Need a church...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrmc

Mar 7, 2006
✟7,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi. I'm a "baby" christian trying to strengthen my walk with Christ and desperatley seeking a good, spirit-filled church/church family. I am in the Memphis area and currently go to a Charasmatic church but it's just too big. I am searching for a church with a smaller congregation. If someone could :help: me with this I would appreciate it. Also, please pray for me. I sometimes feel like I'm in a spiritual battle. Ever since I turned my life over it seems as if the devil is doing EVERYTHING to make me stumble and I must admit that at times I have fallen right into it. Thanks in advance.

God Bless!

FLA2760

Apr 15, 2006
Spring Hill, Fl
✟15,325.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ctrmc said:
Hi. I'm a "baby" christian trying to strengthen my walk with Christ and desperatley seeking a good, spirit-filled church/church family. I am in the Memphis area and currently go to a Charasmatic church but it's just too big. I am searching for a church with a smaller congregation. If someone could :help: me with this I would appreciate it. Also, please pray for me. I sometimes feel like I'm in a spiritual battle. Ever since I turned my life over it seems as if the devil is doing EVERYTHING to make me stumble and I must admit that at times I have fallen right into it. Thanks in advance.

God Bless!
Hi
Welcome to the faith. I do not live in your area so I can't recomend any particular church. I do recomend that you get a Bible version you can read easily and start in the Gospel of John. When I was a babe in Christ I used the NKJV and the NIV.
I highly recomend "So Great Salvation" by Charles Ryrie
Ask God in prayer to lead you to a Church.
God Bless You.

Upvote 0

knightlight72

Soldier of Christ
Dec 11, 2003
Canada
✟1,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here's the secret to getting involved with church. Go to bible studies/small groups. Join a church activity, like a church baseball team, or a church ladies group. In a large church, there will be many such groups, and even possibly multiple groups of the same theme. (Such as multiple baseball teams from one church.)

Try volunteering for something the church supports. You will build a close group of like minded people.

It will give you the boost you need in developing strong growing friendships. It will result in getting involved quickly.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Also, try buying a newspaper on Saturday. It usually has a listing of church services and often has paragraphs about what the church will be preaching that weekend, various small group activities.

God bless you. When I first started attending church, I just wanted to hide in the back and soak it all up. I commend you for wanting a greater intimacy!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.