Jun 10, 2007
chicago
Visit site
✟15,538.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
i know we all have gone through at least one...

WHICH professor has been your worst so far? no names needed but what class was it for...
WHY were they the worst?? theres gotta be a reason....

mine was for an english class my second semester of my 1st year...i had done great on previous english classes and when i started this one BANG i wanted out...:help:

this prof. never gave me higher than a D on any paper...and on one she refused to grade it becasue it "wasnt worth her time" i was like what?!!
i didnt understand these grades i would take the papers back to the writing center nad they never found anything about a spelling error here and there but nothing so bad as to give me a D and even not grade papers....when i went to the WC they were like whop do you have adn i was like prof.....and they were like ohhhh yea weve heard of her...guess shes done it before....
funny thing was it wasnt me or the way i read or my understaning of the topics becasue i ACED all my exams....
so i switched to psych and i am way way way wayyyyy happier:clap:

i know yall got a story so spill...lol

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I had an Accounting professor. I think she formerly worked for the Gestapo. Her exams were something to behold, some were up to 18 pages long. She recieved permission to hold her Midterm exam over two class periods. Her projects were so tough that a CPA could not pass them. in addition she often reveled in the fact that she would regularly blow half the class out the door. Her attrition rate was like 50 percent. I used to have anxiety gags prior to her class yuchhh

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've only been through 2 semesters, and I've only had one "bad" prof. He was just so incredibly boring! He was a fascinating man, and full of information that I normally would've loved to learn, but his voice was essentially a monotone and his demeanor just screamed boredom... blah..

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There's a few. The first one is an English teacher. He taught the class, but it was pretty much horible... and he didn't really teach us anything relating to english or writing.. he just talked about random things. It didn't help that I failed the class after going to all the classes...
The next teacher was an English teacher too... she was better as far as teaching english and writting... but she was very boring and seemed to like to let students get away with stuff.. She also graded some things a bit weird.... And she was rude to some students... but she didn't mean to I don't think... because she embarrased herself and changed the subject.
The other teacher I won't take again was a College Algebra Teacher, he was very negative, most of the time he'd tell us all to drop the class, then he was getting surprised later about us all being there. There sometimes he'd tell us stuff and say it all defensively and tell us to drop the class, when no one was even arguing with him. I didn't really like his grading, he never graded homework, our only grades were from tests. I don't like being graded that way. But other's would love to be graded that way. So he just wasn't the right teaching style for me. I did think he was a nice guy though anyways. Had some funny jokes.

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
\
The other teacher I won't take again was a College Algebra Teacher, he was very negative, most of the time he'd tell us all to drop the class, then he was getting surprised later about us all being there. There sometimes he'd tell us stuff and say it all defensively and tell us to drop the class, when no one was even arguing with him. .

How bizzare! :scratch: Never really heard of a prof telling their students to drop their class, lol.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,433.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
i know we all have gone through at least one...

WHICH professor has been your worst so far? no names needed but what class was it for...
WHY were they the worst?? theres gotta be a reason....

mine was for an english class my second semester of my 1st year...i had done great on previous english classes and when i started this one BANG i wanted out...:help:

this prof. never gave me higher than a D on any paper...and on one she refused to grade it becasue it "wasnt worth her time" i was like what?!!
i didnt understand these grades i would take the papers back to the writing center nad they never found anything about a spelling error here and there but nothing so bad as to give me a D and even not grade papers....when i went to the WC they were like whop do you have adn i was like prof.....and they were like ohhhh yea weve heard of her...guess shes done it before....
funny thing was it wasnt me or the way i read or my understaning of the topics becasue i ACED all my exams....
so i switched to psych and i am way way way wayyyyy happier:clap:

i know yall got a story so spill...lol
I once had a history prof who would fail anyone for the course who did not have his or her term paper in his hands on the day it was due. I would say more, but I cannot break CF rules as a mod.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
How bizzare! :scratch: Never really heard of a prof telling their students to drop their class, lol.

Yeah... I think he was doing it to be nice actually. Because he knew that most students would fail his class. :) I did end up dropping it, though, because I needed to concentrate on a few harder classes I was taking at the time.

Upvote 0

kuntrygurl_26

Veteran
Feb 19, 2004
Louisiana
✟1,810.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I went to a smaller college so some of your classes with our professors repeated. As in we had the same professor for more than one class. This professor was 30 years old. brand new. She was horrid! Had terriable mood swings and that that dreaded "I am better than you" attitude. She would lecture over things that werent all that correct as in she would give us the wrong material then when we would correct her bout it she would get all mad and make the test super hard! Acctually Got fired after my class graduated because she slept with one of our classmates.

One time, a girl in my class was having a panic attack and hyperventilating and she just stood there and looked at her! Didn't even call 911. Horriable!

Upvote 0

emilina22

Jun 10, 2007
chicago
Visit site
✟15,538.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
wow...yea new teachers can either be like that or they can be really good casue theyre nervous adn they know that they future at the university is technically in the hands of the students becasue if they cant teach then we would fail as a classs and if we fail as a class tehy fail as a prof...and we all know what comes next...ol

its nice to know im not the only one whose had a tough time with some crazy profs...any more stories?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HolyOne87

Call Me A Sinner, Call Me A Saint..
Jun 2, 2006
✟18,539.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
i think the only teacher I didn't like was my Child Psych teacher. Her teaching style was terrible. She just gave us a piece of paper with her lesson plan and read from that. That's all. She didn't even refer to the book really. Just that paper. Never wrote on the board or anything. And her tests were impossible...wording and all.
I was lucky when I got a C+..others got D's...some actually got A's..im still curious as to how they got that.
Other then her, I had no issues with any other teacher. It seems like the whole Child Study department at my school is loosey goosey with their teaching style because my Child Psych 2 teacher was nearly the same way..but without the notes. He NEVER gave notes or anything. Just told us to read the book and never taught really a thing.
I guess this is why I dropped out of the Elementary Ed program there and went to Human Relations. They teach well in the Psychology and Sociology departments. I've had a few of the teachers already.

Upvote 0

alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm torn between two. One was simply a horrible teacher. (Too horrible to expose to freshman, some of whom were math majors, IMO.) And when I finally went to office hours to ask for help because I was doing so badly on the tests, he laughed in my face. "Oh. I always did horrible on tests too! I hate tests!I'm glad I don't have to take them anymore. Good luck." Yep, that's literally what he said.

The other one that comes to mind was an awesome individual. (In fact, he would probably be in contention for my favorite professor as well.) But he's the only teacher I've ever had that it pains me to think of. Because as awesome as he was, he was militantly athiest. On the first day of class, which was introductory chemistry, he spent the entire hour giving a lecture on the difference between science and "religious mumbo jumbo", to use his terms. I talked outside class with him a bit as well, because he did science demonstrations for disadvantaged middle schoolers, and he made some pretty anti-Christian things in that time too. The problem was that he knew the Bible better than a lot of actual believers...He shot a few good debaters down in the intermittent religious discussions we somehow found ourselves in during class. But the pain in his eyes when he did it...It hurts me just remembering that, two years later.

And then, during finals week, he saw me chatting at the tent my campus fellowship had set up for outreach. His jaw literally dropped. Whether it was "[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth], I have said horrible things to this person" or "[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth], this country is going down the toilet" I will never know. I haven't spoken to him since. I still pray for him.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When I was in undergrad I had a cosmology professor who seemed to get angry very easily at people who didn't understand what he was teaching. The problem is that he wasn't the best at explaining things (then again, how do you really explain cosmology at all?). Now this was a graduate level class, so I often did my homework with the grad students. Once in awhile we'd go into his office, and he'd yell at us for not understanding something.

Definitely scary stuff!

Upvote 0