United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Likely true.

I've been through the first half of the training to administer and read the ELISA test, and was surprised to learn that there are actually people these days that try to contract HIV because they are guaranteed benefits or some such, as the drugs are that good these days. It was horrifying to discover, but it is a real thing.

The highest risk community- gay African-American men- have such faith in the HIV prophylactic meds that many are now forgoing condoms altogether and are at a higher risk for other STIs.
Well, there's not much cure for stupid.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Noting that plenty of people out there contract HIV through no fault of their own whatsoever. Sometimes only one person in a monogamous marriage is monogamous, and the one that took that seriously can still get HIV from the one that didn't (that's a not uncommon scenario)- some are born with it- some are virgins who are raped as a folk cure for those that have HIV- et cetera.

ETA- and the prophylactic drugs out there for HIV work extremely well- so even those that have lots of sex with lots of people are not nearly at the significant risk they were in the past.
Great news for the promiscuity driven.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Enquirer has been right before.

I know that they have been right before, but it is obvious how much they love to gossip, sensationalize, & take advantage of the misfortunes of others. There are legit sources that could've been used.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Noting that a Christian Forum ought rightly to be concerned about morality ... and the consequences of the lack thereof.

True. I sympathize, I don't wish AIDS of any other disease on anyone. But he has no one to blame but himself. It isn't a question of him deserving it, but rather the truth that actions have consequences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True. I sympathize, I don't wish AIDS of any other disease on anyone. But he has no one to blame but himself.
He could blame the guy that created the disease, but that wouldn't serve your comfort zone any.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He could blame the guy that created the disease, but that wouldn't serve your comfort zone any.

Created the disease? And who might that be?

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Created the disease? And who might that be?
It would be better if you could make yourself find out, but that would cause a crack of doubt you might not be able to cope with, so forget about. Go to YouTube and listen to conservative propaganda until you feel better. ;)

Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be better if you could make yourself find out, but that would cause a crack of doubt you might not be able to cope with, so forget about.

I have to wonder if some of the new posters in the politics and current news threads are on loan from the DU.

I understood the point you were trying to make when you first tried to make it. I just wanted to see if you would actually articulate it. Blame God. Right. Your comment was probably also an allusion to the claim Christians believe AIDS was sent from on high as a judgement against gays. Because any opportunity to try and denigrate Christians.

Sheen engaged in the behavior, Sheen contracted AIDS. It is sad, but that is the story.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have to wonder if some of the new posters in the politics and current news threads are on loan from the DU.

I understood the point you were trying to make when you first tried to make it. I just wanted to see if you would actually articulate it. Blame God. Right. Your comment was probably also an allusion to the claim Christians believe AIDS was sent from on high as a judgement against gays. Because any opportunity to try and denigrate Christians.

Sheen engaged in the behavior, Sheen contracted AIDS. It is sad, but that is the story.
Blame God? Who did that? Who defended Sheen?
Shall I guess who you are "on loan" from? lol

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would be better if you could make yourself find out, but that would cause a crack of doubt you might not be able to cope with, so forget about. Go to YouTube and listen to conservative propaganda until you feel better. ;)
No, why don't you just say? I have no idea who you're talking about. It sounds like some whacko conspiracy theory to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I watched his interview about it....he must have been really desperate to keep it a secret...he was being blackmailed by numerous people (totals in the millions of dollars) in order to keep them from talking. If I were him...now that it's public knowledge, I'd be pressing charges on each and every one of those people who were extorting him to recoup some of those funds.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, why don't you just say? I have no idea who you're talking about. It sounds like some whacko conspiracy theory to me.
That's exactly why I don't bother.
Now imagine what you sound like to me.
;)

Upvote 0