• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

National Enquirer: Charlie Sheen is HIV positive

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by NightHawkeye, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Smidlee

Smidlee Veteran

+734
    Baptist
    Married
    There is a difference between "killing a virus" and getting cured of the virus. They had drugs that kills the virus but the human cells makes poor copies of the virus which allows it can avoid the drug.

2. patrick jane

patrick jane MAD Bible Believer Supporter

+1,301
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Oh well, we can pray. And take the necessary steps to never contract the viruses

3. Rick Otto

Rick Otto The Dude Abides

+6,253
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Agreed. Dirt reports about a guy I never watch and will never have sex with.
    Sure was cool that the kid on the show found Jesus, though.

4. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,939
    Methodist
    Married
    Noting that living for decades does not equate with a normal lifespan ... or normal quality of life.

5. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,478
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    My friend lives a pretty normal life. She's able to have sex, go to church and help take care of her grand child. And stay alive and watch her kids grow up and have children. That sounds like a pretty normal quality of life. I'm sure in her early days it wasn't all perfect, but life is pretty good now.

6. AceHero

AceHero Veteran

+430
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    The Enquirer has been right before.

7. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+2,478
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I think if he didn't have HIV. I think he would have tweeted he wasn't HIV positive by now. I guess everyone will really know tomorrow. Since he plans to tell on the Today show.

8. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+9,891
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Anyone want start guessing as to how he got it? Bonus points for specificity.

9. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+2,478
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    The real question is does he know whom he got it from. Some people say dirty needles, from drug use. But he's rich and should be able to get clean needles. Or maybe he didn't use needles at all. People don't want to believe heterosexuals get HIV from sleeping around. Some seem to believe only gay people or drug addicts get HIV. It could be sleeping around or needle drug use.

10. Oafman

Oafman Try telling that to these bog brained murphys

+4,041
    Atheist
    Private
    UK-Labour
    If it was contaminated equipment during a blood transfusion, there are going to be a few red faces around here...

11. craigerNY

craigerNY I bring nothing to the table

+355
    Agnostic
    Single
    If you hold the belief that he deserves it why would it matter how he got it?

12. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,611
    Korea, Republic Of
    Baptist
    Private
    Sad, but entirely unsurprising.

13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+9,891
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I'm going to guess that he imported a couple pygmies from Africa and had an orgy with them while Bree Olsen watched.

14. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,924
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Or an evil dentist.

15. Jahrooshshalom

Jahrooshshalom Active Member

+186
    Non-Denom
    Private

He should get with Magic Johnson who was diagnosed HIV positive long years ago.
    God have mercy on Charlie and his family. He's someone's daddy. :(

16. Rick Otto

Rick Otto The Dude Abides

+6,253
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    First it was Charlie Lebdo, now it's Charlie Sheen!
    This is obviously the beginning of a War On Charlie's!

17. seashale76

seashale76 Orthodox Christian and Unapologetic Iconodule

+3,989
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    No, there is no cure for HIV, however, the current treatments keep the viral load down to such an extent that the mortality rate has flipped from something around 98% to the exact opposite.

18. seashale76

+3,989
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Noting that plenty of people out there contract HIV through no fault of their own whatsoever. Sometimes only one person in a monogamous marriage is monogamous, and the one that took that seriously can still get HIV from the one that didn't (that's a not uncommon scenario)- some are born with it- some are virgins who are raped as a folk cure for those that have HIV- et cetera.

ETA- and the prophylactic drugs out there for HIV work extremely well- so even those that have lots of sex with lots of people are not nearly at the significant risk they were in the past.

19. MehGuy

MehGuy Free speech warrior degenerate Supporter

+6,504
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Yeah, Charlie Sheen has more to worry about the damage from his alcoholism and drug addictions more than his HIV, lol.

20. seashale76

+3,989
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Likely true.

I've been through the first half of the training to administer and read the ELISA test, and was surprised to learn that there are actually people these days that try to contract HIV because they are guaranteed benefits or some such, as the drugs are that good these days. It was horrifying to discover, but it is a real thing.

The highest risk community- gay African-American men- have such faith in the HIV prophylactic meds that many are now forgoing condoms altogether and are at a higher risk for other STIs.