Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Boo hoo, I'm crying, my lip grew whah whah whah. Am I suppose to feel sorry for this evil knucklehead? I regret that he didn't do this to this thug: :flat4:Why not two black eyes also?

We are on the road to Homeland Insecurity if this type of crow manure doesn't stop!!

Navy SEALS Face Assault Charges for Most-Wanted Terrorist
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Boo hoo, I'm crying, my lip grew whah whah whah. Am I suppose to feel sorry for this evil knucklehead? I regret that he didn't do this to this thug: :flat4:Why not two black eyes also?

We are on the road to Homeland Insecurity if this type of crow manure doesn't stop!!

Navy SEALS Face Assault Charges for Most-Wanted Terrorist
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html
Makes one question which side this administration is concerned with.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Makes one question which side this administration is concerned with.

While you are questioning this administration, please give us your thoughts about the last administration, afterall
The Navy charged four SEALs with abuse in 2004 in connection with detainee treatment

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So Bush didn't pardon these guys as a lame duck president? That's quite an oversight.

Obama should risk it now and pardon them.

Abuse in capture? They could have just shot him dead, or taken him down in a hail of bullets crippling him. A bloody lip is nothing.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Abuse in capture? They could have just shot him dead, or taken him down in a hail of bullets crippling him. A bloody lip is nothing.
I agree. If the article is accurate, these accusations are a joke. However, they did refuse a lesser punishment.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Don't plead guilty when you haven't done anything wrong.

;)
Regardless of the severity of the wrong, if they roughed up a captive and it is conisdered a wrong, they may be facing a federal conviction and a scarred record for life. They would have not received such a severe punishment with a Captains Mast. I hope their choice pays off for them, it was their choice.

However, I do not see how any of this applies to the current administration.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Regardless of the severity of the wrong, if they roughed up a captive and it is conisdered a wrong, they may be facing a federal conviction and a scarred record for life. They would have not received such a severe punishment with a Captains Mast. I hope their choice pays off for them, it was their choice.

However, I do not see how any of this applies to the current administration.

It doesn't really, but Obama could put a stop to the whole thing and pardon them. Why Bush didn't step in on their behalf is also confusing.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't really, but Obama could put a stop to the whole thing and pardon them. Why Bush didn't step in on their behalf is also confusing.
You have a point, however Bush was not one to issue pardons, and that is one of the things I admired about him. I say let the process run.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Amazingly, there are always some who will wring their hands over a fat lip, on a guy responsible for execution, immolation, and hanging. We are so thoughtful now, between this and pending NYC trials of the 9/11 conspirators we are just showing the world how awesome we are since the King was enthroned.

Reactions: HerbieHeadley
Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Amazingly, there are always some who will wring their hands over a fat lip, on a guy responsible for execution, immolation, and hanging. We are so thoughtful now, between this and pending NYC trials of the 9/11 conspirators we are just showing the world how awesome we are since the King was enthroned.
So is what happened here OK? Morally speaking, it's fine to attack people we have in custody as long as we think the crime they are accused of is serious enough?

Upvote 0
So is what happened here OK? Morally speaking, it's fine to attack people we have in custody as long as we think the crime they are accused of is serious enough?

War is not playtime, nor is it law enforcement. I'm not saying the Seals should have beaten the guy senseless, but if you can't see how ridiculous, how utterly insane this is, nothing I can say will change that.

Upvote 0