United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I posted an opinion.
The questions are 1) do you believe that women should not wear bright colors and 2) do you believe that women should not expose their legs. You posted links that made those claims, I want to know if you agree with what you posted.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The questions are 1) do you believe that women should not wear bright colors and 2) do you believe that women should not expose their legs. You posted links that made those claims, I want to know if you agree with what you posted.

Those are not related to the OP of toplessneess.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then why did you ibtrodice evidence that raised them? If you knew the point was not related to the OP you shouldn't have posted them.

Answers please.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You didn't answer my question either (#1349), and it did focus on toplessness.

Your reply (#1350) dealt with nude men, not topless women...

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
During the Ethiopian famine of 1984, I saw a topless Ethiopian woman talking to a news reporter. Her breasts were absolutely flat (no fat left) and she pinched one of her nipples to show that she had no milk for her baby.

Do you think male viewers found this arousing?
I found it tragic.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
During the Ethiopian famine of 1984, I saw a topless Ethiopian woman talking to a news reporter. Her breasts were absolutely flat (no fat left) and she pinched one of her nipples to show that she had no milk for her baby.

I found it tragic.

Nobody says being aroused is the issue-being modest is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It pretty obvious you don't know a lot about scripture. There are plenty of scriptures that speak of nakedness being shameful except between husband and wife. And then there's the one about the modesty principle and the not doing things that could cause your brother to stumble which violates the law of love. A woman's breasts are meant for her husband not everyone else.

Actually I know the scriptures pretty well. I just explained for example Ez.16 and how that says nothing about it being shameful for men or women to be naked of their own free will. The shame is because the man couldn't protect his family from a foreign invader. Or more specifically how Israel turned to idols and so God will bring them to shame for turning from God who had blessed them. If you know much about ancient wars you would understand what Ezekiel is speaking of.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What is your view on this post?

There is No Need to #FreeTheNipple - Kevin A. Thompson

Do you think a topless man is nudity too?

Or is there a level of dressing that is not shameful and degrading in nudity sense but not fully proper?

I really like the article and think it explains things very well. As far as I know in just about every society the woman's breasts are specifically thought of as sexual objects as well as for feeding babies.

As the article explains the male and female body is different as we all know. The female breast IS a sexual object and the bible speaks of that.

Those are the parts we keep private for the babies and for our spouse. They are not for public consumption. It's shameful to do so.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal

I found it tragic.

I would find that tragic as well, not arousing. But that is not what we are talking about as a whole. Nudity due to tragedy is tragic. Nudity because you just want to run around naked is not. There is a world of difference.

Reactions: Sammy-San
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It keeps being claimed on this thread, "where does the bible say breasts are nudity"?

The Bible doesn't say the groin is nudity either does it. Does it say anywhere that the male groin or the female groin is nudity? I hope you are not claiming that since the Bible doesn't specifically say that it's ok to run around with out pants.

It does talk about the requirements that priests where undergarments but they also we're required to wear other special clothing as well that the general populace wasn't required to wear. There aren't an passages that say "thou shalt wear pants or underwear". Therefore according to some folks ideas then it's not specifically prohibited so we should be able to run around without groin coverage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Bible doesn't say the groin is nudity either does it. Does it say anywhere that the male groin or the female groin is nudity? I hope you are not claiming that since the Bible doesn't specifically say that it's ok to run around with out pants.

It does talk about the requirements that priests where undergarments but they also we're required to wear other special clothing as well that the general populace wasn't required to wear. There aren't an passages that say "thou shalt wear pants or underwear". Therefore according to some folks ideas then it's not specifically prohibited so we should be able to run around without groin coverage.

Would you consider one piece bathing suits to be nudity or not?
http://www.plainbibleteaching.com/2006/04/01/modest-apparel/
Exodus 28:42). What was considered nakedness? Exposing the loins and/or the thighs. Another helpful passage is Isaiah 47:2-3. This passage says: “Remove your veil, strip off the skirt, uncover the leg (thigh, KJV), cross the rivers. Your nakedness will be uncovered, your shame also will be exposed.” When one’s thigh is uncovered, they are considered naked.

Upvote 0