Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't call you stupid, I called the notion stupid- we're all guilty of reckoning stupid things, and this is one of those things that a lot of intelligent people have been sucked into.

Please reread what I wrote. I never said that you called me stupid. I specifically said that I had not called what anyone else has said in the thread "stupid" and asked that you extend that same courtesy to me. We can be polite here. Saying that what someone says is stupid is hardly polite conversation.

There's not many of them. The most notable thing about them is that their countries don't have conservative laws like America to keep them from popping up wherever they please.

Actually there are many countries where it is common for women to go topless. And if you read the example I provided, the young topless Woman who was just cited in WV wasn't breaking any laws.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually there are many countries where it is common for women to go topless. And if you read the example I provided, the young topless Woman who was just cited in WV wasn't breaking any laws.

There's a small handful of States that allows open breasts, New York is one of them.

What you're not getting is that men are sexually enticed by breasts- you can call it whatever you want but nothing you say or do is going to take away the fact that all those women are doing is showing themselves off and potentially being taken advantage of.

They are protesting men, you see- and that is what men see. So why pretend like it's something different :scratch:

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There's a small handful of States that allows open breasts, New York is one of them.

Open breasts? What is that?

What you're not getting is that men are sexually enticed by breasts- you can call it whatever you want but nothing you say or do is going to take away the fact that all those women are doing is showing themselves off and potentially being taken advantage of.

They are protesting men, you see- and that is what men see. So why pretend like it's something different :scratch:

No, men in America are sexually enticed by breasts because it isn't commonplace for women to go topless. Change the culture and that wouldn't be the case.

Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Change the culture and that wouldn't be the case.
No, men in America are sexually enticed by breasts because it isn't commonplace for women to go topless. [/QUOTE]

Neither are men running around without their drawers.
It would be ridiculous for men to march down the street in that manner, but spoiled, practically useless rubble rising women can pass your way because..
Reasons :)

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Neither are men running around without their drawers.
It would be ridiculous for men to march down the street in that manner, but spoiled, practically useless rubble rising women can pass your way because..
Reasons :)
But we aren't talking about anyone going naked in this thread. We are talking about women going topless, something that.men commonly do. Remember that until after WWI it was illegal for either sex to go topless in many places. The laws were changed for men but not for women.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Topless women are nothing more than entertainment to men, you act like you're so concerned about this 'right' of women, but there's a reason why 99% of women actually prefer to wear a top- it's for the same reason 99% of men prefer to wear a bottom.

There's no defense for nudism in the general public. They have the right to practice it among themselves, there is no injustice in telling them they can't do it in public.

• Agree
Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Topless women are nothing more than entertainment to men, you act like you're so concerned about this 'right' of women, but there's a reason why 99% of women actually prefer to wear a top- it's for the same reason 99% of men prefer to wear a bottom.

There's no defense for nudism in the general public. They have the right to practice it among themselves, there is no injustice in telling them they can't do it in public.

First, once again, we aren't talking about anyone going nude in this thread. Is a topless man nude?

Second, no one is trying to force women to go topless. We are talking about having the right to do so. You keep ignoring the example of the topless WV Woman. Why should she have to pay a fine when nothing was done to her equally topless boyfriend?

Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First, once again, we aren't talking about anyone going nude in this thread. Is a topless man nude?

Second, no one is trying to force women to go topless. We are talking about having the right to do so. You keep ignoring the example of the topless WV Woman. Why should she have to pay a fine when nothing was done to her equally topless boyfriend?

I'm frankly tired of women complaining about these stupid, pointless rights pretending like they are being persecuted by some imaginary patriarchy.

In fact, I'm sick of women's concerns altogether, when are we going to talk about the ongoing injustices men receive? Very real things, you see, like getting the bad end of the stick in domestic courts, having their kids taken, their house taken, or being presumed as abusers with no evidence.

When are we going to deal with all that? But no, you're too worried about a woman whoring herself on a beach.

Think about that for a bit

• Winner
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm frankly tired of women complaining about these stupid, pointless rights pretending like they are being persecuted by some imaginary patriarchy.

In fact, I'm sick of women's concerns altogether, when are we going to talk about the ongoing injustices men receive? Very real things, you see, like getting the bad end of the stick in domestic courts, having their kids taken, their house taken, or being presumed as abusers with no evidence.

When are we going to deal with all that? But no, you're too worried about a woman whoring herself on a beach.

Think about that for a bit

I know that you are new to CF, so perhaps you don't understand the rules. The OP begins a thread to discuss a specific point. Discussion then centers on that issue. This thread is about women going topless in public. It is not about men and domestic courts or men having their kids taken or men being accused of being abusers. If you want to discuss those issues please start you own thread. Oh, and we don't say that the ideas posted by others are "stupid". Most of us remain polite here even when we disagree.

Is a topless man on a beach "whoring" himself? If not, why would you say that a topless woman is doing that?

• Winner
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know that you are new to CF, so perhaps you don't understand the rules. The OP begins a thread to discuss a specific point. Discussion then centers on that issue. This thread is about women going topless in public. It is not about men and domestic courts or men having their kids taken or men being accused of being abusers. If you want to discuss those issues please start you own thread. Oh, and we don't say that the ideas posted by others are "stupid". Most of us remain polite here even when we disagree.

Is a topless man on a beach "whoring" himself? If not, why would you say that a topless woman is doing that?

A man without his trunks on is a naked man- a woman with her top off is a naked woman. It's in the exact words you yourself uses- a 'nudist beach'. 'Nudism'.

You cannot omit the sexuality of the breasts- that is an irrational thing to demand, just as everything else within feminism.

I'm familiar with the rules on here- feminism is fully relevant to this subject because it is the cause of concern for women going topless in the first place. Don't presume to tell me I'm not staying on topic when you're the one trying to compartmentalize the subject in your favor.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A man without his trunks on is a naked man- a woman with her top off is a naked woman. It's in the exact words you yourself uses- a 'nudist beach'. 'Nudism'.

No, a man who is wearing neither a bottom nor a top is nude. A woman who is wearing neither a bottom nor a top is nude. A topless wonan is no more nude than a topless man.

You cannot omit the sexuality of the breasts- that is an irrational thing to demand, just as everything else within feminism.

As has been said many times, that is a cultural issue and cultural issues change over time. In many places in the world breasts are not regarded as sexual objects.

I'm familiar with the rules on here- feminism is fully relevant to this subject because it is the cause of concern for women going topless in the first place. Don't presume to tell me I'm not staying on topic when you're the one trying to compartmentalize the subject in your favor.

But you are trying to raise issues that are completely off point. Child custody, abuse. That has nothing to do with women having a right that is regularly exercised by men.

Oh, and it would help if you would actually start answering the questions I have asked.

• Agree
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, a man who is wearing neither a bottom nor a top is nude. A woman who is wearing neither a bottom nor a top is nude. A topless wonan is no more nude than a topless man.

According to what?
Nudity is an abstract idea- where does being dressed end and nudity begin?

Society self evidently recognizes bare breasts as nudity, it is why tops even exist in the first place- you don't just rush in and reinvent what nudity is.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Shouldn't she know that clothing causes overwhelming temptation in many people?

That's the problem for the folks who have "overwhelming temptation" to deal with. I think they're in need of psychiatric help if they have that strong of a reaction to ladies in bikinis at the beach and pool.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
According to what?
Nudity is an abstract idea- where does being dressed end and nudity begin?

The basic definition is clear: the state or fact of being naked.

Society self evidently recognizes bare breasts as nudity, it is why tops even exist in the first place- you don't just rush in and reinvent what nudity is.

If that is the case then at one point society recognized a topless man as nudity, but that is no longer the case. Was that reinventing nudity when the laws were changed to allow men to go topless?

Oh, and it would be nice if you would actually address the questions I have asked.

Upvote 0

Vyrzaharak

Jul 8, 2017
Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
✟18,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[...]With bikinis the combination of those areas exposed can cause overwhelming temptation to lust.

[...]men are sexually enticed by breasts[...]

Jee, I wonder... what'll the lot of you say to that growing minority of straight men who aren't sexually attracted to female breasts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Jee, I wonder... what'll the lot of you say to that growing minority of straight men who aren't sexually attracted to female breasts?
But men commonly go topless despite the fact that some women are sexually attracted to the male chest. Why is that acceptable?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's the problem for the folks who have "overwhelming temptation" to deal with. I think they're in need of psychiatric help if they have that strong of a reaction to ladies in bikinis at the beach and pool.

Wearing bikinis emphasizes all the private areas and shows the rest of the skin.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Wearing bikinis emphasizes all the private areas and shows the rest of the skin.

So do Speedos. Sam, do you think that the men's swim team should cover up so that the ladies won't be caused "overwhelming temptation" or is just men who you think are too weak to handle swimwear?

Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So... just putting this out there for consideration... what is it that makes "Christian" men so weak willed and unable to control there own actions & urges at the mere sight of a nipple, while most of the secular men can manage just fine. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0