Need help finding a Left-wing liberal church !

Dryotriorchis

Oct 30, 2004
South Coast
Visit site
✟7,703.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone, I’m really new to this forum, and well asking for help about this sort of thing in general. I have been a non-denominational Christian on and off now for a while – A little while ago, I decided that I wanted to go to church to be closer to god, I went to one of the local churches in my village, The St. Johns Anglican church – I went here hopping that I could find a place with god, but I came to a barrier almost at once – for you see, I am very left-wing minded person, very liberal, and the church was a more mainstream centre-right wing church, I had troubles accepting the church and left a few months later, I live in rural NSW Australia, and I need help fining a left-wing church. I was wondering, I f anyone had any information about any left wing churches in Australia, or what Churches are Australia, I don’t exactly know a lot about the denominations. Can any one here help me? Thank you.

~Dry

Arikereba

Nov 4, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟805.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
CA-NDP
What about the Uniting Church of Australia? I seem to remember that it comes from some of the same roots as my own United Church of Canada, which is a haven for left-wingers like myself.

I pulled this from their web site:

The Uniting Church's commitment to love of God and neighbour has sometimes drawn it into controversial situations. It has long taken a role in the political arena, encouraging moral, social and ethical integrity. The Uniting Church has been at the forefront of Aboriginal rights issues including the Native Title debate and reconciliation.

It has taken a stand on environmental issues, and supports the equality and dignity of marginalised people such as ethnic minorities, disabled people and homosexual people.

It is a multicultural church, striving to treat people on an equal basis and seeking to give a voice to the poor, outcast and needy.

However, only some of the Uniting Church's discipling is viewed in public. Much of its role is to stand alongside the individual, inside and outside the church. Its congregations nurture spiritual, social and educational growth. Lay people are encouraged in leadership roles, including preaching the Word and leading congregational worship.

Sound good?
Good luck to you. God bless.

Upvote 0

Col

Good looking and modest
Nov 16, 2003
Canberra
✟8,433.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Arikereba said:
What about the Uniting Church of Australia? I seem to remember that it comes from some of the same roots as my own United Church of Canada, which is a haven for left-wingers like myself.

I pulled this from their web site:

Sound good?
Good luck to you. God bless.
The Uniting Church of Australia - Falls for Everthing and Stands for Nothing.

I am all for being open minded but honestly, you should not be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

However if you want liberal with a capital 'L' , and an organisation who don't let the Bible get in the way of a good secular sermon, then they are for you.

Bless Ya
Col :) <><

Upvote 0