natural gardening

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Now that can encompass a lot of methods and ways of gardening.

I read many forums on the subject of gardening.

Last week WNGD was on one of my forums.

I live out in the sticks which gives lots of privacy.

My question is would any one here consider gardening nude or naked? After all Genesis says God created man naked and it was good.

bugkiller

Reactions: Darkhorse

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also live in the sticks (way out) and it wouldn't bother me, except with the mosquitoes and black flies in the summer, a person would be totally covered in big red blotches all over their bodies. A person can wear bug spray, but too much deet isn't good for you either. I have heard that you can cover your skin with a layer of mud,(that would be scary looking) but I think I will stick to wearing clothes.
As far another meaning of natural gardening, we are organic. We use diatomaceous earth, neem oil, hydrogen peroxide, and epsom salts.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Opened this thread thinking it would be about something else.

I wouldn't do it, if for no other reason there would be bugs biting, stickers scratching, what have you. I put on extra clothing for the sake of protection when gardening, normally.

And another reason being, I wouldn't care for my supposed privacy to end up being not as private as I expected.

But even if I had a secured area within a larger complex and the assurance of privacy (which I have had before, at least before the advent of camera-carrying drones) ... I don't mind swimming, sunbathing, enjoying a hot tub that way. But I still wouldn't garden in the nude, because of the exposure to so many skin-damaging things.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,987.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread gave me a chuckle. We live out in the country but have alot of Amish neighbours. Gardening au natural would certainly turn some heads! But hey, if you are that far out and have no close neighbours or peepin' Toms, then by all means... enjoy nature! Just be careful of sunburn and bug bites.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I always thought some (many) insects were a consequence of the fall.

I mean, I hope there are butterflies on the restored earth. I don't see much purpose for cockroaches and termites. :p

Birds and bats can eat seeds and berries then, if lions will eat straw. :)

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,987.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny, I bet the buggy traffic would increase
With all the rubbernecking they do, it's a good thing the horses ARE in control of looking where they're going. It's almost impossible to even just wear a tank top and shorts outside!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This thread gave me a chuckle. We live out in the country but have alot of Amish neighbours. Gardening au natural would certainly turn some heads! But hey, if you are that far out and have no close neighbours or peepin' Toms, then by all means... enjoy nature! Just be careful of sunburn and bug bites.
Ever hear of living privacy screen plants? They say some can be 6 foot in a couple years. They can be hedges or trees.

bugkiller

• Informative
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey, bugkiller, long time no read.
Good to hear ya!
Hopefully the ticks have quit crawling for a while.
Think I got control of them or winter sent them into hiding. Any way they got all but 2 of my dogs. One of my friends lost their dog to ticks. So I don't feel to bad. But darn it they got my smart lab and beautiful Great Anatolian/Pyrenees. Made me a little sick. No I didn't catch something from the ticks. Thank God. I got some chickens in a movable house and run. I did spray some and that also helped. Will cut the grass very short in the spring and spray the worst areas with Permethrin. Will wait till after a couple rains before letting the chickens on it.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Opened this thread thinking it would be about something else.

I wouldn't do it, if for no other reason there would be bugs biting, stickers scratching, what have you. I put on extra clothing for the sake of protection when gardening, normally.

And another reason being, I wouldn't care for my supposed privacy to end up being not as private as I expected.

But even if I had a secured area within a larger complex and the assurance of privacy (which I have had before, at least before the advent of camera-carrying drones) ... I don't mind swimming, sunbathing, enjoying a hot tub that way. But I still wouldn't garden in the nude, because of the exposure to so many skin-damaging things.
Drones would be a legal problem if I could shoot them down.

I was an air artillery officer and my unit shot down so many drones they would fly em for us any more.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I also live in the sticks (way out) and it wouldn't bother me, except with the mosquitoes and black flies in the summer, a person would be totally covered in big red blotches all over their bodies. A person can wear bug spray, but too much deet isn't good for you either. I have heard that you can cover your skin with a layer of mud,(that would be scary looking) but I think I will stick to wearing clothes.
As far another meaning of natural gardening, we are organic. We use diatomaceous earth, neem oil, hydrogen peroxide, and epsom salts.
Eucalyptus is great too and I love the smell. It's also cheap.

bugkiller

Upvote 0