need major help 2 questions

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i have faith when the ocd puts doubt in my head i counter it by saying for god so oved the world he gave his only begotten son and i say in my head constanty jesus is lord and jesus is king i belong to jesus and it goes away after a little bit

I guess my point was it isn't OCD tht generates your doubt...but rather demonic spirits. I suppose quoting John 3:16 can be part of the armor. Quoting John can be ....Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth,....

Did you read Eph 6?

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense... your salvation is not based on your ability to understand deep things. If that was what was required, many good people wouldn't make it and that stands against God's character as well. He sent His son to save not condemn. If you truly turn your heart to God, the rest is on Him.

As for understanding... if you are not a good reader, get an audio version and listen to 20 minutes a day. Even that is better than nothing. :)
its about reading or listening its just its hard to understand it and hearing many wil call on the lord and many wil strive and not make i feel like iv got zero chance to make it to heaven and will i go to hell for the games i play

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
its about reading or listening its just its hard to understand it and hearing many wil call on the lord and many wil strive and not make i feel like iv got zero chance to make it to heaven and will i go to hell for the games i play
Oh no, don't worry about that! Jesus, the very beloved Son of God came to save sinners like you and me! He came for you. It's people just like you and me He came for!

29 Later, Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor. Many of Levi’s fellow tax collectors and other guests also ate with them. 30 But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus’ disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with such scum?”

31 Jesus answered them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. 32 I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.”

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes
I guess my point was it isn't OCD tht generates your doubt...but rather demonic spirits. I suppose quoting John 3:16 can be part of the armor. Quoting John can be ....Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth,....

Did you read Eph 6?

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh no, don't worry about that! Jesus, the very beloved Son of God came to save sinners like you and me! He came for you. It's people just like you and me He came for!

29 Later, Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor. Many of Levi’s fellow tax collectors and other guests also ate with them. 30 But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus’ disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with such scum?”

31 Jesus answered them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. 32 I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.”
so even tho i play games that kill demon it ont condemn me

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my
I doubt very much your OCD gives you doubt.

I think the better answer is the following...

Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Keep reading....verse 13 and onward....of the armor mention, which one are you not putting on?
I'm thinking verse 16 might be it.
my ocd taken away my feeling of being sincere for anything but i still ask for forgiveness and repent

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i still have no remorse or guilt feeling and still get intrusive thoughts
No remorse or guilt feelings about xbox gaming? What makes you think you should feel guilty or remorseful for playing xbox games that have demon characters?

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No remorse or guilt feelings about xbox gaming? What makes you think you should feel guilty or remorseful for playing xbox games that have demon characters?
i heard if god doesnt want us to it he will give us a feeling to show that he doesnt want u to play it but i dont feel it and also i heard gaming sends christians to hell which i dont think so.
and i dont feel romorse when i sin or if i do anything bad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so even tho i play games that kill demon it ont condemn me

I don't know what game or how it is, and perhaps it would not even matter, and would be sorted out later anyway -- everyone has sins, and all have fallen short. (If they aren't sinning in one way, they are sinning in some other way.) It's the same for all of us -- all are sinners and need His forgiveness.

He came to save those that who would believe in Him, turn to Him. -- 16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him."

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, since you won't read it or listen to it... there is nothing in the bible that supports your feelings. Your walk into the Kingdom starts with your heart and it being aimed at God... get to that point, He will take it from there.
Blessings.
Ken

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i heard if god doesnt want us to it he will give us a feeling to show that he doesnt want u to play it but i dont feel it and also i heard gaming sends christians to hell which i dont think so.
Where did you hear that?

At least two posters here have said not to rely on feelings. What do you make of that counsel?
and i dont feel romorse when i sin or if i do anything bad
Let me make sure I understand that correctly. Am I to understand you never feel remorseful or regretful when doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, since you won't read it or listen to it... there is nothing in the bible that supports your feelings. Your walk into the Kingdom starts with your heart and it being aimed at God... get to that point, He will take it from there.
Blessings.
Ken
i will listen to it dude but i just understand t i dont feel god and dont heard god and if your a gamer will those games send me to hell

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where did you hear that?

At least two posters here have said not to rely on feelings. What do you make of that counsel?

Let me make sure I understand that correctly. Am I to understand you never feel remorseful or regretful when doing wrong?
i heard it from many others and i felt remorse once and if i think i committed the unforgivable sin i burst into tears

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i will listen to it dude but i just understand t i dont feel god and dont heard god and if your a gamer will those games send me to hell
God promised Isaac a child... Isaac heard God's voice, plain as day, he would have a seed, a child. Do you know when that happened? 20 YEARS later Jason... 20 years! We take an Ibuprofen and if it doesn't work in 20 minutes we are looking for something else. We treat God the same way... like this thing that if we don't feel or hear from all the time must not be real. I have been walking with Him 23 years... I have had moments where I have felt close, I have had months or years where I felt nothing. Neither means much... because it isn't our feelings that determine His reality. Like I said... where is your heart? Do you WANT to be close to Him? Then just turn it that way and don't pressure yourself about the games. Just let God do His thing and if He doesn't want you to play them, He will let you know in His own way.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i heard it from many others and i felt remorse once and if i think i committed the unforgivable sin i burst into tears
So if you accidently broke your mother's favorite vase what would you feel?

What do you think a 20 year old should feel when accidentally breaking his mother's favorite vase?

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 if many strive to enter heaven and dont make it what chance do i have
The Bible says that those who believe in Jesus become born again, a new creation in Christ. The Bible also says that those who're still on the earth are in a spiritual sense, being in Christ, seated with Him in heavenly places.

With those truths in mind the scripture in Lk.13:24 says to strive to enter the kingdom.. is not talking about being approved to enter heaven. It's talking about being mature in having made inactive the lusts of the flesh, and the unrighteous attitude of the mind.

To walk through the narrow gate it will require to get the heavy burdens of life off your back.. that is a benefit to one who is weary.
While the wide gate doesn't trim your heavy load.. that is not a benefit to one who's weary.

The wide gate and the narrow gate are metaphor terms that both have to do with this life on the earth. Even as all the people that Jesus first spoke those words to.

Jesus also said in Mat.11:28-30 "Come to Me all of you who are wearied and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls for My yoke is easy, My burden is light."

His training is the only thing that we are to 'burden' ourselves with.
jasonMalloy1999 said:
2 and aslo i play games on xbox but none feels wrong like if it has demons killing cars it doesnt feel wrong.
For myself.. I don't like the idea of the game making me the demon that rams cars that presumably have people in them. Especially when a family member recently got killed by a driver that ran a stop light at an intersection.

But what you're playing is just a game that has demons in it and the goal is to see how many cars you can eliminate. For some people, pretend and reality just don't connect.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if you accidently broke your mother's favorite vase what would you feel?

What do you think a 20 year old should feel when accidentally breaking his mother's favorite vase?
i would say sorry but not feel a thing nd i should feel bad

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 if many strive to enter heaven and dont make it what chance do i have

2 and aslo i play games on xbox but none feels wrong like if it has demons killing cars it doesnt feel wrong
Stop striving to enter heaven. Enter heaven by accepting Jesus' life, death, and resurrection as your ticket and pathway into heaven. The Christian faith is the only one that says on the basis of the Bible that it's all by grace (God's free acceptance), not our efforts that we gain access to heaven.

I enjoy watching sports on TV; you enjoy playing video games. My enjoyment was a selfish pleasure (idol) long time until I preached a message on 1 Corinthians 10:31. God asked me through that verse, Do you do TV and sports for my honor? I had to admit that I didn't. My two choices were to throw it all out or to glorify God with it. I chose the second one and enjoyed God in his creation of the amazing human body in sports. Also, that hobby enabled me to talk to unbelievers who were also sports enthusiasts and witness to them about God's change in my life.

I'm not sure how you can find God's spiritual change, but he's ready to help you through prayer.

Upvote 0