Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

I'll start by telling you how I came to Christ:

I grew up in a Christian home. As a child, I enjoyed going to Church but I always felt like whenever I wanted to talk about things that I was struggling with, the other kids would be "shocked". Granted, I did say shocking things. But I always felt judged and I also felt like a lot of my Christian friends were hypocrites. In my mother's (she's rather pious), they were angels but they would tell me all sort of nonsense in reality. I didn't want to be a Christian because I didn't want to be a hypocrite. I knew that God is the truth but I wanted to know for sure as I've been indoctrinated from young, also I wanted to "live a little" and I know that God is a Holy God and as I said, I don't want to be a hypocrite.

I accepted the Lord when I was 19 (I'm 22 now). I hit rock-bottom after a life of debauchery and hedonism. I literally did everything I wanted to. And I thought I was happy but I was just destroying myself in the process. A lot had happened that year and I went to London for the summer (I was in Paris) to get away from the mess of my own doing. Things didn't change immediately but I met up with an aunt that I barely knew and for some reason, I just opened up and then she asked me if she could pray for me and if I wanted to pray with her. "Prayer never hurts," were my exact thoughts. And that prayer changed my life. Essentially, I said the sinner's prayer but I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to be a Christian (still). But even with that little faith, God moved. I physically felt this heavy burden come off me. I felt as light as a cloud. Spring water rushed through me. I felt peace for the first time in my life. And as someone who has had anxiety her whole life, PEACE WAS EVERYTHING. After that, I was convinced that I should explore God and I went all in.

I cut ties with things that were ungodly and I pursued righteousness. However, I was in the honeymoon phase. Eventually, I "burned out" and I hid from God when I realised I was failing. Which made me "back slide" multiple times. Despite all this, God's grace is sufficient and I always come back to continue my walk with him.

Anyway, this time, I am just going forward with God. I try my best not to look back. Sometimes I struggle but I would proudly call myself a Christian now.

I want to grow my Christian community so here I am on this forum :)

- Ann.

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What a beautiful testimony. God's peace is incredibly amazing.. it removes yokes we thought were immovable.

I pray you'll grow strong in Christ :)

We're all in this together.

Upvote 0