Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's encouraging to see the right wing-o-sphere taking a moment to absorb this information, pause in self-reflection, think about the rhetoric they use, and vow to assess more carefully any information that causes them cognitive dissonance, rather than immediately leaping to instant conspiracies.

fark_Pk0_E014CS3O8tMRAs_7KbAwAV0.png

fark_j9F5mVPRkWMb3NnX-Bp9a7QipPQ.png
Twitter: Where nothing is too stupid to post.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone else think this sounds fishy that police officers are doing a "priority well-being check" at 2:27 a.m. just as someone is breaking into the house with a hammer? I don't know but it smells like Jussie Smollett to me.
There’s this thingy called 9-1-1. Comes in useful when a crazed, violent zealot thinks your head is a nail.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like that’s going to convince anyone. And by anyone, I mean conspiracy theorists. I’m sure they’ll claim that that the call is fake.
It was a perfect call.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,227,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was under the impression Pelosi lived in a gated, closed neighborhood. (And I thought it was the one a few years back where the neighborhood org that owned the private street failed to pay their taxes and someone else bought it at the Sheriff's auction. It may have just been a similar enclosed block.)

That was what my understanding was as well.

I was also originally thinking that ranking house and senate members had security provided to them (but read up on it and found out that since Nancy was in DC, the security wouldn't have been at her residence at the time it occurred)

The other part that I was kind of surprised about was that he had to physically call 911... Usually people with that kind of money, at the very least, have some sort of home security system that automatically calls responders during a break-in...but it's possible that he forgot to arm the security system. My grandpa would occasionally forget when he was Paul's age.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟54,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
American politics has always been a blood sport. It’s been worse. Before the Civil War, Mass. Congressman Charles Sumner was beaten senseless in the House chamber by a pro-slavery South Carolina congressman. But still, it’s a national disgrace that this horrible, primitive, wretched behavior is being repeated in the 21st century. :sigh:

Also Burr vs Hamilton.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟266,399.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But still, it’s a national disgrace that this horrible, primitive, wretched behavior is being repeated in the 21st century. :sigh:
My “good, conservative Christian” relatives all wish it had been Nancy. But I’m sure tomorrow they’ll all be jumping on the “fake news” bandwagon, because some far right pundit will tell them to believe it.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,287,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
American politics has always been a blood sport. It’s been worse. Before the Civil War, Mass. Congressman Charles Sumner was beaten senseless in the House chamber by a pro-slavery South Carolina congressman. But still, it’s a national disgrace that this horrible, primitive, wretched behavior is being repeated in the 21st century. :sigh:

Yeah, but during the Civil War nobody questioned that slavery existed. Now you have tens of millions of people believing things that are factually untrue. Some of whom inevitably will be angry enough to act on them.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟54,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, but during the Civil War nobody questioned that slavery existed. Now you have tens of millions of people believing things that are factually untrue. Some of whom inevitably will be angry enough to act on them.

Look into the history of Bleeding Kansas. And even today you have people who believe Jefferson Davis was captured in drag, despite two of the Union cavalrymen who captured him stating the claim was false. During the John Adams administration, there were those who believed Jefferson and his party were bent on revolution. Unfortunately, misinformation and violence is nothing new in US history. There does seem to be times that it's more psychotic than others.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟567,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My “good, conservative Christian” relatives all wish it had been Nancy. But I’m sure tomorrow they’ll all be jumping on the “fake news” bandwagon, because some far right pundit will tell them to believe it.
I don’t think they even need to wait for it to come to them from any talking heads anymore. They’ve already been primed to look at the world this way. Everything that happens is just a piece of a larger conspiracy they’ve uncovered.

Sad way to approach reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟320,114.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Does anyone else think this sounds fishy that police officers are doing a "priority well-being check" at 2:27 a.m. just as someone is breaking into the house with a hammer? I don't know but it smells like Jussie Smollett to me.
To be fair that kind of easily debunked false flag op is more a Right Wing/Jacob Wohl/Putin move than a lefty’s move.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this how pro-life looks to the right wing?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look into the history of Bleeding Kansas. And even today you have people who believe Jefferson Davis was captured in drag, despite two of the Union cavalrymen who captured him stating the claim was false. During the John Adams administration, there were those who believed Jefferson and his party were bent on revolution. Unfortunately, misinformation and violence is nothing new in US history. There does seem to be times that it's more psychotic than others.
Next thing you’re gonna claim is that Sherman wasn’t retreating to the Sea Amanda the Cherokee Americans weren’t just taking a road trip during spring break.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟852,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In the months before police accused him of attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Friday morning, David DePape had been drifting further into the world of far-right conspiracies, antisemitism and hate, according to a [LA] Times review of his online accounts.

In a personal blog that DePape maintained, posts include such topics as “Manipulation of History,” “Holohoax” and “It’s OK to be white.” He mentioned 4chan, a favorite message board of the far right. He posted videos about conspiracies involving COVID-19 vaccines and the war in Ukraine being a ploy for Jewish people to buy land.

DePape’s screeds included posts about █████, an unfounded theory that █████ █ ██████ ███ █ █████████ ███████ ██████████ ███ ██████ ███ █ ███████ █████████ ██████ ██ ███ █████ ████ █ █ ████ ██████ ██ █ █████ █ █ █████████ ███████.

DePape’s daughter, Inti Gonzalez, told The Times that her father wrote the blog. She said that she and her mother were reeling from the news that DePape had been arrested in connection with the attack on Paul Pelosi.

“I’m a little shocked,” she said, “but not really that shocked, in all honesty.”

DePape followed a number of conservative creators online, including Tim Pool, Glenn Beck, DailyWire+ and the Epoch Times.

In another [post], he called “equity” a leftist dog whistle “for the systematic oppression of white people” and “diversity” a “dog whistle for the genocide of the white race.” In others, he posted separate videos questioning the Holocaust and alleging Jewish bankers were responsible for Hitler’s rise to power.

DePape posted videos to Facebook by MyPillow Chief Executive Mike Lindell saying that the 2020 presidential election was stolen, according to reports.

He also linked to sites with claims about the deadliness of COVID-19 vaccines.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟852,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟174,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
About DePape, a public nudity activist, the news reporter here says says about DePapes recent residence, "... his posts stand in stark contrast to the home in Berkleys ashby neighborhood the home strewed with signs saying BLM and peace.."?? True or not, at least the TV anchor was honest about that being a contradiction ...

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟773,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Maybe his mental disorder is characterized by extreme mood shifts that spill over into conflicting political rant.

Maybe I should reach convenient conclusions about political rants and the alleged, obvious associations some like to concoct:

How the game is played

This gesture ( for ex)shows a certain political persuasion fits an obvious, uniform mindset:

CNN Cuts Ties With Kathy Griffin on ‘New Year’s Eve’ Show After Trump Photo Stunt – The Hollywood Reporter

Proof positive by these examples:

Shawn Christy, fugitive accused of Trump threat, captured

Congressional baseball shooting - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟441,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Untitled.png

Watch your diet, people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟152,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be fair that kind of easily debunked false flag op is more a Right Wing/Jacob Wohl/Putin move than a lefty’s move.
What? Can you translate all that left wing lingo intonacual English?

Upvote 0