Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, I feel bad because I have had hard feelings towards a good friend. Should I confess this to my friend? I believe he is unaware.

By 'hard feelings' you mean hurt feelings or something similar.

How significant is this bad feeling? equal to having murdered your mother or to not having said thank you for a birthday card?
How recent did this occur? Would he even remember the incident?

If more than a week ago and it was not a major public slap in the face write it off as one of those things that happen and forget it.

If other people are talking about it, or are aware of it ask him for an apology, other wise forget it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If the feelings have not been acted out, I would think the best policy is not to mention it to him. However, if you think you might unconsciously have been cooler than normal towards him because of those feelings, you can make a little special effort to counterbalance them now with some gestures of friendship or support.

Upvote 0

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the feelings have not been acted out, I would think the best policy is not to mention it to him. However, if you think you might unconsciously have been cooler than normal towards him because of those feelings, you can make a little special effort to counterbalance them now with some gestures of friendship or support.

Do you believe I have to bring up my hard feelings? If I was more friendly towards him do you believe that would make up for it?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe I have to bring up my hard feelings? If I was more friendly towards him do you believe that would make up for it?
I will try to be even clearer about both of those matters. First, there is nothing at all to be gained by confessing to him. It can make him disappointed in you or it could make him antagonistic towards you. Who knows? But it is unlikely that it will make him feel better about you IF, as you said, he considers you to be a friend already.

Second, you might show a little extra friendliness if you think there is a possibility that what you have been thinking of him could have been hinted at, unintentionally, by something in your manner or comments, etc. But that is just a suggestion that you might consider. If you are pretty sure that you have not acted out what you hold against him, don't bother.

It is not a matter of making up with him. If you have not shown any coolness towards him, there is nothing to make up for.

Upvote 0