New Paper Eliminates The Need For Dark Matter To Explain Galaxy Rotation Patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Ah yes thanks for the memories.:holy:
I recall the capacitor argument was introduced to try to convince Michael that a magnetic field exists across a capacitor where a current couldn't flow due to the insulator and yet he was so adamant you still needed a current as per his cause/effect nonsense.

How times have changed!!!!!

It's called *displacement current*, the E field is *changing* in that instance and it's not changing in Scott's example, and the LED told the whole story!

Where's the capacitor in Scott's paper? Talk about taking my statements *completely* out of context! Wow.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Yep .. And was then made even simpler for him by disconnecting the capacitor from its circuit and putting it into a vacuum.
(Which of course, resulted in yet another lie to get out of his self-imposed conundrum).

More BS.

This is why I don't trust astronomers as far as I can throw them. You make up false claims about *everyone* as you go, just like your false "no neutrino" nonsense and Dr. Scott's solar model.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,144.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Michael,

You have no perception of how totally ridiculous you are coming across.
If you are now trying to convince us that the Tbolts and capacitor quotes don't indicate you have conveniently jumped ship in this thread to avoid contradiction with Scott but is entirely consistent, you are not fooling anyone.

Still waiting.
So which scenario should you go by?
(1) Admit you are wrong to let Scott off the hook.
(2) Admit you are wrong in claiming there are no errors in Scott’s paper.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Michael,

You have no perception of how totally ridiculous you are coming across.
If you are now trying to convince us that the Tbolts and capacitor quotes don't indicate you have conveniently jumped ship in this thread to avoid contradiction with Scott but is entirely consistent, you are not fooling anyone.

Likewise you have no idea how ridiculous you are coming across after that whole Olber's paradox fiasco, your "no neutrino" nonsense and now this pathetic attempt to trying to ignore the fact that there is no 'capacitor' in Scott's model. :)

Man, I've seen desperate attempts to create strawman arguments, but this is in a class by itself. :)

Please cite the page number and paragraph in Scott's paper where he includes a capacitor because I must have missed it. :) This should be good......

Still waiting.

I already answered your question, so your denial routine is just sad.

The answer is 3) *neither*. I was not wrong, and Scott made no errors.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Likewise you have no idea how ridiculous you are coming across after that whole Olber's paradox fiasco, your "no neutrino" nonsense and now this pathetic attempt to trying to ignore the fact that there is no 'capacitor' in Scott's model. :)

Man, I've seen desperate attempts to create strawman arguments, but this is in a class by itself. :)

Please cite the page number and paragraph in Scott's paper where he includes a capacitor because I must have missed it. :) This should be good......

The question remains, as you haven't addressed any of the issues from previous posts.
As far as a capacitor in Scott's paper, you made up the story not me.
Since its your story explain how that little mind of yours conjured up such a conclusion.
This should be good........

Here is a reminder of the question.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
The question remains, as you haven't addressed any of the issues from previous posts.

False. I have addressed your supposed "issues" repeatedly. There are no capacitors in Scott's model, so the displacement current is zero, and dropping a zero from the equation is perfectly valid!

As far as a capacitor in Scott's paper, you made up the story not me.

You're the only one making up "stories" by pulling my statements from different discussions completely out of context, ignoring my answers and alleging nonsense that simply isn't true.

Since its your story explain how that little mind of yours conjured up such a conclusion.
This should be good........

Any past post of mine includes the necessary explanations for the *context in which they were written*, which you apparently just don't wish to listen to or hear, much like the answer I have given you repeatedly to your false dichotomy fallacy.

Here is a reminder of the question.

I've answered your fallacious question twice already, so it's quite clear that your denial process has set in, and you refuse to embrace reality. That's your problem, not mine.

For the third and last time :

There are no capacitors or changing E fields in Scott's model so the displacement current is zero. Scott explained very clearly that it was a conscious choice on his part, along with the reasoning, it was not an error of oversight. Your denial process is just ridiculous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,144.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
So, the conclusion is that Scott's paper must be wrong because setting ∂E/t =0, (ie: there is no time varying E field), is completely nonsensical when there is a speculated (but complex) current flow (j ≠0). The complexity of the fields that Scott argues evolves in his 'Birkeland currents', just makes no sense without accompanying changes in the E field over time. Eg: even a real Birkeland current decays over time (auroras don't last forever).

Michael has also been demonstrated as being completely up-the-spout in arguing that in general (ie: in principle .. ie: Maxwell's eqns), that: "There's still a "cause/effect" relationship between the flow of current and the existence of the magnetic field". This is because there are cases where current flow can be zero (j =0), but a time varying E field still supports a non zero magnetic field (eg: capacitors .. which of course, are engineered to do so .. by humans). Whether or not Michael's intention was 'in principle' or, whether it was 'only in the capacitor case', is immaterial because we are discussing a paper about an idealised model of non-engineered plasma movements in space, which eliminates any 'special pleading' by Michael to exclude his capacitor related comments in this instance (they too were flawed anyway, because there was zero current flowing with a simultaneous magnetic field present).

So, Scott's idealised 'Birkeland current' cosmological scale model is errored in principle (by an invalid (math) substitution error) and Michael's arguments, applied to Scott's paper, are simply irrelevant. Michael was errored about how and why capacitors function also.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
So, the conclusion is that Scott's paper must be wrong because setting ∂E/t =0, (ie: there is no time varying E field), is completely nonsensical....

That's your own problem in a nutshell. It's completely logical to ignore a changing E field scenario when you aren't proposing one to begin with, just like it's perfectly logical to ignore the J=0 option when discussing a Birkeland *current* that is based on strong enough currents to help to generate faster galactic rotation. You're irrationally trying to claim he's "wrong" simply for making *logical* assumptions about the specific conditions he's describing!

when there is a speculated (but complex) current flow (j ≠0). The complexity of the fields that Scott argues evolves in his 'Birkeland currents', just makes no sense without accompanying changes in the E field over time. Eg: even a real Birkeland current decays over time (auroras don't last forever).

You really don't know anything about plasma physics or the math that he's describing. That's *very* obvious. Do yourself a favor and invest in your education and go to the store and buy yourself an ordinary plasma ball. When you turn on the switch and current stars to flow, you'll see nice little columns of current carrying filaments form in the plasma. They won't go away until or unless you turn *off* the E field. The threads don't form due to a changing E field, they form because of the current, and the magnetic field 'pinch' effect that surrounds the current.

Aurora are time limited events because the excess current from the sun that is required to sustain them at bright emission levels dissipates over time. In that specific case the current isn't consistent.

The whole capacitor nonsense it a total ruse because there is no capacitor in Scott's model!

There is no invalid substitution happening because he's not *assuming* a changing E field in the first place, in fact he's assuming the E field is constant like an ordinary plasma ball scenario. There is no capacitor mentioned in his model! Sheesh. What a ridiculous red herring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Your critical thinking skills are non existent.
You can’t have it both ways.
You either believe electric currents are the sole cause of magnetic fields made perfectly clear by your Tbolts and CF comments on capacitors; or you don’t as you are now suggesting.
The argument of Scott not using a displacement current meaning there are no inconsistencies is utterly ridiculous.

Let me remind what Scott stated in his paper.

Scott said:
In (4) it is clear that j, the current density at a point, creates only a single curl(B) vector, not a B vector. In general, there can be (and often is) a non-zero valued B vector at points at which j =0

Irrespective of whether he uses a displacement current or not, Scott’s statement is clearly contradicted by your Tbolt and CF comments.
Your are either too dumb not to see the contradiction or you are lying now or when you made those comments.

The question still stands.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Your critical thinking skills are non existent.

The missing 200 billion stars in your Olber's paradox argument says otherwise. :)

You can’t have it both ways.
You either believe electric currents are the sole cause of magnetic fields made perfectly clear by your Tbolts and CF comments on capacitors; or you don’t as you are now suggesting.

In the Tbolts example, the lit LED demonstrates that the current is running until the capacitor has no more electrons to spare. It's even called 'displacement current".

The argument of Scott not using a displacement current meaning there are no inconsistencies is utterly ridiculous.

The are absolutely, positively no capacitors described in Scott's paper so your fixation on him setting the displacement current to zero and ignoring the possibility of changing E fields is complete ruse.

Let me remind what Scott stated in his paper.

What he's saying is that a changing E field can generate B fields. That is correct.

Irrespective of whether he uses a displacement current or not, Scott’s statement is clearly contradicted by your Tbolt and CF comments.

No, it's not. I was specifically discussing an LED experiment at Tbolts, not a generic changing E field scenario. It was highly specific.

Your are either too dumb not to see the contradiction or you are lying now or when you made those comments.

Baloney. You're trying to compare a *generic* possibility of any type of E field change with a very specific LED experiment and they aren't the same thing regardless of how much you wish they were.

Furthermore, if there really was no current involved in that LED experiment I was discussing at Tbolts, the LED wouldn't remain lit and the capacitor wouldn't discharge itself back to zero.

The question still stands.

I've answered it several times already and my answer hasn't changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Let's be honest; both Thornhill and Scott are clueless. Nobody (other than woo merchants) takes them seriously. We had Scott's lunatic claims about the M2-9 Butterfly nebula being a Z-pinch! Ouch. And Thornhill claming that SN 1987A was also a Z-pinch! Dear me. Where do they find these idiots? As for neutrinos, the whole thing is irrelevant. If the fusion were occuring at the surface, then we would see gamma rays. Or, more likely we wouldn't, because we would never have evolved. Whole argument is as pointless as EU. There is no point :). One would need to lop off at least 40 IQ points to even give it headroom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Let's be honest; both Thornhill and Scott are clueless.

That "clueless" claim is more than a tad ironic considering how little you folks seem to understand about even their solar model. I've seen you folks (you included) posting on blogs that claim that their solar model predicts "no neutrinos" for goodness sake! I'm sure that you *believe* that they are clueless, but you're simply projecting your own ignorance on them. It's really you folks that seem to be entirely clueless about what they actually predict in the first place, so your opinions about their beliefs and their models are utterly meaningless.

Nobody (other than woo merchants) takes them seriously.

Oh please! The mainstream is peddling four different kinds of magical 'woo', including woo matter, woo energy, wooflation, and woospace expansion. Give me a break. Compared to your metaphysical Frankenstein of a model, you folks are the last people on the planet who should be complaining about 'woo'. We spent *billions* of dollars on your woo matter claims and you still have *nothing whatsoever* to show for any of it.

I'll admit that I don't share their belief in an anode solar model. I personally prefer Birkeland's internally powered cathode model, but nothing they espouse is any weirder or more improbable than the complete nonsense that the mainstream is peddling, starting with Olber's absurd paradox that's 200 billion stars short of a valid scientific argument. Talk about ignorant woo.

We had Scott's lunatic claims about the M2-9 Butterfly nebula being a Z-pinch! Ouch.

"Ouch" because of what exactly? If you folks weren't so electrophobic, it wouldn't sound so absurd to you.

And Thornhill claming that SN 1987A was also a Z-pinch! Dear me. Where do they find these idiots?

I love how you folks have to resort to name calling and personal attacks. It just makes you all sound so desperate. Considering your bizarre and ridiculous Obler's claim, you really have no right to even go there.

As for neutrinos, the whole thing is irrelevant.

No it's not. It serves to demonstrate just how truly clueless you all are to even the most *basic* aspects of EU/PC solar models in general. It also shows that you're not even willing to point out your buddy's errors when those errors are blatantly obvious.

Thornhill "The Electric Universe"
(Page 70)

Neutrino deficiency.

Solar physicists have acknowledged for decades that the Sun’s output of neutrinos, a by-product of nuclear fusion, is about 1/3 of that expected in the standard solar model. Three types or ‘flavors’ of neutrinos have been identified, and recent attempts to solve the problem require unwarranted assumptions about neutrino ‘change of flavor’ en route from the center of the Sun. An electric Sun, however, can generate all flavors of neutrinos in heavy element synthesis at its surface. Therefore, it requires no assumptions about ‘changing flavors’ to hide the deficit.

Neutrino variability.

The neutrino output varies inversely with the surface sunspot cycle. Were they produced in the nuclear ‘furnace’ at the center of the Sun, this relationship would be inconceivable, since solar physicists calculate that it takes about 200,000 years for the energy of internal fusion to affect the surface. In the electrical model, more and larger sunspots mean less ‘lightning’ at the surface, where the nuclear reactions occur. Thus, the decline in neutrinos with increasing sunspot number is expected.

Scott "The Electric Sky'
Page 106:

The neutrino flux from the sun seems to vary inversely with sunspot number. This is not unexpected in the ES hypothesis because the source of those neutrinos is the z-pinch-produced fusion occurring in the double layer (DL) – and sunspots are the locations where there is no DL in which this process can occur.

What a complete lack of scientific integrity! There isn't a single EU/PC solar model that predicts "no neutrinos". If you can't even get that much right, what are the odds that you understand *anything* correctly? Answer: Slim to none!

If the fusion were occuring at the surface, then we would see gamma rays.

Case in point. They aren't claiming that fusion occurs *at* the surface of the photosphere or *at* the surface of the chromosphere. They're claiming that it occurs at the surface of the *electrode* which is located *underneath of the surface of the photosphere*. We therefore would not expect to see excess gamma rays, and they never 'predicted' any such thing! Quote either one of them making such a ridiculous claim. You guys just make up these absurdly ignorant and false claims about their models and you burn your own strawmen, fancying yourselves to be so "wise" but in reality you know *absolutely nothing* about the topic at all. What you *think* you know is utter nonsense and only demonstrates your own ignorance of their models.

Or, more likely we wouldn't, because we would never have evolved.

Psst: For the record there is also no EU/PC solar model that predicts that the surface of the photosphere is not 5800K so the whole nonsense about EU/PC models (plural) predicting a non thermal output is also just absurdly wrong. You guys literally don't know the first thing about what you're even talking about so of *course* it seems absurd to you. In reality however you know *absolutely nothing* about their models in the first place.

Whole argument is as pointless as EU. There is no point :). One would need to lop off at least 40 IQ points to even give it headroom.

More personal attack nonsense. Yawn. FYI, *multiple* EU/PC solar models have actually been lab tested and they easily produce a full sphere working hot corona, something that your models have *never* been able to do in a real lab. My personal favorite solar model is Birkeland's internally powered cathode model but anything electric is preferable to the mainstream model IMO.

FYI, you guys toss out one imaginary problem that you claim falsifies an entire solar model that isn't even a valid 'prediction' of the model you're trying to 'debunk', yet you turn a completely blind eye to the fact that your own precious solar model flunked it's convection test by two entire orders of magnitude. Talk about a massively failed "prediction":

Weak solar convection – approximately 100 times slower than scientists had previously projected

It's been more than five years now since SDO falsified your solar model. Are you *ever* going to fix it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
"Ouch" because of what exactly? If you folks weren't so electrophobic, it wouldn't sound so absurd to you.

Because Doppler measurements show one lobe leaving the object and being blue-shifted towards us, and the other lobe leaving the object and being red shifted away from us. Show me a z-pinch that can do that! That is why ouch! Scott is doing nothing more than 'looks like a bunny', and pretending that it's science. It isn't.
The same applies to Thorhill's nonsense claims about supernovae.

What a complete lack of scientific integrity! There isn't a single EU/PC solar model that predicts "no neutrinos". If you can't even get that much right, what are the odds that you understand *anything* correctly? Answer: Slim to none!

And I've already said that it isn't a problem of no neutrinos, it is a problem of which type, how many, and their location. All of which serves to falsify their silliness.

Case in point. They aren't claiming that fusion occurs *at* the surface of the photosphere or *at* the surface of the chromosphere.

Wrong. You quoted Scott as saying:

The neutrino flux from the sun seems to vary inversely with sunspot number. This is not unexpected in the ES hypothesis because the source of those neutrinos is the z-pinch-produced fusion occurring in the double layer (DL) – and sunspots are the locations where there is no DL in which this process can occur.

So, where does Scott have this DL? Above the photosphere!

The ES hypothesis states that outward bound positive ions and protons (that will become constituents of the solar wind) rise up from the photosphere, accelerate through a plasma double layer (DL) and collide with neutrals, other atoms, and ions in the lower corona.
http://electric-cosmos.org/SolarWind.pdf

See also the figure 2 in: http://electric-cosmos.org/Electronic Sun.pdf
Where has Scott got the DL? In the chromosphere! Given that his source of neutrinos, as quoted and bolded above, is from a z-pinch in this DL, then it is well above the photosphere. And would be exceedingly obvious due to the gamma rays produced. Let's gloss over the point that creating fusion at the temperatures and pressures of the chromosphere are impossible.
So, as I said, whether they predict neutrinos or not is an irrelevance. The model sucks, and is disproven by observation. Or lack thereof.

In summary, I would say "clueless" is being rather kind. Particularly when you throw in the nonsense about electric comets, electric cratering, electric volcanoes, and all that Velikovskian woo about Venus doing handbrake turns around the solar system a few weeks ago last Tuesday. How would you describe people who believe that sort of nonsense? Befuddled? Scientifically illiterate? Clueless will do for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ianw16

Mar 7, 2018
bournemouth
✟9,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh, by the way, there is no correlation between sunspots and neutrino flux:

Absence of Correlation between the Solar Neutrino Flux and the Sunspot Number
Walther, G.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/9710031.pdf

But, hey, that is from 1997, so probably too recent for EUists.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Because Doppler measurements show one lobe leaving the object and being blue-shifted towards us, and the other lobe leaving the object and being red shifted away from us. Show me a z-pinch that can do that! That is why ouch!

Ah, now I see the basis of *your* confusion. :) Two z-pinch processes and jets would do that. Sometime you should lookup the term 'homopolar generator' in relationship to Alfven's papers and his work. Have you read Alfven's book or Peratt's book?

According to Alfven, many objects in space generate jets near the poles as current flows into the object along the poles and the current flows out around the equator region. In that scenario you'd expect electrons flowing in at the poles and ions flowing out of the poles and electrons flowing out around the equator. Pretty standard stuff in Alfven's book. Did you ever read "Cosmic Plasma" for yourself?

Scott is doing nothing more than 'looks like a bunny', and pretending that it's science. It isn't.

Observation and pattern recognition is a key element of science. It's not like your mainstream models work particularly well mathematically as your convection problem and your dark matter fiasco has clearly demonstrated over the past few years. Even the last SN1A study based on a larger data sets showed only about a 3 sigma likelihood of acceleration, much too small to be considered a "discovery" in physics. I wouldn't be so quick to ignore the value of pattern recognition.

The same applies to Thorhill's nonsense claims about supernovae.

I'm not convinced that is his issue or your misunderstanding of his model.

And I've already said that it isn't a problem of no neutrinos,

Well, then why don't any of you correct the nonsensical claims related to 'no neutrinos' on your blogs? Your public criticisms of EU/PC models are worse than wrong, they're absurd.

it is a problem of which type,

Thornhill and Scott predict all types of neutrinos from their model (again it's not my personal favorite, but they do predict all types), they just predict them *differently* than the standard model.

how many,

Do you have a quote to show me where they predict fewer of them or something?

and their location.

They do make unique predictions with respect to the location of neutrino output but we don't really have the technology (neutrino resolution) to know if they're mostly coming from the core or from around the entire sun yet.

All of which serves to falsify their silliness.

You seem to be making a lot of false assumptions and false assertions from where I sit. Again, I'm not emotionally attached to their anode solar model, but I can't just call it "silly" without better neutrino resolution, and better information about the double layering system around the electrode.

Wrong. You quoted Scott as saying:

So, where does Scott have this DL? Above the photosphere!

http://electric-cosmos.org/SolarWind.pdf

See also the figure 2 in: http://electric-cosmos.org/Electronic Sun.pdf
Where has Scott got the DL? In the chromosphere!

I suggest you skip to about 1:25:00 in the movie and watch the experiments they've been conducting with double layers. You seem to be under a false impression that there are only a couple of double layers whereas the experiments show a series of concentric rings around the electrode.

SDO, and specifically heliosiesmology studies would suggest that the surface of the electrode is actually located around 4800Km *underneath* of the surface of the photosphere and the photosphere itself is simply one of many double layers which surround the electrode.

Given that his source of neutrinos, as quoted and bolded above, is from a z-pinch in this DL, then it is well above the photosphere.

No, actually it's not *above* the photosphere, it's occurring *inside* the upper layers of the double layer of the photosphere and below the surface of the photosphere.

The Electric Sun

Fusion in the Double Layer
The z-pinch effect of high intensity, parallel current filaments in an arc plasma is very strong. Whatever nuclear fusion is taking place on the Sun is probably occurring here in the double layer (DL) at the top of the photosphere (not deep within the core). The result of this fusion process are the 'metals' that give rise to absorption lines in the Sun's spectrum. Traces of sixty eight of the ninety two natural elements are found in the Sun's atmosphere. Most of the radio frequency noise emitted by the Sun emanates from this region. Radio noise is a well known property of DLs. The electrical power available to be delivered to the plasma at any point is the product of the E-field (V/m) times current density (A/m2). This multiplication operation yields Watts per cubic meter (power density). The current density is relatively constant over the height of the photospheric / chromospheric layers. However, the E-field is at its strongest at the center of the DL. Present thinking is that nuclear fusion takes a great deal of power - if that is so, then that power is available in the DL. It has reportedly been observed that the neutrino flux from the Sun varies inversely with sunspot number. This is expected in the ES hypothesis because the source of those neutrinos is probably z-pinch produced fusion which is occurring in the double layer - and sunspots are locations where there is no DL in which this process can occur. The greater the number of sunspots, the fewer the number of observed solar neutrinos.

Emphasis mine. The photosphere is simply *one* double layer around the electrode and the fusion occurs *inside* (in) that double layer, not above it.

And would be exceedingly obvious due to the gamma rays produced.

If Scott were were claiming that the fusion was occurring inside the double layer of the chromophere, you would be right, but he's claiming it's occurring inside the double layer of the photosphere, below the surface.

Let's gloss over the point that creating fusion at the temperatures and pressures of the chromosphere are impossible.

Gah! The z-pinch process related to magnetic ropes/coronal loops generates plasma temperatures into the millions of degrees and they originate *under* the surface of the photosphere. The fusion occurs inside the pinch processes inside the double layer, not in the *whole* double layer. In fact the vast majority of the plasma pinches never rise up through the surface of the photosphere. The largest coronal loop pinches do leave their heat and magnetic field signatures on the surface of the photosphere, but the vast majority of the pinch processes occur *under* that surface. It's not the average temperature of any double layer that's important, it the temperature inside the plasma pinches that generate fusion and they range into the tens of millions of degrees at times. Just look at a 94A or 131A SDO image.

So, as I said, whether they predict neutrinos or not is an irrelevance. The model sucks, and is disproven by observation. Or lack thereof.

All you've done is demonstrate that your understanding of his model is *simply wrong*. If you were picking on something that he actually predicted, I'd be impressed, but thus far every criticism you've put forth seems to be based on your own misunderstanding of his model, not his model.

In summary, I would say "clueless" is being rather kind.

Calling your misconceptions about his model "clueless" is being rather kind too I'm afraid. :)

Particularly when you throw in the nonsense about electric comets, electric cratering, electric volcanoes, and all that Velikovskian woo about Venus doing handbrake turns around the solar system a few weeks ago last Tuesday. How would you describe people who believe that sort of nonsense? Befuddled? Scientifically illiterate? Clueless will do for me.

I'm not personally a big fan of any of those ideas either, but that's not really what defines EU/PC theory to begin with. It is ultimately a *cosmology* theory that is related to Alfven's work and Peratt's work on cosmology. There are at least three solar models to choose from in EU/PC theory, including Birkeland's internally powered cathode model, Alfven's relatively standard solar model, and Juergen's partially externally powered anode model. I'd say the anode model is probably my least favorite solar model actually, but that's just me.

I hate to break it to you but not many folks in the EU/PC community are huge fans of Velikovski or his work, and he's never defined EU/PC cosmology theory in the first place. He's a bit player at best. Birkeland really began EU/PC theory about a century ago with his solar system experiments, and Alfven took it one step further and turned it into a modern 'cosmology' model. Thornhill might personally support Velikovski, but Scott never even mentions him in his book nor does he discuss any of the things on your list. Unlike LCDM proponents, we don't all think in lockstep. We're a diverse community. You'd be wise to recognize that EU/PC theory is first and foremost a *cosmology* theory written primarily by Alfven and Peratt. The solar models, and solar system concepts tend to be where the EU/PC community splinters and goes in different directions.

For instance, we all embrace Alfven's work and Peratt's work on cosmology theory, but I personally prefer Birkeland's internally powered cathode solar model over the relatively standard solar model that Alfven described in his book. Others in the EU/PC community like Scott also embrace Alfven's work on cosmology, but he prefers Juergen's anode solar model.

From the standpoint of *cosmology*, Alfven and Peratt describe and define EU/PC theory, certainly not Velikovski. Choice of solar models tends to be very much up to the individual. A *few* folks in the EU/PC community may support at least some of Velikovski's work but I'd say it's a tiny minority at best. You seem to be judging a cosmology model based on a person who's not even important with respect to EU/PC cosmology theory in the first place.

This is why I would say that most critics of the EU/PC *cosmology* theory know little or nothing about EU/PC cosmology theory in the first place! It seems like most of you haven't read Afven's work or Birkeland's work or even Scott's book for yourself. Rather you seem to get all your *misinformation* from a few random blogs in cyberspace which contain more *false* information than accurate information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Oh, by the way, there is no correlation between sunspots and neutrino flux:

Absence of Correlation between the Solar Neutrino Flux and the Sunspot Number
Walther, G.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/9710031.pdf

But, hey, that is from 1997, so probably too recent for EUists.

Hey, what do you know. You *finally* came up with a valid criticism of Scott's model. Congrats. That's the first valid criticism I've heard from you that wasn't just parroted erroneous nonsense that came from a clueless blog entry.

Then again it's not a real "deal breaker" per se, but it's a least a valid criticism of his model based upon his actual statements rather than misinformation based on something you read on a blog entry somewhere. That's a major improvement for a change.

Now of course there's that convection "test" that your solar model flunked too, so it's not like your own model is without it's own share of problems. You've got a two order of magnitude problem on your hands as well.

No single failure of a solar model tends to falsify the whole model. If that were true, only Birkeland's model would be left standing at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.