• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New member and anxiety attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaUk

Veteran
Mar 13, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟9,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BohemianChris said:
Nice quote.

Two different classes of drugs, benzos and SSRIs. One can be addictive, and the other is not. The brain is an extraordinary component of our persons, and can do many remarkable things, meaning, no you do not have to stay on medication for the rest of your life, because your chemicals change in your brain. Eg., the average depressive episode lasts nine months.

You said two sides of every story, yet you debate a fact that is irrelevant. Not once was it brought up about habit forming: I mentioned that anxiety is a chemical imbalance, and you said it was not. So, then you quote about how the drugs in the class of benzos can be addictive.

I'm glad you aren't surprised. I just don't want you to make other people feel bad for recognising a problem and following doctors orders. Google isn't my only source, there are countless books, and my father I can and have spoken to, who happens to be a neurological surgeon. I think he knows a tad more than you ;).

Cheers

Anyways, this is my last post on this issue.

Chris, I'd rather trust myself, who has the condition, rather than a doctor because only I know what has worked for me. Besides, I'm not the only one with this opinion, as I showed you above.

Besides, I don't understand why you keep talking about depression when I'm talking about anxiety and panic attacks?

Anyways, I gave my advice, you gave yours, people can do their own research.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.