Naruto!

Aburame

Lazer Duck!
Mar 9, 2004
British Colubia
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
hello everyone, i would like to ask what you guys think about this anime.

i personally really enjoy it, although that doesn't really suit me, i usually cant stand anime's like this, and i loved the manga, although it doesn't really suit me either.

I am impatiantly awaiting episode 64, Shino is my favorite character (notice my name :rolleyes: ) and it should be a pretty cool fight.

so far i have read all of the manga (up to 205) and all the episodes (up to 73).

but, i dont like how the eps drag on, and the fights are too long. but, thats the only real issues i have with it. ...and sasuke...lol

so how did you guys feel about the anime? I would like to hear all of your opinions about it, not just the good ones.

Attachments

• aka01.gif
    aka01.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 193

Lucent

For the Birds
Mar 3, 2004
Texas
✟622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I started watching Naruto last Friday and I am up to episode 32 (I think). On the one hand, I really enjoy watching this, it has a good mixture of action and humor, the animation is good for a tv series, I like the characters, and ninjas are just cool (I'm a kid at heart).

I have two real problems with the show. One is that the episodes seem really short sometimes (like ten or fifteen minutes short). Problem two (which is partially responsible for prob one) is the ridiculously long 'this is what happeed in the last episode' things at the beginning of most episodes. Seriously, sometimes those things would run for six minutes!

Anyhow, I expect to be up to episode 70 by the end of the week, so I'll have more opinions then.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just started watching it and I've been enjoying it. It's a lot like DBZ, which I used to like, except the story line moves a lot faster, and the animation is a lot better. For those of you who have watched past episode 30, does the girl (sakura??) in Naruto's group EVER do anything in a fight besides stand there and scream?

Upvote 0

Lucent

For the Birds
Mar 3, 2004
Texas
✟622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ThePhoenix said:
Fortunately they seem to have cut the eternal retelling gig starting season 3. So you only have to suffer through that for about 15-20 more episodes. It seems to go away right around 50.

Thank goodness for that. It was starting to get irritating.

trunks2k said:
For those of you who have watched past episode 30, does the girl (sakura??) in Naruto's group EVER do anything in a fight besides stand there and scream?

Yes, she does, but only once that I've seen. I can't tell you about anything past ep 37 right now, though.

Upvote 0

Aburame

Lazer Duck!
Mar 9, 2004
British Colubia
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
sakura barley ever does anything. ...even at eps 73, and issue 205.

...well, there is a really boring fight that she is in. ...thats pretty much it.. (i dont want to spoil anything, so i wont go any further)

and yea, they made the retelling thing really short in the 3rd, and the next episode thing is a little bit shorter.

but i would really suggest you guys check out the manga aswell, its a bit faster and in ways, better. ...plus there are a few things in the manga, that they wont put on the tube. ...I just need to experiance it all though.

but i have another question. Who is your favorite character? so far i like Shino, and Jiraiya the best.

Upvote 0

Lucent

For the Birds
Mar 3, 2004
Texas
✟622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who's my favorite character? Well, you guys are gonna think I'm a complete idiot, but I kinda like Rock Lee. He's funny and has a goofy look on his face.

Plus when he smiles, the little tooth shine thing happens. I have to chuckle every time he shows up. :D

Needless to say, he isn't my favorite character. I think that so far my favorite is Kakashi. But I'm not quite to ep 40 yet.

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
trunks2k said:
For those of you who have watched past episode 30, does the girl (sakura??) in Naruto's group EVER do anything in a fight besides stand there and scream?
No. She's very worthless. Extrodinarily worthless. Most of the characters could wipe her out by accidentally tripping over her, even the ones that seem weak as of episode 30. Hinata and Choji, for instance, could finish her in short order.

Upvote 0

Aburame

Lazer Duck!
Mar 9, 2004
British Colubia
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
how far are you into the manga pheonix?

lets say...the 3rd hokages grand son could beat her. but she is more there for moral support. and her chakara is higher than the bunch, she will probobly get her time to shine sooner or later, but it wont be for 40 more episodes atleast ^^;

but I kinda like Rock Lee
man, he is awsome. and one of the best characters on the show.

but i was wondering who do you dislike the most? so far, its sasuke for me. ...I cant stand that guy..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
lol, this is the 3rd Naruto thread in less than 5 months..

I kinda like Rock Lee.

Lee's nice. i like how the minor characters in Naruto suddenly take major roles and start surprising every viewer, like Lee and Shikamaru for example. After watching those episodes on Lee.. you just can't help liking him!

yeah, Sakura doesn't seems to do much except to stand there and let others rescus her (which continues on in the manga). Everyone in the anime keeps saying she has potential, but she's not having enough training i suppose.

the fights in the anime are fairly long, and that is expected with the long explanations they give.. but the speed picks up the recent episodes. So, who's up to the part where they fight in the arena for the final chunni exams? i heard that the artist's changed which is why Sasuke looks different.. but howcome ONLY Sasuke looks different? arrrr, i don't much like his new look.

Upvote 0

Aburame

Lazer Duck!
Mar 9, 2004
British Colubia
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
well, they changed quite a bit. I think the colouring is much better, and the proportion is done much more realistically. the bg is a little better, and the colours are a little more vibrant. not too many changes, but its noticable. and in the manga, they did the same thing pretty much....just without colours, so it was pretty much just proportion.

...but i think they wanted to age the characters a bit, and to show who sasuke is becoming. or they just didn't like what sasuke looked like...;)

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Aburame said:
how far are you into the manga pheonix?

lets say...the 3rd hokages grand son could beat her. but she is more there for moral support. and her chakara is higher than the bunch, she will probobly get her time to shine sooner or later, but it wont be for 40 more episodes atleast ^^;

man, he is awsome. and one of the best characters on the show.

but i was wondering who do you dislike the most? so far, its sasuke for me. ...I cant stand that guy..
Um, where does she get to shine? Would that be where she stood there and cried while Sasuke and Naruto decided to demonstrate how good their ultimate techniques were? I wouldn't consider that shining, since she was about six inches from becoming very very dead.

Upvote 0

ozanaki tori

rebel sodville
Feb 9, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟7,980.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I thought the art looked somewhat different. They do a lot of zooming in on the faces now (for instance the orochimaru v. hokage scene in episode..71 or so, where it keeps doing the weird views of orochimaru).
I didn't know they changed artists, but I was telling a friend how different the art was. It's a lot higher quality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
PistGurl said:
I've never seen Naruto, but have read it, does anyone know anywhere I can buy it? ALL of it? lol, Ive been wanting to watch it for ages, but noone sells it and all the online shops I had on my list are either gone or broken! I have such bad luck!

Buy it? Perhaps in Japan? As far as I know the anime is not licenced in the US. Feel free to download ;)

Upvote 0

Aburame

Lazer Duck!
Mar 9, 2004
British Colubia
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
Um, where does she get to shine? Would that be where she stood there and cried while Sasuke and Naruto decided to demonstrate how good their ultimate techniques were? I wouldn't consider that shining, since she was about six inches from becoming very very dead.
well, she foiled the squirrel... but i was more saying that she will probobly get to do somthing sooner or later.

I thought the art looked somewhat different. They do a lot of zooming in on the faces now (for instance the orochimaru v. hokage scene in episode..71 or so, where it keeps doing the weird views of orochimaru).
I didn't know they changed artists, but I was telling a friend how different the art was. It's a lot higher quality.

i dont like how they do the views on orochimaru, they keep making him look so fat.

Buy it? Perhaps in Japan? As far as I know the anime is not licenced in the US. Feel free to download
its download only.

Upvote 0

ozanaki tori

rebel sodville
Feb 9, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟7,980.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
i like how the minor characters in Naruto suddenly take major roles and start surprising every viewer, like Lee and Shikamaru for example. After watching those episodes on Lee.. you just can't help liking him!

I love that about Naruto. It really levels out the field - while it has central characters, the other characters play very big roles. I was very pleasantly surprised by Shikamaru. I loved him from the start, but I was afraid he was just going to be a side character for a bit, because of his bland clothing and character design - then I realised he was supposed to be somewhat boring. He rocks so hard.

Upvote 0