Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
wannaberichr said:
It seems to me that you don't think men are at all to blame for marital problems. Newsflash, Autumnleaf, it takes two to tango. Problems in the marriage stem from both sides. I'm not saying that it is all the op's fault, but they both have a stake in this and it is not the fault of only one of them. For HisWillTew, my advice is pray and try to make an honest effort to show her how much you have changed. Women do not want to accept just an outward change. If it is not sincere in your heart then she will eventually leave. And when she does, it will be for good. I have been down that road, and it isn't fun. I'll pray for you. No matter what happens, trust in God.

If one spouse sins, judgement does not fall on the other spouse by guilt of association anymore than a passenger gets a speeding ticket when a driver gets pulled over for speeding. Its popular to say everything is everyone's fault so we should all admit we're wrong, but reality doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0

AirForceTeacher

King of the Wicker People
Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟28,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hiswilltew - hang in there. Get familiar with the love of God. If you feel cynical when reading about it or feel condemnation - push harder. The love of God is the path toward healing, whether your marriage comes together or not. If your marriage is restored, that love will help make it better. If not, that love will sustain you and keep you joyful even if you're single for a while, or forever.

1 John 3.1a "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! ... " Child of God. Chosen and accepted by Him. Loved by Him. Desired by Him.

Upvote 0

HisWillTew

Jul 7, 2006
Florida
✟15,166.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Autumnleaf said:
Based on the above post, you have done nothing to justify your wife leaving. She is wrong and you shouldn't change a thing. If I were you I'd help my wife pack and send her on her merry way until she realizes she's being stupid and begs you to let her come back. If anyone should be seeing a shrink its her. So pray alot and enjoy the break from her and whatever she did to convince you to see a counselor.

Maybe you haven't followed this entire thread, I don't know. In her mind, she had to leave, and that is justification enough. It wasn't an easy decision, I can assure you that.

We saw our pastor yesterday, and while naturally he doesn't condone divorce, he comforted her in her decision to get some space for now. All of the issues have built up in her and she has reached the breaking point. My about face has scared her, and I can understand her viewpoint. While I wish she were at home, I can use the time without the tension and distractions to concentrate on my spiritual health.

She isn't being stupid, and she will never beg to come home, nor would I expect that. When the Holy Spirit prevails upon her, and she decides to come home, it will be like the prodigal son in a way. She is my wife and I will always love her, no matter what she has done. She is the mother of our children and we will always share that. I will welcome her with open arms, and not look back, only forward.

I am continuing in counseling regardless of what she does. At present, she isn't going anymore, but that is entirely up to her. If future circumstances dictate that we have joint counseling, that would be terrific. But I can only control my own decisions.

Thankfully, prayer is now a large part of my daily life. For that, no matter what, I will always thank her.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Sugarjay

Jul 12, 2006
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
HisWillTew said:
Maybe you haven't followed this entire thread, I don't know. In her mind, she had to leave, and that is justification enough. It wasn't an easy decision, I can assure you that.

We saw our pastor yesterday, and while naturally he doesn't condone divorce, he comforted her in her decision to get some space for now. All of the issues have built up in her and she has reached the breaking point. My about face has scared her, and I can understand her viewpoint. While I wish she were at home, I can use the time without the tension and distractions to concentrate on my spiritual health.

She isn't being stupid, and she will never beg to come home, nor would I expect that. When the Holy Spirit prevails upon her, and she decides to come home, it will be like the prodigal son in a way. She is my wife and I will always love her, no matter what she has done. She is the mother of our children and we will always share that. I will welcome her with open arms, and not look back, only forward.

I am continuing in counseling regardless of what she does. At present, she isn't going anymore, but that is entirely up to her. If future circumstances dictate that we have joint counseling, that would be terrific. But I can only control my own decisions.

Thankfully, prayer is now a large part of my daily life. For that, no matter what, I will always thank her.

Peace.
HisWillTew,
I know things are rough for you right now and there does not seem to be light at the end of the tunnel sometimes. I can assure you there is. I am hurting as you and I are in a very simular situation. The mindset you have is the best you can do for you, your kids and the restoration of your marriage. Just know God loves you.

God Bless!!

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
HisWillTew said:

Maybe you're right. I guess its possible your wife had a good reason to leave you and break up the intact family your children had.:confused:

I guess some things are just beyond my meager understanding.

Upvote 0