Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Drones would be a legal problem if I could shoot them down.

I was an air artillery officer and my unit shot down so many drones they would fly em for us any more.

bugkiller

It seems to me that if someone sent a drone over my property to spy on me, I should be within my rights to shoot it down, lol. That's probably illegal, im guessing, even if firing a weapon was legal in that location.

Funny, I'm not overly concerned about my internet privacy. I guess because I never considered it to BE private, other than personal correspondence ought not be pried into. And I don't do anything in my backyard that would get me in trouble or embarrass me to have it known. But I have privacy fences, and I don't like the idea of peeping toms.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It seems to me that if someone sent a drone over my property to spy on me, I should be within my rights to shoot it down, lol. That's probably illegal, im guessing, even if firing a weapon was legal in that location.

Funny, I'm not overly concerned about my internet privacy. I guess because I never considered it to BE private, other than personal correspondence ought not be pried into. And I don't do anything in my backyard that would get me in trouble or embarrass me to have it known. But I have privacy fences, and I don't like the idea of peeping toms.
Ah the country life on an acreage. Pretty sweet. I can even hunt on it.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ah the country life on an acreage. Pretty sweet. I can even hunt on it.

bugkiller
Well we had country life on acreage. A farm and we could shoot. Now I live outside a small town but still in a neighborhood. Big yard but not acreage. I have chickens. A neighbor has horses but to me it's not large enough for real livestock. A little privacy but not as much as I'd like.

But I can feed the chickens in my nightgown if I want.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well we had country life on acreage. A farm and we could shoot. Now I live outside a small town but still in a neighborhood. Big yard but not acreage. I have chickens. A neighbor has horses but to me it's not large enough for real livestock. A little privacy but not as much as I'd like.

But I can feed the chickens in my nightgown if I want.
Sounds like it's past time for some hedges. Some grow 3 ft a year. I 3 years you're around 9 ft.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Now that can encompass a lot of methods and ways of gardening.

I read many forums on the subject of gardening.

Last week WNGD was on one of my forums.

I live out in the sticks which gives lots of privacy.

My question is would any one here consider gardening nude or naked? After all Genesis says God created man naked and it was good.

bugkiller

Yeah. That worked for how long? Man is not a very obedient creation, and thus shame entered in. Of course, in these days shame seems to have become a byword.

As to gardening, here in Central Oregon the soil is mostly pumis. Took me 10 years just to get it to the point where I could plant in the ground. Now it is the short growing system, cold nights, etc., that requires one to use a green house. Found a good buy at Walmart, online of course, where you can get one 15'x7'x7' for 114 dollars. Now I have 5, and will use 3 (used 3 last summer, and they worked great. 7' tall tomato plants, 7' corn, 3' tall peppers, etc.) along with a 16x10x7 for corn. My fenced in 30'x70' is now being used for an orchard due to the deer problem. Then I have 4 12'x4' raised beds for garlic, Jerusalem artichokes, onions, etc.

And I plan on this summer being better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I hear you about tough soil conditions. Here in northern mn, I have 135 feet of solid clay.
So when I finally got the soil decent, I still had drainage issues to deal with.

Have you tried digging a ditch about every four feet, two feet deep, 8" wide, the full length of your garden, and then putting 6" drain tiles, or drain pipe, in the ditch?

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This year will be our 4th summer here so still a lot of work to do. I am installing some drainage pipe in one area this spring around what was one end of my 80 foot long high tunnel. The soil has been amended there but doesn't drain. The man that homesteaded this property had one garden 30 x 80 with a 2 foot ditch all the way around, and that is where all of my cooler weather crop go. I will also be adding some more raised beds this year.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
This year will be our 4th summer here so still a lot of work to do. I am installing some drainage pipe in one area this spring around what was one end of my 80 foot long high tunnel. The soil has been amended there but doesn't drain. The man that homesteaded this property had one garden 30 x 80 with a 2 foot ditch all the way around, and that is where all of my cooler weather crop go. I will also be adding some more raised beds this year.

Just another thought, you might have hardpan, not just clay. To fix that see if you can find someone near that would have a plow to get down about 3 feet, and see if that will help.

Upvote 0