• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy Pelosi prays "Lord make me a channel for thy peace," then votes to fund abortions

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

1. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+18,991
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+99,995
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    God help us!

Praying.

3. Dave-W

Dave-W Grandparent of six grandchildren, #7 on the way! Supporter

+12,363
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    She is seriously deceived.

4. Davidnic

Davidnic Well-Known Member Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+9,061
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
  5. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+4,975
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Lord have mercy upon your servants and forgive us and guide us to the truth in this matter and all matters.

It is incredibly saddening and heart-wrenching to see Western politicians who claim to follow Christ support the kinds of things that are weaponized as rumors against fellow Christians in other parts of the world (see especially the tenth column of this article, which begins with "In a column last March"). When people anywhere say Christians have no morals or are hypocrites and all this kind of stuff, we know that things like what Pelosi is doing are helping foster that attitude. I would never sit here and say that I'm better than her or anyone, because I am also a hypocrite in my own ways and of course all have fallen short of the glory of God, but come on...what kind of society are we building where this level of "Christianity 101" stuff is pushed aside and even the Christian narrative itself has become whatever the person who is pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-whatever that is against the common Christian faith wants it to be, in the name of God's peace?!

Lord have mercy. Everyone loves the hippie Jesus of their own making, but so few heed (much less love) the Just Judge, Who will come again in His glory to judge the living and the dead, and give to each one according to his deeds. Again, Lord have mercy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+4,741
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    I've never heard or seen anything encouraging about Pelosi. Usually my reaction toward her is "yikes".

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 1:58 PM
  7. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+2,581
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I guess only the Lord can make the call between delusional and liar (though I just finished reading Jude, and he doesn't seem to hold back). I remain very sad the nation took such a massive step backward in November. But the Lord, through our prayers, can use anything for the kingdom. Maybe many, seeing this woman in action, will awaken to the need for discernment.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Michie

+18,991
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Speaker Pelosi should heed the words of the Pope named after Saint Francis: 'Every life counts: from the beginning to the end, from conception to natural death.'

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Davidnic

+9,061
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    MOD HAT

This thread has been cleaned. Off topic posts and posts that implied it was not a skewed Catholic faith that supported funding have been removed. So have posts that replied to them.

MOD HAT

10. LivingWordUnity

LivingWordUnity Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic

+10,720
    Catholic
    Married
    Pope Francis gives mixed messages on abortion.

11. Michie

+18,991
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I've never noticed him giving a mixed message as far as abortion is concerned... Wait! Yes, maybe I have. Didn't he appoint or invite someone to a meeting at one time that was pro-abortion?? I think I remember posting something about it but cannot recall the details.

12. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,442
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    LOL, do ya feel yourself being a little overworked these days?

13. Davidnic

+9,061
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Indeed there has been more of this since about the 21st of December.

14. LivingWordUnity

+10,720
    Catholic
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Michie

+18,991
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  16. Davidnic

+9,061
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Remember lifesitenews is not always accurate and to take stuff with a grain of salt.

That is not to say the Pope doesn't make confusing and baffling moves like this. But it's always good to seek confirmation when you read lifesite. They have gone downhill in the last 4 or 5 years.

17. Davidnic

+9,061
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
  18. Stabat Mater

Stabat Mater Traditional Catholic - SSPX Supporter

+5,931
    Norway
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    Pelosi is like a modern day version of king harold... She's in favor of abortions, claims to be catholic and votes for abortion even so close to Christmas.
    If she had payed some attention to the gospel and homilies around Christmas she would've known to do better.
    It's sad tough... :(

19. LivingWordUnity

+10,720
    Catholic
    Married
    I think the LSN article is pretty accurate. If Pope Francis was misunderstood I think he would have corrected the misunderstanding. Also, how do you explain what the National Catholic Register said?:

NC Register: Italian Abortionist Speaks in Church; Catholics Ejected, Silenced

20. Michie

+18,991
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Pope Francis really is not known for correcting misunderstandings. That the #1 complaint for most people.