Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference between "killing a virus" and getting cured of the virus. They had drugs that kills the virus but the human cells makes poor copies of the virus which allows it can avoid the drug.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There is a difference between "killing a virus" and getting cured of the virus. They had drugs that kills the virus but the human cells makes poor copies of the virus which allows it can avoid the drug.
Oh well, we can pray. And take the necessary steps to never contract the viruses

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It's not the death sentence it was in the 80s and 90s when people who were HIV positive had AIDS and it progressed quickly and devastatingly. Nowadays people can live for decades with the virus.
Noting that living for decades does not equate with a normal lifespan ... or normal quality of life.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Noting that living for decades does not equate with a normal lifespan ... or normal quality of life.
My friend lives a pretty normal life. She's able to have sex, go to church and help take care of her grand child. And stay alive and watch her kids grow up and have children. That sounds like a pretty normal quality of life. I'm sure in her early days it wasn't all perfect, but life is pretty good now.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think if he didn't have HIV. I think he would have tweeted he wasn't HIV positive by now. I guess everyone will really know tomorrow. Since he plans to tell on the Today show.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anyone want start guessing as to how he got it? Bonus points for specificity.
The real question is does he know whom he got it from. Some people say dirty needles, from drug use. But he's rich and should be able to get clean needles. Or maybe he didn't use needles at all. People don't want to believe heterosexuals get HIV from sleeping around. Some seem to believe only gay people or drug addicts get HIV. It could be sleeping around or needle drug use.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Anyone want start guessing as to how he got it? Bonus points for specificity.
If it was contaminated equipment during a blood transfusion, there are going to be a few red faces around here...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟48,788.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If it was contaminated equipment during a blood transfusion, there are going to be a few red faces around here...

If you hold the belief that he deserves it why would it matter how he got it?

Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm going to guess that he imported a couple pygmies from Africa and had an orgy with them while Bree Olsen watched.

Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟9,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. They don't. All are caveated.

Your first link ... "promising"
Second ... "candidate" drug
Third ... "may help"

As of today, there are no verified cures for HIV.

Noting finally, that those same caveats have been used for AIDS treatments for decades.

No, there is no cure for HIV, however, the current treatments keep the viral load down to such an extent that the mortality rate has flipped from something around 98% to the exact opposite.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh well, we can pray. And take the necessary steps to never contract the viruses
Noting that plenty of people out there contract HIV through no fault of their own whatsoever. Sometimes only one person in a monogamous marriage is monogamous, and the one that took that seriously can still get HIV from the one that didn't (that's a not uncommon scenario)- some are born with it- some are virgins who are raped as a folk cure for those that have HIV- et cetera.

ETA- and the prophylactic drugs out there for HIV work extremely well- so even those that have lots of sex with lots of people are not nearly at the significant risk they were in the past.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, there is no cure for HIV, however, the current treatments keep the viral load down to such an extent that the mortality rate has flipped from something around 98% to the exact opposite.

Yeah, Charlie Sheen has more to worry about the damage from his alcoholism and drug addictions more than his HIV, lol.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, Charlie Sheen has more to worry about the damage from his alcoholism and drug addictions more than his HIV, lol.
Likely true.

I've been through the first half of the training to administer and read the ELISA test, and was surprised to learn that there are actually people these days that try to contract HIV because they are guaranteed benefits or some such, as the drugs are that good these days. It was horrifying to discover, but it is a real thing.

The highest risk community- gay African-American men- have such faith in the HIV prophylactic meds that many are now forgoing condoms altogether and are at a higher risk for other STIs.

Upvote 0