Nebraska Abortionist Vows To Train Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah! Sure. The hypocrite issue is addressed 18 verses prior to the judging issue, and in another chapter no less. Nice try but no prize.

I have always take the verse to mean that you will be held to the standard you hold others to. In other words, let say I go around saying that harming the body is extremely sinful, and that no one should smoke, drink, ect. Yet, I go around eating 3 cheeseburgers with a super sized fries and a liter of coke every meal (and I do not have a medical condition which requires 20,000 calories a day, some people do). I held others to the standard of being healthy and my actions will be held to that standard one day.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
My word! The man wants to train others to perform life saving procedures! Even in the face of his colleagues being murdered. What is the world coming to?

I have the feeling the average abortion doctor does not do 'life saving' treatments all that often. I would rather have people not get pregnant in the first place by way of contraception.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
every single one is done to protect the life/health of the woman.

Quite a big statement to be making. I'll accept that life saving is the main reason for a third trimester, but I will not go as far as accepting every single one is life saving.

Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2008
✟18,742.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
It does the same with rape...

Your point is?

The point is that causing the woman's fetus to miscarry is not seen as a murder, which is what the OP stated.

Rape is also not a murder. We have harsher penalties for it these days, certainly, but we don't consider it to be a murder either.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
The point is that causing the woman's fetus to miscarry is not seen as a murder, which is what the OP stated.

Rape is also not a murder. We have harsher penalties for it these days, certainly, but we don't consider it to be a murder either.

I have actually, due to it being brought up before, looked into the verse in question. I went back to the Hebrew, and tried to find out if it supported pro-life or pro-choice, and honestly, looking at the Hebrew, it was impossible for me to tell one way or the other. I have seen translations go both ways on it.

My own point is this, I don't think OT morality is even a decent standard to base our laws off of. Yeah, we might borrow the do not murder thing, but that is like saying we are like cats because we both eat. I would have probably said the same thing to the OP except it would be more productive for my bookcase to hear it -_-;.

Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have the feeling the average abortion doctor does not do 'life saving' treatments all that often. I would rather have people not get pregnant in the first place by way of contraception.

Quite a big statement to be making. I'll accept that life saving is the main reason for a third trimester, but I will not go as far as accepting every single one is life saving.

Lawton is right. Ideally, everyone should have access to safe, reliable birth control, and abortions would only be necessary in extreme cases.

Also right about the life saving. Most women aren't going to carry a baby for six to eight months before spontaneously deciding to kill it out of sudden malice. Usually, these abortions are needed because of a medical problem... hers, or the baby's. Plenty of children with serious genetic disorders live short, painful lives... I have heard that many of the non-life-threatened late term abortions are to prevent that. As always, I think it is not only the mother's choice, but the mother's responsibility, to decide if it is right for her to bring a child into the world.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I find it highly ironic and sad that many of the same groups that call an abortionists baby killers are also the same ones that think contraception is wrong and try to prevent teenagers access to it

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,993.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I agree, I would much rather see contraception as a widespread practice. The issue is that for some reason a lot of people seem determined to keep at risk individuals ignorant of prophylactics and there safe and proper use. Apparently they believe that despite all evidence of how human nature works that trying to scare people into submission is the way to go.

Also, if you read the linked article it is talking specifically about training late term abortion doctors. While not all late term abortions are done to save the life of the mother a significant percentage are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I find it highly ironic and sad that many of the same groups that call an abortionists baby killers are also the same ones that think contraception is wrong and try to prevent teenagers access to it

Well, you end up 'murdering' the potential child by not procreating...

Next thing you know, you will required by law to have sex... wait... maybe extreme-pro-life isn't all that bad:sorry:.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, you end up 'murdering' the potential child by not procreating...

Next thing you know, you will required by law to have sex... wait... maybe extreme-pro-life isn't all that bad:sorry:.

If you don't have sex consistently you are always murdering potential children. Sperm only last so long inside the testicles. Eventually the are reabsorbed into the body. every time a lady has a period that's a potential lost child.

I couldn't tell if your were sarcastic or not in your post, but if you where being serious, the reality is that potential babies will be murdered regardless of birth control and contraception.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,993.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If you don't have sex consistently you are always murdering potential children. Sperm only last so long inside the testicles. Eventually the are reabsorbed into the body. every time a lady has a period that's a potential lost child.

I couldn't tell if your were sarcastic or not in your post, but if you where being serious, the reality is that potential babies will be murdered regardless of birth control and contraception.

He was being sarcastic. :wave:

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What is this passage?

22 And if men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart, and yet no harm follow, he shall be surely fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

Exodus 21:22

Ya gotta keep up. (post 22) The thread isn't that long yet ;).

Upvote 0

atomweaver

Nov 3, 2006
"Flat Raccoon", Connecticut
✟10,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

By all means, present evidence to the contrary...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

atomweaver

Nov 3, 2006
"Flat Raccoon", Connecticut
✟10,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Mod Hat On

The sarcasm and goading posts in this short thread are problematic. Either discuss the OP respectfully or I will close the thread. Thanks.

Hi Hentenza,

If that is the Mod's criteria, thread closure seems the obvious choice. How does one avoid sarcasm/goading and discuss respectfully, when the OP itself is sarcastic/goading, and devoid of respect? Just how does one respectfully reply to;

This guy is proud of what he does; a very proud baby killer. He wants to make sure that the mother won't have any regrets for her murder. Hmm, I wonder if the murderers in prison regret what they did?

Not possible. The Respect Well was poisoned from Post #1.

Thanks

Reactions: Gishin
Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Carhart was just on CNN. I will try to get a video. Today, his office is being 'protested' by Pro-Choice people. Tomorrow, the Pro-Life protesters will be at his office.

that's odd...he's getting protested by BOTH sides?

Guess it's time to read up on him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.