Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is supposedly an actual complain received by a travel agent from a customer:

“They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax.”

I suspect that some who have posted in this thread would file similar complaints.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not necessarily.

You seem to be oblivious to the assumptions, logic leaps and non-sequiturs the guy makes.

In a person who has a foot fetish, an exposed toe or heel can cause an "overwhelming temptation to lust" as well. Is having bare feet not modest?

One assumption the guy makes in Paul's writing (and you have been told this by several people) is that the "modest clothing" refers to sexuality. It is clear from the context that it is about wealth.

That is something unexpected. A bikini being tempting is not.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is something unexpected. A bikini being tempting is not.
Perhaps to you.

And, again, if it became commonplace for women to go topless in public in the US it wouldn't be a big deal.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can you show beyond a reasonable doubt that it means more than just the genitals?

What Christian Modesty Looks Like
When Adam and Eve fell, they made aprons to cover their nakedness. When God confronted them about their sin, He also made clothing for them – tunics to replace their aprons, which indicates that stomachs and backs are not to be on public display, even for guys.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She should only have to do something about it the man can't do anything about it. In this can the man can leave the beach. So I don't see what she is doing as a problem. Now if the man invited some people over for a pool party and was bothered buy her bikini then he should ask her to leave saying her bikini is causing him a temptation and she should thank him for letting her know and she should leave.

Shouldn't she know that clothing causes overwhelming temptation in many people?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Shouldn't she know that clothing causes overwhelming temptation in many people?
If you are tempted and cannot control yourself the fault lies with you not her. Why do you go topless if that could tempt some women?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In what sense? To me a bikini is wrong for a Christian because it draws attention to the private areas and exposes everything else.
So why do Christian men go topless? That also draws attention.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bikinis draw attention to all of the private areas.
Actually a bikini covers everything that legally needs to be covered in places where women are legally prohibited from going topless in public whereas a topless man is exposing his entire chest. You were the one who posted evidence that said that men shouldn't go topless.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This Sunday is National Go Topless Day, an annual event held to support the right of women to go topless in public on gender-equality grounds.

Any reason why Christian women should not participate?

Mankind cannot handle nudity because mankind is sexually depraved.
It's an observed fact, nobody can really justify nudity with some sort of ideology.

If you've ever seen a journalist or whatever record what goes on, you would know that the women aren't even taken seriously- it's men bamboozled by breasts and weirdos pretending to support them for their 'right'.

Feminism is purely manipulative and tries to get men to see something that isn't actually there. Sorry to say it, but it's stupid- focus on your day job :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
HighCherub ... welcome to CF.

Seems to me you haven't spent any time at a nudist resort. You would find things completely different than what you just said in how the men react around breasts.
From my observation on men seeing breasts its not that we are depraved but that we are deprived. If men saw more breasts it would be no big deal.

• Winner
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
HighCherub ... welcome to CF.

Seems to me you haven't spent any time at a nudist resort. You would find things completely different than what you just said in how the men react around breasts.
From my observation on men seeing breasts its not that we are depraved but that we are deprived. If men saw more breasts it would be no big deal.

A contained, cosigned family environment?
Sure

But not the general public- it's one of the great ironies of feminist notions; their qualms about rape but then walking around with their breasts out_ Is it really that important to do away with a bra?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mankind cannot handle nudity because mankind is sexually depraved.
It's an observed fact, nobody can really justify nudity with some sort of ideology.

If you've ever seen a journalist or whatever record what goes on, you would know that the women aren't even taken seriously- it's men bamboozled by breasts and weirdos pretending to support them for their 'right'.

Feminism is purely manipulative and tries to get men to see something that isn't actually there. Sorry to say it, but it's stupid- focus on your day job :)

First of all, we can be polite here. I haven't called what anyone has said in this thread "stupid". I think you can extend that same courtesy to me.

Second, have you been on beaches in Spain, France, Greece or Italy? Going topless is normal. The locals don't pay much attention because they are used to it. If it became commonplace in America that same attitude would prevail.

I earlier gave the example of a woman in West Virginia who was cited for going topless even though her topless boyfriend was not cited. She received a large fine even though it was illegal for her to go topless, some cop just didn't like it. Do you honestly think that is right?

• Agree
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Is it really that important to do away with a bra?

Nope not important ... we are just arguing that the law should be the same for men and women in public.

By the way, I'll get to go to a nudist resort this weekend ... :)

Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, we can be polite here. I haven't called what anyone has said in this thread "stupid". I think you can extend that same courtesy to me.

I didn't call you stupid, I called the notion stupid- we're all guilty of reckoning stupid things, and this is one of those things that a lot of intelligent people have been sucked into.

Second, have you been on beaches in Spain, France, Greece or Italy? Going topless is normal. The locals don't pay much attention because they are used to it. If it became commonplace in America that same attitude would prevail.

There's not many of them. The most notable thing about them is that their countries don't have conservative laws like America to keep them from popping up wherever they please.

Upvote 0