Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know Sam, instead of posting article after article in this thread it would be nice if you would actually engage in conversation and answer questions that you have been asked. Have you gone topless in public? If you have then everything you have said about women not going topless because they might tempt men is irrelevant because you have posted articles saying that the male chest is viewed sexually by some women. That's a double standard.

Of course done if your articles have said that their is nothing wrong with women going topless. I would agree with those articles.

Why are you being so inconsistent?

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
And where in Scripture does it say that it is wrong for women to go topless? Please show me where this is stated.

BTW, still waiting for a reply to my post 2017. You keep coming back and making statements but fail to reply to posts that are directed back at you. I presume that means you have no answer.

I've said enough that is relevant to the subject.
I only bang my head against the same wall so
many times, then it's time to move on to the
next wall.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've said enough that is relevant to the subject.

Actually no you have not. We have gotten lots of opinion from you but where is the evidence? I have said multiple time, post just one verse that says that it is wrong for anyone--male or female--to go topless. Just one...

I only bang my head against the same wall so many times, then it's time to move on to the
next wall.

But you keep coming back and posting.

• Agree
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually no you have not. We have gotten lots of opinion from you but where is the evidence? I have said multiple time, post just one verse that says that it is wrong for anyone--male or female--to go topless. Just one...

But you keep coming back and posting.
Most people dont need told what to wear because they know what is decent, and what is not. You wont be changing any minds with your argument.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Most people dont need told what to wear because they know what is decent, and what is not. You wont be changing any minds with your argument.
Perhaps you have answered this question before--have you ever gone topless in public?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have when i was young, but not for many many years now.

Then even if you are not doing it now you have done something that could get a girl of similar age into all kinds of trouble.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, we are all guilty.

At least you are now being consistent, unlike those who say that women can't go topless but men can. I had said earlier in this thread that if the laws were changed to prohibit anyone from going topless I might not agree but would at least recognize that as being consistent unlike what we have now.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This Sunday is National Go Topless Day, an annual event held to support the right of women to go topless in public on gender-equality grounds.

Any reason why Christian women should not participate?
Nope. I say go for it.
Ringo

Upvote 0

SeattleGuy

Mar 22, 2004
Seattle, WA
✟986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am convinced as well that most modern Christians, if they were dropped by a time machine into a first century Judean or Galilean family, would be absolutely appalled at the cultural standards and family values. These same Christians decry the cultural standards prevalent in much of the modern middle-east and yet they are virtually indistinguishable from biblical standards.

Yes. In those days, there's some evidence (including in Scripture) that men (at least fishermen) worked naked, for instance. Today many would be appalled. Ditto for women breastfeeding in public - then, there was no formula nor refrigeration nor breast pumps. Ditto for women going braless - bras weren't invented until a little over a century ago.

Conversely, most of today's Christian's don't bat an eye when a Christian is undressed in front of a doctor or nurse or other medical professional of the opposite sex, or an emergency-services person.

Regarding the topics of skinny-dipping or going topless, for most Christians, even the most on-fire (like myself) accept nudity in front of the opposite sex, in the instances I mentioned in my previous paragraph. The only issue, therefore, is the criteria used to justify that nudity. If there is a bonafide Scriptural injunction against nudity, then it ought to be universally accepted and obeyed. If there are exceptions, then it's not a universal prohibition, and the criteria are open to debate, being subjective.

It's not an issue of immodesty - because if that were the case, then nudity before medical people etc. would be prohibited.

If the issue is raised that it would automatically arouse lust in the other people - then the same should apply in the case of medical professionals. Most people rationalise that because medical professionals see nudity all the time, that they aren't stirred to lust - but the same rationale could apply to men who are used to seeing topless women on the beach etc. and because it's common, don't make particular note of it.

Of course, I recognize that there's a time and a place for everything; I can't envision a woman going to a Western-culture church topless - but a pastor/missionary friend of mine has said that when he was in the Phillippines and went to a mountain village to preach to tribal people there, women did come to church topless, and breast-fed their babies, and no one thought anything of it - except it kind of shook him a bit.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In an opinion issued by the US District Court for the District of Colorado, the Court fund that a local ordinance prohibiting women from going topless in public whiile allowing men to go topless violated the Equal Protection Clause of the United States Constitution.

The opinion included the following language:

"Frankly, even if this ordinance were not on the books I doubt that women would be regularly walking through downtown Fort Collins with their breasts exposed, or parading in front of elementary schools, or swimming topless in the public pool, as defendant cautioned us during the hearing. As with many other legal behaviors, common sense and sensitivity to the feelings of others tells us that there is a time and a place. It seems to me that the primary focus here is the equal right of women to expose their breasts in public, not necessarily a plan to make it an everyday, everywhere routine. Throughout this case, Fort Collins has repeatedly pointed out that it is far from unique in enacting laws that criminalize females—and only females—who appear topless in public and that striking down the law would upset many Fort Collins residents. Unfortunately, our history is littered with many forms of discrimination, including discrimination against women. As the barriers have come down, one by one, some people were made uncomfortable. In our system, however, the Constitution prevails over popular sentiment."

The full opinion can be found here: https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Nipple-Order.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I really must say that some bras are very uncomfortable. Are there no comfortable way to make them. If a woman has to wear a sportsbra with size E then she wants no irritation in the back of the bra. It creates anger and Yes, What is the point? People with size E not wearing bras anymore or avoiding gyms. Sportsbras are so thin so they are basically only supporting but I tell You even an E can work out without a bra if she benchpresses properly. But we might prefer a bra for the sake of modesty. It is good that some shirts have a builtin bra without extra stuff in the back, thank You Puma,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I really must say that some bras are very uncomfortable. Are there no comfortable way to make them. If a woman has to wear a sportsbra with size E then she wants no irritation in the back of the bra. It creates anger and Yes, What is the point? People with size E not wearing bras anymore or avoiding gyms. Sportsbras are so thin so they are basically only supporting but I tell You even an E can work out without a bra if she benchpresses properly. But we might prefer a bra for the sake of modesty. It is good that some shirts have a builtin bra without extra stuff in the back, thank You Puma,

That's exactly what my girlfriend has said. There's this big sale going on at Victoria's Secret, so she spent a good while there trying out bras. I just stayed put in the chair out in the mall, holding on to the rest of the bags. Well after being in there all that time, she came out with bags full of pajamas, workout clothes, body lotion, all sorts of things except for the bras she went in there to buy. She said none of them felt comfortable. They all had some wire thing that bothered her. I agree with you both, if the bras aren't comfortable, there's not too much of a point to them. At this time of the year she's always bundled up so she's plenty modest regardless of what's underneath it all.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I never understood women wearing clothes that weren't comfortable so they were wearing them for a certian look. I've never warn clothes very long that weren't comfortable, especially shoes!
I find it pretty comfortable being nude ... sure wish it was more acceptable to be nude.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I never understood women wearing clothes that weren't comfortable so they were wearing them for a certian look. I've never warn clothes very long that weren't comfortable, especially shoes!
I find it pretty comfortable being nude ... sure wish it was more acceptable to be nude.

This is sinful. Read Ezekiel 18 and Ezekiel 21. How are the age ranges defined in the Bible?

Yanaq: A nursing child

breasts are there for feeding children-and are meant to be covered.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. If a person who knows right from wrong continues to do wrong,
their conscience can be seared to the point where they no longer
know wrong from right and are incapable of caring which is which.

And regarding the OP topic and immodesty, different laws have different standards of when breast exposure is nudity.

Upvote 0