Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I was urged in the "Christian Advice" part of the forum, that I should rather post here:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I'm just curious of hearing the opinions of what people might think of a dream I had.

I'm very fascinated by the words in the bible, where it describe Jesus as He is when he met with John on Patmos, and the description of the salvation, the New Jerusalem, the new heaven and the new earth (who don't long for this in our day and time?), where believers will be dressed in white, cleansed by the blood of Christ, and where souls will be given a white stone with a new name that only the saved ones and God will know.

So one part of me are thinking that my dream was just a dream, like any other dream, and that this happened to have some biblical references, because I think a lot of that.

Yet I also have the opinion that some dreams have some clear meaning, and one of the typical things about these dreams is that they are not forgotten.

Anyway, so I'm curious to hear if any of you have any opinion about what (if any) the dream might mean?

In my dream I was welcomed into a fellowship and there was great joy and I felt deeply blessed by God. In some way or another I was told that I had been given a new name, and this name was "Levi Binyamin".

That is the part of the dream that really stuck, the name in itself, but it's just a fog where I was, who I was meeting, what was happening ETC. The clear thing was the name, and this is like a nail hammered into my mind.

It's months ago, I can't remember how long, but I started to think about it again, so I thought I would just ask here. I know that "Levi" is the name of the tribe of those chosen to be priests (?), but I'm unsure if there's any connection between these two names. I named my son Benjamin, and haven't ever thought of taking the same name. I don't know the reason for the spelling though, but after having checked online, it seems that "Binyamin" is closer to how it should be written.

Thanks for any ideas. I'm just curious if there's any message "hidden" in this dream, or a reason why I had it.

Marc Munday

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
✟8,009.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was urged in the "Christian Advice" part of the forum, that I should rather post here:

It is possible God is telling yourself that not you but your begot son will be a priest in the tribe of Levi.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Elfkind
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In Revelation 2:17 it says “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”

So nobody except yourself will know of this name and it will only be known by the receiving of the stone. So you have not received this stone and yet and only you will know this name and not anyone else. So the dream appears to go against Revelation 2:17 in what it says. So I would not trust this dream as one from God because it appears to contradict Scripture.

Upvote 0

Marc Munday

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
✟8,009.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Revelation 2:17 it says “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”

So nobody except yourself will know of this name and it will only be known by the receiving of the stone. So you have not received this stone and yet and only you will know this name and not anyone else. So the dream appears to go against Revelation 2:17 in what it says. So I would not trust this dream as one from God because it appears to contradict Scripture.

Is it possible that white stone is related to proverbs 7:3 "on a tablet of your heart" know one truly knows what's in your heart but God and yourself and they used white stone and other stone as tablets in ancient days

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it possible that white stone is related to proverbs 7:3 "on a tablet of your heart" know one truly knows what's in your heart but God and yourself and they used white stone and other stone as tablets in ancient days

We are already supposed to be born again spiritually by the Spirit. We are to already renew our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. In Revelation 2:17: It is a stone given to those who overcome. To overcome suggests overcoming the dark things in this life and doing what the Lord wants being faithful unto death. So the receiving of the stone would be after we die and or when we reach God's kingdom. But I take it literally that it will be a literal white stone. James 4:8 says to purify your hearts. This would be here in this life. Revelation 2:17 appears to suggest that it happens after a believer who dies who has overcome. So I do not see his dream as being in agreement with Revelation 2:17.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have to remember that the devil is a roaring lion and he seeks to devour.
If I have a dream and it is not in line with what the Bible says, then I must discard it (even if it uses Scripture). The enemy seeks to deceive.

There are lots of folks who claim to have seen Jesus, and Heaven, etc. and this is not in line with what God's Word says.

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Upvote 0

Marc Munday

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
✟8,009.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have to remember that the devil is a roaring lion and he seeks to devour.
If I have a dream and it is not in line with what the Bible says, then I must discard it (even if it uses Scripture). The enemy seeks to deceive.

There are lots of folks who claim to have seen Jesus, and Heaven, etc. and this is not in line with what God's Word says.

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9).

If that is the case would not Paul's and John's visions have to be discarded as Jesus Christ warned about authority from visions?

14Then the Lord said, “These prophets are telling lies in my name. I did not send them or tell them to speak. I did not give them any messages. They prophesy of visions and revelations they have never seen or heard. They speak foolishness made up in their own lying hearts. 15Therefore, this is what the Lord says: I will punish these lying prophets, for they have spoken in my name even though I never sent them. They say that no war or famine will come, but they themselves will die by war and famine! 16As for the people to whom they prophesy—their bodies will be thrown out into the streets of Jerusalem, victims of famine and war.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, so it possibly is not what Revelation is talking about.

So . . . what could it mean?

Levi Binyamin

According to my Hebrew source, the name Levi means > to join, be attached

And Benjamin means > son of right hand

So, if you have joined with Jesus (1 Corinthians 6:17), now you are a child of God being blessed with what comes from God's right hand through Jesus (Romans 8:34).

So, in becoming saved, your name has changed, meaning your place and position in relation to God has changed, so now you are with access . . . joined . . . to Jesus and all He ministers from the right hand of God.

And yes there is great fellowship in this, and in your dream you experienced special fellowship. So, this is not only all about you being blessed, all by yourself, but this is in family sharing with other children of God.

We get blessed, then minister our blessing to one another > 1 Peter 4:9-10. Because with God we have our new name . . . our new authority and power with God to do this good to one another.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If that is the case would not Paul's and John's visions have to be discarded as Jesus Christ warned about authority from visions?

14Then the Lord said, “These prophets are telling lies in my name. I did not send them or tell them to speak. I did not give them any messages. They prophesy of visions and revelations they have never seen or heard. They speak foolishness made up in their own lying hearts. 15Therefore, this is what the Lord says: I will punish these lying prophets, for they have spoken in my name even though I never sent them. They say that no war or famine will come, but they themselves will die by war and famine! 16As for the people to whom they prophesy—their bodies will be thrown out into the streets of Jerusalem, victims of famine and war.

Well, we do not see them being rewarded in Heaven, and we don't see them uplifted in God's Word. Also, they are the exception to the rule because their words were added as Holy Scripture. I have yet to find any account of a person's experience of the afterlife (Bible not included) as not being biblical or in line with God's Word. There is always some kind of contradiction. The same can be said for dreams whereby people claim that God spoke to them new words or words that are contradictory to the Bible. Granted, I am not saying God cannot communicate to us in our dreams, but there should be no contradiction of His Word within the dream.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation 2:17: I think there is a reason why only the faithful believer, and God know the name alone.

It's because we are supposed to uplift Christ and not ourselves.
We are nothing and Christ is everything. The dream should exalt Jesus Christ and uplift Him. If the dream sounds like it is trying to uplift something about you, I would be very weary or skeptical of that dream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People have made money on their claims that they visited Heaven or Hell, etc.;
I again believe this uplifts the person as being extra special when they should be uplifting Jesus and His Word in what it says instead.

Dreams can also be a test of where we are placing our trust, too.
Are we placing our trust in a dream or God's Holy Word?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
post #8 seems to be going in the right direction.

"And the nations shall see your righteousness and vindication [your rightness and justice—not your own, but His ascribed to you], and all kings shall behold your salvation and glory; and you shall be called by a new name which the mouth of the Lord shall name." Isa 62:2

Abraham, Sarah, Peter and others were given new names .

Everything God does has a purpose. There's about 20 dreams in Scripture - an interesting study.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" Acts

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Blessings in Christ Jesus. A new creation(Born from above), needs a new name as the old has passed away and all things become new. I have one and it is written on a white stone. My new name is related to the calling He has called me to do as one in Him. The name you received is a name of the royal priesthood. You should rejoice in knowing you name is written in The Lamb's book of life.

Upvote 0