Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟859,053.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone here have a link to anything, where someone prominent within BLM states the truth, that BLM has nothing to do with Marxism? I know something has to exist online, but I can't find anything. I suppose because it's sort of harder to use a search engine to find a negative assertion, you know?

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone here have a link to anything, where someone prominent within BLM states the truth, that BLM has nothing to do with Marxism? I know something has to exist online, but I can't find anything. I suppose because it's sort of harder to use a search engine to find a negative assertion, you know?

So you want someone to prove a negative for you?

(I also looked through the terms of service for my iTunes account and I can't find where they say they have "nothing to do with Marxism" and I also did a quick search on the Bible and couldn't find where it says it has "nothing to do with Marxism". The list goes on and on and on and on.)

The more intellectually robust thing to ask yourself is: where does BLM state they DO have something to do with Marxism? (and finding a video where a founder says she is a marxist isn't the same thing.)

Please, I'm begging you, let this canard go. It is so silly.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟859,053.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

(I also looked through the terms of service for my iTunes account and I can't find where they say they have "nothing to do with Marxism" and I also did a quick search on the Bible and couldn't find where it says it has "nothing to do with Marxism". The list goes on and on and on and on.)

The more intellectually robust thing to ask yourself is: where does BLM state they DO have something to do with Marxism? (and finding a video where a founder says she is a marxist isn't the same thing.)

See, the thing is, if I were a member of, say, a bowling league, concerned just with bowling, and a whole lot of educated people who understand Marxism were going around saying my bowling league is Marxist, I would want to speak up and deny it, because bowling is good, and opposing police brutality is good, whereas Marxism represents a hellish nightmare. I'd recommend the organizer or the head of the league do it, or I'd it myself. So I know something has to be out there, I'm just having trouble finding it.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,095,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"We are trained organizers, we are trained Marxists."

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,095,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Cullers says that they, BLM, do have an ideology....see in the video post 5.

I doubt that many people, including blacks involved in the movement, understand this.

• Agree
Reactions: Silmarien
Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

This might not be well known to people who don't have a specific interest in liberation theology and the intersection between Christianity and Marxism, but I think it is useful to keep in mind that pretty major Catholic figures like Dorothy Day and Jacques Maritain actually collaborated with Saul Alinsky, of all people. Because they were all interested in community building.

Look, I do get concerns over Marxism. I am effectively leaving the left because I can no longer overlook the toxic ideology, but I think it's still best to work with people to the degree that it's possible. Racial justice is still important--Black Lives Matter may be Marxist, but that doesn't mean they're always wrong. I think we can listen to them, incorporate whatever they say that seems to be true, and ignore or actively oppose the rest.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟240,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

How about when one of the founders is asked whether BLM has an ideological foundation and she responds by saying that 2/3 of the founders are trained Marxists? If you can ignore that you can ignore anything. :rolleyes:

images

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟859,053.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Look, I do get concerns over Marxism. I am effectively leaving the left because I can no longer overlook the toxic ideology, but I think it's still best to work with people to the degree that it's possible. Racial justice is still important--Black Lives Matter may be Marxist, but that doesn't mean they're always wrong. I think we can listen to them, incorporate whatever they say that seems to be true, and ignore or actively oppose the rest.
I'm sorry but I can't agree. To me this smacks of saying "Hitler wasn't wrong about everything. After all, the German people were victims of the Treaty of Versailles". And anyway, the only people who suffer "racial injustice" in America today are Europeans and Asians.

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry but I can't agree. To me this smacks of saying "Hitler wasn't wrong about everything. After all, the German people were victims of the Treaty of Versailles". And anyway, the only people who suffer "racial injustice" in America today are Europeans and Asians.

Why do you believe that? I mean, if you look at stuff like marijuana convictions, it certainly seems the case that blacks are disproportionately targeted.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟859,053.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why do you believe that? I mean, if you look at stuff like marijuana convictions, it certainly seems the case that blacks are disproportionately targeted.
I hate to sound like I'm quibbling over your language, but I'm not sure what you mean. They could conceivably be targeted for arrests, but not targeted for convictions. It's an important distinction.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟320,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Go to the BLM website and read their mission statement.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟260,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
That's like the opposite of helpful.

Why? I learned the KKK was a Christian group by going to their website. You can learn a lot from a group by the literature they put out.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟859,053.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why? I learned the KKK was a Christian group by going to their website. You can learn a lot from a group by the literature they put out.
Anybody can just read the OP. The important part is understanding the OP.

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
See, the thing is, if I were a member of, say, a bowling league, concerned just with bowling, and a whole lot of educated people who understand Marxism were going around saying my bowling league is Marxist, I would want to speak up and deny it, because bowling is good, and opposing police brutality is good, whereas Marxism represents a hellish nightmare. I'd recommend the organizer or the head of the league do it, or I'd it myself. So I know something has to be out there, I'm just having trouble finding it.

GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT! That's the new American way!

They are MARXISTS until someone tells Chesteron OTHERWISE because someone somewhere who is associated with BLM said something about Marxism.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How about when one of the founders is asked whether BLM has an ideological foundation and she responds by saying that 2/3 of the founders are trained Marxists? If you can ignore that you can ignore anything. :rolleyes:

I'm an existential nihilist. Do you think I can put together the slides I'm supposed to present to management next week?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

images
They probably are. Do you ignore Hindus when the say that 2 + 2 = 4?

What if a Muslim says that the first U.S. President was George Wasthington?

The point is when someone is correct one need bring up areas where one disagrees with them.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT! That's the new American way!

They are MARXISTS until someone tells Chesteron OTHERWISE because someone somewhere who is associated with BLM said something about Marxism.

The woman is not just associated with, she is one of the FOUNDERS OF.

When a Marxist declares their Ideology what is it, that makes you not believe them? :scratch:

Upvote 0