Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Lion King, I want to thank you for your replies. For they are truth, and of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus has fulfilled everything. It is not about land, but Spirit, it is not about Jerusalem, or a temple. It is about a Savior, who told us we do not worship in a place or in a building, but in Spirit.

what is the promise to Abraham that all believers will recieve....the Messiah, the new Jerusalem. It is not about a physical land, but about a new Jerusalem, a new heaven and earth, this is the promised land.

Modern day Israel has every right to defend themselves if threatened, but not because their land is blessed. The US is not cursed by God if they do not help in defending them, stop adding to scripture, something that is not there, we live under the new covenant, it is not about land or nations, it is about the family of Christ....your a believer or not.

that simple.

You are correct, It's all about the HEAVENLY JERUSALEM! MOUNT ZION!:clap:

By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12 And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. Hebrews 11:8-16

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Either way, God has blessed Israel exceedingly from the beginning, and has promised them the land in which their forefather Abraham is buried. I don't anyone big enough to stand in God's way.
WBS, sorry but I get confused about which Israel you speak of when you say these things. Are you talking about Biblical Israel and the land of Judea,(one that Hadrain dispersed) or are you speaking about 1948 Israel and what some Christians believe in supporting her?

And it seems to me that from 135ce to say 1850ce, the Palestines lived peacefully.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

I will only stand with the current establishment that calls itself "Israel", when they turn back to the LORD! As things stand today, the nation of Israel does not stand with the LORD and so stands under God's curse, there are no unconditional blessings for any nation (Israel included):

I call heaven and earth to record against you this day, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live. Deuteronomy 30:19.

By the way, I really do not think supporting the nation Israel in their foolishness will help change their fate either, you only drag yourselves down with them. It deeply saddens me to see how far Israel has fallen; a nation that once proudly boasted about being the children of El Shaddai.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ” Matthew 23:37-39
I agree with what you say here. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
California
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not liking long bible quotes, Romans 11 - 12 are excerpted. Read the whole starting 11:21, to see that the meaning has not been distorted, but rather the portion applicable to this discussion included:

"...But concerning Israel he says, All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people... ...as it is written: God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so that they could not see and ears so that they could not hear, to this very day.... ...Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious... ...I am talking to you Gentiles... ...if the root is holy, so are the branches... ...Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either... ...And so all Israel will be saved... ...And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

Had Israel accepted Jesus as Christ, gentiles might not be allowed to graft in. I'm grateful for it. The bible clearly says Israel will be saved. Therefore, I stand with Israel.

Unconditional? I can't conceive of Israel committing a transgression bad enough to lose my support. Israel has been measured, fair and generous. Remember, they own the land. It's theirs to dispose of as they see fit.

How many missiles would we tolerate from Mexico? We would bomb Mexico into the stone age for launching a single missile. How much resilience has Israel for not wiping out the so called "Palestinians" after they launched ten-thousand missiles?

Lucky I'm not Israel's boss-in-chief. I'd cut a deal with the U.S. and ship every last Palestinian to northern Iraq or Afghanistan. I wouldn't tolerate a bunch of violent troublemakers in the homeland.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
WBS, sorry but I get confused about which Israel you speak of when you say these things. Are you talking about Biblical Israel and the land of Judea,(one that Hadrain dispersed) or are you speaking about 1948 Israel and what some Christians believe in supporting her?
There is no distinction, as the promises made to Abram/Abraham involve the land of Israel as we know it today, plus a much larger section of the Mideast. The individual Jewish people must acknowledge Christ for salvation, but the center of the world socially and politically during the Thousand Year Reign will be the current and future land of Israel.
And it seems to me that from 135ce to say 1850ce, the Palestines lived peacefully.
As peaceably as thugs, thieves, murderers, slavers and criminals can live, I suppose. That's the genetic and social makeup of Palestine.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

As peaceably as thugs, thieves, murderers, slavers and criminals can live, I suppose. That's the genetic and social makeup of Palestine.
Sounds like a description of USA history.

However, most of our writings seem to be going in the direction of something for General Theology forum, so I'll stop my inquiries of historic Judea/Israel.

Back to Netanyahu, having meetings with Obama and continued speech of Iran's nuclear initiatives it seems Obama has placed the ball in Israel's court. By stating that Israel does not need USA permission to attack Iran, Netanyahu can't place blame on US for Israel's decision's concerning Iran.

As painful as it is for us at the gas pumps, the new sanctions are working. Iran feels it, sorely.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Back to Netanyahu, having meetings with Obama and continued speech of Iran's nuclear initiatives it seems Obama has placed the ball in Israel's court. By stating that Israel does not need USA permission to attack Iran, Netanyahu can't place blame on US for Israel's decision's concerning Iran.
Empty Suit needs to realize there is a moral responsibility involved in Iran's search for a nuclear weapon. You don't let immature children run around with loaded guns. By the same token, you don't let fanatical crazies run around with armed nukes. If the US doesn't do anything, Israel's security is at stake if they don't. Translation: The US won't, so Israel will.
As painful as it is for us at the gas pumps, the new sanctions are working. Iran feels it, sorely.
They may feel it, but they don't care. Look at the conditions of the majority of the Iranian people under Ahmadinejad and Khameini. Unemployment is above 25%, most of the country lives at poverty levels and the only thing they are willing to concentrate on is acquiring a nuclear weapon and making sure no one strays a millimeter from Shar'ia law.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Those Empty Suits in the GOP campaign speak of war, except one, the veteran. Paul speaks for me on that issue. Pakistan has nukes, do you suggest we attack them? C'mon, this issue is about Israel, no other reason. And I wouldn't send our service members to secure or defend Israel. Israel needs to learn to get along with her neighbors, through peace not war.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Those Empty Suits in the GOP campaign speak of war, except one, the veteran. Paul speaks for me on that issue. Pakistan has nukes, do you suggest we attack them? C'mon, this issue is about Israel, no other reason. And I wouldn't send our service members to secure or defend Israel. Israel needs to learn to get along with her neighbors, through peace not war.
I'm sure if Israel's neighbors acted like they want to get along, Israel would be most happy. Remember the peace agreement negotiated between Egypt and Israel by Jimmy "Malaise" Carter? Israel was perfectly happy to enter into that agreement. Unfortunately, Carter didn't follow up and Reagan, Bush and Clinton couldn't get the goals defined in the treaty implemented by Egypt or anyone else. Why do you suppose Sadat was assassinated? It isn't Israel that doesn't want to get along, it is everyone around them, with the possible exception of Jordan and Qatar. Maybe Bahrain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not liking long bible quotes, Romans 11 - 12 are excerpted. Read the whole starting 11:21, to see that the meaning has not been distorted, but rather the portion applicable to this discussion included:

"...But concerning Israel he says, All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people... ...as it is written: God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so that they could not see and ears so that they could not hear, to this very day.... ...Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious... ...I am talking to you Gentiles... ...if the root is holy, so are the branches... ...Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either... ...And so all Israel will be saved... ...And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

Had Israel accepted Jesus as Christ, gentiles might not be allowed to graft in. I'm grateful for it. The bible clearly says Israel will be saved. Therefore, I stand with Israel.

As the Scriptures say, not all Israel is Israel.

It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. Romans 9:6-8

All natural born Israelites are NOT the seed of Abraham. Again, Jesus Christ is the SINGULAR SEED OF ABRAHAM (Galatians 3:16) and it is only those, whether believing Jew or believing Gentile, who have believed and been baptized into Christ Jesus who are similarly counted as truly being "Abraham's seed" (Galatians 3:26-29). Sorry, my friend, but this excludes the vast majority of Jews, due to their own unbelief. As Paul clearly detailed and outlined in Galatians chapter 4 (and elsewhere), Abraham's two sons, Ishmael and Isaac, allegorically describe the two different covenants. Ishmael, who was born of the bondwoman Hagar, typifies the Jew who is seeking justification through an observance of the Old Testament law which was given to Moses at Mt. Sinai which only ""genders to bondage" (Galatians 4:24), as in bondage to sin. Contrariwise, Isaac, who was born of the freewoman Sarah, typifies those of us who are part of "JERUSALEM WHICH IS ABOVE" which is "FREE" and "WHICH IS THE MOTHER OF US ALL"

You are correct though, all Israel will indeed be saved but just not the way you foresee it.

Unconditional? I can't conceive of Israel committing a transgression bad enough to lose my support. Israel has been measured, fair and generous. Remember, they own the land. It's theirs to dispose of as they see fit.

How many missiles would we tolerate from Mexico? We would bomb Mexico into the stone age for launching a single missile. How much resilience has Israel for not wiping out the so called "Palestinians" after they launched ten-thousand missiles?

Lucky I'm not Israel's boss-in-chief. I'd cut a deal with the U.S. and ship every last Palestinian to northern Iraq or Afghanistan. I wouldn't tolerate a bunch of violent troublemakers in the homeland.

What deeply saddens me though is that, not too long ago the Israelites suffered great persecution in foreign lands, which was only alleviated after the LORD took mercy on them, and returned them to their promised land. But how does Israel repay the LORD?

They continue in rebellion against their Maker, and oppress the people of Palestine (as they were at the hands of Hitler etc), but this will not go unnoticed as the Scriptures say:

But the stranger that dwells with you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:34

“Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.” Matthew 18:32-35

Why can't Israel live in peace and share their lands with foreigners? Should they repay back all the wrongs Palestine has done to them with violence? An eye for an eye will not solve anything, but will only lead to more hate.

I assure you that the LORD hears every tear that falls from every child and innocent person in Gaza tonight, and He will repay each and everyone according to what they have done!! That I promise!

gaza_child_crying_250_250.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
California
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says "And so all Israel will be saved," not just the portion good enough to meet Lion King's standards. <staff edit>

Nice photo of a crying child. How rare to find a child crying? If only their children never cried, like our children never cry? Wait. You say all children cry? It's what children do?

I still think those Palestinian children would cry less in Northern Iraq. North of the Euphrates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
all of Israel means the Jews who had faith in the coming Messiah, those of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. THOSE WHO HAD FAITH.

And then the elect of Israel after the final sacrifice of the Messiah, who have faith in Christ.

Israel is not saved because they are Israel! That is like slapping Christ in the face, insinuating Israel does not need the final sacrifice of Jesus the Christ.

The two covenant theology is just so wrong.:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Respecthelect said:
It's also possible that when Jesus shows up at the end, Jews will see their error and accept Jesus as Christ. God may decide to accept all of Israel at that point. He may or may not accept others, but the Bible seems clear that he will accept all Israelites.

So they don't have to accept Jesus Christ, the way truth and life? Lucky them, I wish I was an Israelite so I could sin unrepentantly and not bother with accepting god since I'm guaranteed heaven anyways.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The two covenant theology is just so wrong.:doh:
No it's not. It is obvious in Revelation that Israel receives the promises made to Abraham. Of course Christ is the only way the individual will be saved, but Israel the nation (again, a faithful nation, the remnant) still has special status as God's chosen people, those through whom He gave revelation of Himself and through whom Christ came forth. God is not a man that He should lie. He has not reneged on His promises and He won't do so, ever.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No it's not. It is obvious in Revelation that Israel receives the promises made to Abraham. Of course Christ is the only way the individual will be saved, but Israel the nation (again, a faithful nation, the remnant) still has special status as God's chosen people, those through whom He gave revelation of Himself and through whom Christ came forth. God is not a man that He should lie. He has not reneged on His promises and He won't do so, ever.

There is only one Covenant, and that is the Covenant the LORD made with us (both the Jew and the Gentile) in Jesus Christ. The promises made to Abraham were made to ALL those who believe in Jesus Christ, and not the physical descendants of Abraham.

The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ. What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. Galatians 3:16-19

Abraham's singular seed is Jesus Christ. Consequently, all who truly trust in Him, whether believing Jew or believing Gentile, are also accounted as being Abraham's seed (Galatians 3:29).

God's covenant was confirmed before of GOD in CHRIST. The law, which came 430 years after, cannot disannul such a Covenant. God's covenant always was, presently is, and always will be with JESUS CHRIST and those who truly belong to Him, whether believing Gentile or believing Jew. The Israelites are God's chosen people just as the Gentiles are, and only those in Israel who believe in Jesus Christ will be saved. There are no exceptions! Thus the reason the Scriptures say only a remnant of Israel will be found worthy before the LORD.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's also possible that when Jesus shows up at the end, Jews will see their error and accept Jesus as Christ. God may decide to accept all of Israel at that point. He may or may not accept others, but the Bible seems clear that he will accept all Israelites.

The Scriptures clearly state a remnant of Israel will be saved...those that believe in Jesus Christ.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. Isaiah 11:11

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Revelation 12:17

Upvote 0

John Stefanyszyn

Feb 28, 2011
✟670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mr. Lion King,

Spoken true words....amen.

...Those that have loved and do love and serve the One True Creator Father and our fellow man by living our lives through the One True Way of Life, shown to us in Jesus Christ ...Son of the Father and the beginning of the true creation in Our Father.

I hope that you will continue to stand without compromise in this time of pressure to embrace man's righteous believe in his self rights....because the time is coming when your confession and mine will be hated, considered anti-freedom of rights, and criminalized...because we stand and confess the Christ as the One and Only True Way of Life to the One and Only Preeminent Creator Father.

Wish you well

Upvote 0