Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone here had a NDE (Near Death Experience)? My friend had one:

I had a friend who was in the psych ward at the local hospital, they gave him a dose of lithium and it turned out he was allergic to it, he collapsed on the floor. While the doctors were working on him he claimed to have been flying through a tunnel through thick grey clouds with a bright light ahead in the clouds. He was about half way to the light when a voice spoke and said "Go back, it is not your time." He stopped and reversed and suddenly he was back in his body and woke up.

Another one:

A woman in my church commit suicide (literally, she ODed on muscle relaxers and stopped breathing), they were working on her in the hospital but they couldn't bring her back and they pronounced her dead. While all this was happening she claimed to have gone to heaven and saw Jesus, she won't repeat what He said to her but it scared the liver out of her (because she commit suicide), but He said he was sending her back! Instantly she was back in her body and she jumped up off the gurney! The nurse screamed! She had never seen anyone come back from the dead before!

• Informative
Reactions: JCFantasy23

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of youtube accounts of NDE's, enough to convict that Heaven, and the other place, are undeniably real. Non believers tend to write them off as chemicals or hallucinations or dreams, but at least they serve to encourage the Christian. (Some Christians consider them demonic deceptions.) My wife had one when she was a young teenager, at least she saw her whole life flash in front of her eyes then heard angelic music after she was hit by a car.

The end of the Parable of the Rich man and Lazarus is prophetic in a way, now that we have people being brought back on a fairly regular basis due to medical advancements:

'30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.'

People flat line, go to the other side, come back, proclaim an afterlife, and are still dismissed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone here had a NDE (Near Death Experience)? My friend had one:

I had a friend who was in the psych ward at the local hospital, they gave him a dose of lithium and it turned out he was allergic to it, he collapsed on the floor. While the doctors were working on him he claimed to have been flying through a tunnel through thick grey clouds with a bright light ahead in the clouds. He was about half way to the light when a voice spoke and said "Go back, it is not your time." He stopped and reversed and suddenly he was back in his body and woke up.

Another one:

A woman in my church commit suicide (literally, she ODed on muscle relaxers and stopped breathing), they were working on her in the hospital but they couldn't bring her back and they pronounced her dead. While all this was happening she claimed to have gone to heaven and saw Jesus, she won't repeat what He said to her but it scared the liver out of her (because she commit suicide), but He said he was sending her back! Instantly she was back in her body and she jumped up off the gurney! The nurse screamed! She had never seen anyone come back from the dead before!

#1 Important clue - they gave him a dose of lithium - and the shock the body goes through (including the brain) when having a severe allergic reaction.
(because she commit suicide) attempted suicide.

#2 Important clue - she ODed on muscle relaxers - the brain -It is not a muscle but it behaves as a muscle.
Delirium
Sometimes, a person who is dying may become restless, anxious or confused. This confusion and disorientation is also called delirium.
People with delirium may not know loved ones or friends, what day or time it is, or where they are. Some people may see and speak to things that others can’t see (hallucinations), or start to worry about things

Rigor mortis sets in = 100% dead.

At the time of death, a condition called "primary flaccidity" occurs. Following this, the muscles stiffen in rigor mortis. All muscles in the body are affected. Starting between two and six hours following death, rigor mortis begins with the eyelids, neck, and jaw.

Primary flaccidity during this stage, death is only somatic and it lasts for one to two hours. All the muscles of body begin to relax soon after death.

Drugs Prescription -

Prescription drugs change the chemistry of the brain. The brain is made up of about 100 billion neurons, also known as nerve cells. Neurons communicate with each other by using chemical messengers called neurotransmitters. There are many types of neurotransmitters, and each one carries a specific message. Neurotransmitters deliver their messages by attaching to special places on nerve cells called receptors. Prescription drugs act by mimicking certain neurotransmitters.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
NDE experiences also seem to be both culturally and religiously conditioned. This would indicate to me that this is a highly subjective reaction rather than one that would indicate the objective reality of heaven or hell or Jesus or Krishna or Buddha.

Upvote 0

K9Buck

Feb 3, 2019
central Florida
✟1,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NDE experiences also seem to be both culturally and religiously conditioned. This would indicate to me that this is a highly subjective reaction rather than one that would indicate the objective reality of heaven or hell or Jesus or Krishna or Buddha.

I've looked on YouTube for Muslims claiming to meet Allah or Mohammed. I've not found one. I've seen videos of Jews and Hindus claiming NDE's that matched their theological views.

• Informative
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0