inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says that those who believe in Jesus become born again, a new creation in Christ. The Bible also says that those who're still on the earth are in a spiritual sense, being in Christ, seated with Him in heavenly places.

With those truths in mind the scripture in Lk.13:24 says to strive to enter the kingdom.. is not talking about being approved to enter heaven. It's talking about being mature in having made inactive the lusts of the flesh, and the unrighteous attitude of the mind.

To walk through the narrow gate it will require to get the heavy burdens of life off your back.. that is a benefit to one who is weary.
While the wide gate doesn't trim your heavy load.. that is not a benefit to one who's weary.

The wide gate and the narrow gate are metaphor terms that both have to do with this life on the earth. Even as all the people that Jesus first spoke those words to.

Jesus also said in Mat.11:28-30 "Come to Me all of you who are wearied and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls for My yoke is easy, My burden is light."

His training is the only thing that we are to 'burden' ourselves with.
For myself.. I don't like the idea of the game making me the demon that rams cars that presumably have people in them. Especially when a family member recently got killed by a driver that ran a stop light at an intersection.

But what you're playing is just a game that has demons in it and the goal is to see how many cars you can eliminate. For some people, pretend and reality just don't connect.
yh well the games im talking about are games like racing and legends of zelda here the boss is a deon but its just that one guy but i heard it gives demons power or it invites them in but i dont know

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stop striving to enter heaven. Enter heaven by accepting Jesus' life, death, and resurrection as your ticket and pathway into heaven. The Christian faith is the only one that says on the basis of the Bible that it's all by grace (God's free acceptance), not our efforts that we gain access to heaven.

I enjoy watching sports on TV; you enjoy playing video games. My enjoyment was a selfish pleasure (idol) long time until I preached a message on 1 Corinthians 10:31. God asked me through that verse, Do you do TV and sports for my honor? I had to admit that I didn't. My two choices were to throw it all out or to glorify God with it. I chose the second one and enjoyed God in his creation of the amazing human body in sports. Also, that hobby enabled me to talk to unbelievers who were also sports enthusiasts and witness to them about God's change in my life.

I'm not sure how you can find God's spiritual change, but he's ready to help you through prayer.
so if i lay games killing demons i wont go to hell

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1 if many strive to enter heaven and dont make it what chance do i have
You've answered your own question. If you "don't make it," then you haven't made it...and that won't change.

2 and aslo i play games on xbox but none feels wrong like if it has demons killing cars it doesnt feel wrong
Unless the theme of the game somehow tempts you to commit a sin of act or thought--and you then DO it--there is nothing to worry about. For most people, such games are not a problem.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

2 and aslo i play games on xbox but none feels wrong like if it has demons killing cars it doesnt feel wrong
You will never enter heaven by your own efforts. God is perfect in every possible way, so pure and holy that He could not come to the earth as Himself. If He did, nothing would survive. That's one of the reasons He put on the form of Man, Jesus. Nothing even remotely impure can get into heaven. Not one person is good enough. Nothing we can do will qualify us.
God created the human race so that He could have a family of people that are made in His image. We chose not to be a part of that family. We wanted independence instead. God's will is that we should be in heaven with him. The question is, how is it possible? We can't do it on our own. There is only one way. God made it possible through the death and resurrection of Christ. Jesus died to take the punishment that is due to us. Then He rose again to give us new life. The question becomes, how will we respond to God's love? It is not as easy as going to church and being better behaved. We need to realise that our old way of life is unacceptable to God. We are unacceptable to God. Then we need to accept God's remedy for our problem. If we do not, we remain separated from God and we remain shut out from heaven. The Bible puts it this way,

"......when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in blazing fire. He will inflict vengeance on those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and the glory of His might.....

That's what awaits those who refuse to accept God's offer of eternal life.

For a more comprehensive explanation, please read this article:

The Way - Christian Life Frankston

"none feels wrong".... at present, you do not know what God thinks of your xbox games. I play a computer game. There is nothing wrong with that. But some games are really bad and offensive to God. Just changing one part of your behaviour is not going to fix your real problem. You need a complete change of heart attitude. God will help you if you ask Him.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i would say sorry but not feel a thing nd i should feel bad
Do you not feel guilt or remorse or do you not allow yourself to feel guilt or remorse?

What might you feel when someone accidentally breaks your xbox?
What would you feel if they intentionally broke the xbox?

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

You are accepted by God through faith in Christ, not by your efforts. Your "striving" is your endurance in this salvation that you stand by faith.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You will never enter heaven by your own efforts. God is perfect in every possible way, so pure and holy that He could not come to the earth as Himself. If He did, nothing would survive. That's one of the reasons He put on the form of Man, Jesus. Nothing even remotely impure can get into heaven. Not one person is good enough. Nothing we can do will qualify us.
God created the human race so that He could have a family of people that are made in His image. We chose not to be a part of that family. We wanted independence instead. God's will is that we should be in heaven with him. The question is, how is it possible? We can't do it on our own. There is only one way. God made it possible through the death and resurrection of Christ. Jesus died to take the punishment that is due to us. Then He rose again to give us new life. The question becomes, how will we respond to God's love? It is not as easy as going to church and being better behaved. We need to realise that our old way of life is unacceptable to God. We are unacceptable to God. Then we need to accept God's remedy for our problem. If we do not, we remain separated from God and we remain shut out from heaven. The Bible puts it this way,

"......when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in blazing fire. He will inflict vengeance on those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and the glory of His might.....

That's what awaits those who refuse to accept God's offer of eternal life.

For a more comprehensive explanation, please read this article:

The Way - Christian Life Frankston

"none feels wrong".... at present, you do not know what God thinks of your xbox games. I play a computer game. There is nothing wrong with that. But some games are really bad and offensive to God. Just changing one part of your behaviour is not going to fix your real problem. You need a complete change of heart attitude. God will help you if you ask Him.
but if i cant feel guilt and bad for sin am i doomed and also i ask for forgiveness and repent if i sin and im trying not to sin and itrying not to sin and i dont know how to tell if a game offends god

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are accepted by God through faith in Christ, not by your efforts. Your "striving" is your endurance in this salvation that you stand by faith.
really yh i love him jesus is beautful the holy spirits beautiful an the fathers beautiful

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with this legacy group "Daniel Amos:

Abidin'
Daniel Amos
No bribin', no conivin', no strivin' will do
They'll never make no change in you
You can hold your breath, stand on your head
Still the changes won't come, till the Spirit led
Abidin', that's when the changes come
Abide in Jesus, He's the best at gettin' it done

Now, a Christian brother who's name was Ben
Had a real bad problem, seemed without end
His impatience, at times, got the better of him
So he tried many methods like countin' to ten
Still, the harder he tried, the harder it got
Till his face would go red, and he cuss a lot
He'd confess his sin and forgiveness came
But then Ben would go out and do it again
What the ol' boy needed was delivery
And only God's Spirit could set him free
Ben began to abide like a branch to the Vine
Now deliverance is his every time

Now, sister Sue had a problem, too
Though not like Ben, she kept her cool
But when it came to gossip, man, that gal could rap!
She found it hard to say something kind
Wound up hurtin' someone every time
With a juicy story, she just couldn't shut her trap
But Sue found the secret of takin' God's rest
And instead of makin' promises and doin' her best
She lets the Lord take that tongue control
Now, instead of sowin' distrust and discord
She's so busy talkin' about the Lord
That she ain't got time to talk about so and so

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yh well the games im talking about are games like racing and legends of zelda here the boss is a deon but its just that one guy but i heard it gives demons power or it invites them in but i dont know
The only racing games I know about is Mario Kart that we bought for our kid when he was young.

I've heard that demons don't have any more power than what someone gives them.

The legends of Zelda are games about a hero fighting against evil. There's nothing wrong with that.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
to be nice
Why be nice if no remorse or guilt is felt?

Where did you get the idea it is nice to say sorry if no guilt or remorse is felt?

Do you not feel guilt or remorse or do you not allow yourself to feel guilt or remorse?

What might you feel when someone accidentally breaks your xbox?
What would you feel if they intentionally broke the xbox?

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only racing games I know about is Mario Kart that we bought for our kid when he was young.

I've heard that demons don't have any more power than what someone gives them.

The legends of Zelda are games about a hero fighting against evil. There's nothing wrong with that.
i lay need for speed a car rcing game zelda has a demon boss at the end but i heard it invites them in but i dunno and i play call of duty

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what are you trying to say that im unforgivable unloving what
I'm not trying to say anything. I am asking you questions that pertain to this op based on what I read posted so that I can better understand where you're at.

As far as I can see so far there is nothing evident by which you might be deemed unlovable nor any of your actions unforgiveable and I believe I have communicated that many times in straight-forward manner in several of your recent ops.

I'm simply asking questions so as to better understand.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not trying to say anything. I am asking you questions that pertain to this op based on what I read posted so that I can better understand where you're at.

As far as I can see so far there is nothing evident by which you might be deemed unlovable nor any of your actions unforgiveable and I believe I have communicated that many times in straight-forward manner in several of your recent ops.

I'm simply asking questions so as to better understand.
ah sorry for misunderstanding i dont know i just rndomly say sorry if i annoy or do something wrong to my mum but ido regret actions i do but dont feel bad for it

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
but if i cant feel guilt and bad for sin am i doomed and also i ask for forgiveness and repent if i sin and im trying not to sin and itrying not to sin and i dont know how to tell if a game offends god
Do you think God does not understand your situation? He knows exactly what makes you tick. The only person who cannot be saved is the one who chooses to reject God's salvation. You do not have to feel bad for sin. You need to realise that you are a sinner and agree with God's judgement. Then you need to accept God's remedy. It's not that hard. Jesus set a man free who had 5,000 demons. The man fell at Jesus' feet. Jesus saw that the man was asking for help, even without a word. You at least can talk and think.

Do not try to save yourself. Trying to quit sinning first is pointless. You need to be born again, then you will have a conscience that works and the power to turn away from sin. No one ever got saved by trusting in a feeling. When I got saved, I knew that I was a sinner. To be honest, I did not feel sorry for my sin. I was scared to death because I knew that I was shut out from heaven. I was sorry for the consequences of sin, not for sin itself. That changes as we grow in Christ. But you have to be born again first.

Upvote 0