Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Not every one needs or wants specifics. Not every one is capable of communicating at the same level so expecting that from everyone is unreasonable. Not all situations call for detail.

Also vague compliments can be a person's way of putting their foot in the door for more conversation, which could lead to the specifics later, when it is known that it is welcome and the feelings are mutual.

If its a new acquaintance, being too specific can feel creepy. I've found myself thinking things like, "how long has this guy been watching me?" and "he's thought way more about this/me than is reasonable."

Now, if you go deeper into getting to know each other, specifics should come up. However, in the first few conversations, too much detail can feel too personal. For me anyway.

Upvote 0

Shane McKenzie

Mar 26, 2020
Perth
✟8,423.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do you think a man means when he says that something is fascinating about you? (I should tell you that I've only spoken to this man online).

It means he's either got love goggles on and perceives you as more interesting than you really are (no offense), or else he's saying words to try and get somewhere down the road of getting freaky wit u. Smooth talking. Either way, he probably isn't honestly that fascinated about the thing he says he's fascinated about. Ask him and see lol. Enjoy it for what it is, it's likely just his infatuation speaking. When he's in that state, he simply gets high off of talking to / being around you. As in, he may have no particular interest in whatever it is you're doing, but as you're the one who's doing it, that's good enough for him. It wears off eventually. Pretty much every woman I've fell for, I've been through the same thing, then when I moved on I couldn't give any less of a beep. Just hormones. Most women have been smart enough to notice that I'm just high on lust in that state and have politely blown me off. Don't blame them.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I was actually thinking about how there are a lot of predators online and they know exactly how to reel you in. Especially if they pick up that you're kinda naive. It would have been better to me if he had said I like the way you explain things for example when we talked about xyz. To me that seems more sincere because the person isn't trying to be mysterious and it's a compliment as well. For a man to say "something is fascinating about you" without telling you what that something is feels like a game to me. I'm sure this just has to do with my life experiences. To me it's a "hook". So yes I do take the position to guard your heart because you don't know who somebody is online and even if you're talking to a Single. I'm just saying...
Great Advice. I like your doggie too

Upvote 0