Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So, do you have a preference for now a denomination is structured?

Church polity is something that does not really matter that much to me. I'm Baptist, so I am biased towards Congregationalist polity, but I am more concerned about how theology and the character of those leading the denomination.

As long as I agree with the denomination's teachings and doctrines, and it's leaders are godly, then I don't particularly care whether it has a plurality of elders, a chain of bishops, or independent local churches. At least, the polity wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

What about you?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, do you have a preference for now a denomination is structured?

Church polity is something that does not really matter that much to me. I'm Baptist, so I am biased towards Congregationalist polity, but I am more concerned about how theology and the character of those leading the denomination.

As long as I agree with the denomination's teachings and doctrines, and it's leaders are godly, then I don't particularly care whether it has a plurality of elders, a chain of bishops, or independent local churches. At least, the polity wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

What about you?
Go read Revelation 1 in its entirety ..... read the letters to the seven churches ..... they depict compromise of some sort ..... compromising of biblical doctrine is not an option with the Lord (He does not change) .... teachings and doctrines are those in His written word and all the churches at this point in time fall short .... some worse than others. The theologies differ and one should compare all of them to His written word.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,166.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have a concern with congregationalism that there are no outside checks and balances, if the life of that congregation is not healthy. I think having some of the authority/decision making rest outside the local congregation (with appropriate participation; I like synodical governance) helps provide some balance.

Upvote 0