevance. Scott says fusion in the chromosphere. As proven. So, has he changed his model? If so, where is it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Perhaps, but nobody is claiming that all fusion is CNO fusion either, certainly not me!

Well, I was discussing the fact that I had called Scott and Thornhill clueless. You were defending them. They say 'heavy element' fusion above or at the surface. Not happening. Wrong energy spectrum. Ergo, they are clueless, as per my claim. Then you've got Scott's electron free solar wind.........I think his cluelessness has been well and truly demonstrated. So we can safely ignore anything else he has to say, including the 'paper' that is the subject of this thread. Yes?

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know what Scott's neutrino energy spectrum looks like because I've never seen him try to produce one *on paper*. I'd have to *assume* however that he'd do the same thing your paper did which is to *postidict* a fit to the actual observation by tweaking the model as required.

In which case he'd have to dump the heavy element nonsense, and say that it is p-p fusion. Which is impossible in the environment that he has it going on. More cluelessness. Not to mention the gamma rays. Ouch. We evolved on this planet, as generally accepted. Therefore Scott's model is wrong, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Nope, it's just an irrelevance.

No, it speaks to both the ignorance of the mainstream and their lack of scientific integrity. Honesty is a *must* in science.

EU solar models don't work on any level, with or without neutrinos.

That's obviously false. Unlike the standard model, they even work in the lab:

The neutrino data proves them wrong, whichever way you look at it.

Alfven used pretty much of a "standard" solar model till he got to the solar atmosphere, so that's patently false at it relates to his model.

Birkeland's cathode model is also based on an internal power supply, so that claim is patently false as it relates to his model.

Juergen's anode model is also based on fusion, and there are no published neutrinos predictions related to that model in the first place.

As does gamma.

Absolutely false since the first two models include fusion in the core and do not require fusion in the atmosphere at all, and Thornhill specifically puts fusion *in* the photosphere, so that claim is false with respect to his model as well.

mossyohkoh.jpg

You won't even tough that image with a 10 foot pole in terms of offering us an explanation with respect to higher energy photons.

As does the solar wind.

Actually it directly *supports* Birkeland's cathode solar model with is the only solar model known to man to predict that flow pattern *in the lab*.

It also supports Alfven's relatively standard model *if* you believe the it supports the standard model (which I don't, but you do).

It does tend to cause serious and IMO insurmountable problems for anode solar configurations. At best you can eliminate only *one* EU/PC solar model that way.

As does the lack of any current.

Cosmic rays demonstrate conclusively that there *is* current flowing into the sun, so that claim is provably false.

They are flawed from top to bottom,

They? You don't even seem to have the slightest clue how *they* all work, nor do the "professionals" because *none* of them predict "no neutrinos", and that's the kind of nonsense that so called "professionals" claim about EU/PC models *plural*.

are scientifically impossible,

All of them are scientifically "possible", and in fact two of them have been demonstrated in a lab. Only Alfven's model hasn't been demonstrated in a lab.

and have zero evidence to support them.

Again, that hot corona proves otherwise, and that statement just shows your irrational biases. All of them have "some" evidence to support them.

They do not exist as a scientific hypothesis.

False. Birkeland's model has existed as a scientific hypothesis (and working model) for over a century. Alfven's model is also a valid scientific hypothesis. Parts of Juergen's model have also been demonstrated in a lab. Furthermore the mainstream convection prediction have been *falsified* and never fixed, so it's not even a valid scientific hypothesis at the moment.

It is pure woo, and is ignored in the same way that scientists ignore astrology and homeopathy.

How ironic. That's funny since LCDM has exactly the same amount of laboratory support as astrology and homeopathy. None of the nonsense actually works in the lab.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Thornhill's model would predict a *heated* convecting photosphere as gamma rays are absorbed by the photosphere, and it would predict other double layers above that DL too and we *do* notice excess heat in layers above the photosphere.

Thornhill hasn't got a model. Just a few scribblings on a woo site, far as I can see. So, we need enough fusion to power a star, as detected, and it's a probably 100s of millions of degrees, just below the photosphere. And the top of the photosphere is 5800K? No way. Show me the loon's working. And DLs are extremely unstable. As are z-pinches. No way are you getting them in a convecting photosphere. Sheer lunacy.

Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
How ironic. That's funny since LCDM has exactly the same amount of laboratory support as astrology and homeopathy. None of the nonsense actually works in the lab.

And you don't have any lab support. And don't point me to irrelevant metallic spheres plugged into the mains. Nothing like a star.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.