Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I woke at 1am to her calling me in distress. 4 minutes later at most she was staring at the ceiling gone. Horrible. You don't know how much you really really love someone till they're gone and you absolutely know they aren't waking up.. But I believe the Lord gave me a vision of her in heaven ( seriously). Even if it's my own imagination I'm hanging my hat on that picture anyway not the one I saw Sunday morning.

Wow I am in sorrow just reading about this... Am praying for your comfort and support in the Lord.

1 Thess 4:13-18 is the Bible comfort that Paul said should be given at times like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bless both of you! You know she is with Jesus now and no longer suffering. The suffering is with you may God give you peace soon. What a gift he gave you seeing she is well in heaven. The suffering begins with those left behind that love her. I pray Jesus will be there with you to hold you up! A terrible time though for this tragedy.
God bless you and your family always.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I woke at 1am to her calling me in distress. 4 minutes later at most she was staring at the ceiling gone. Horrible. You don't know how much you really really love someone till they're gone and you absolutely know they aren't waking up.. But I believe the Lord gave me a vision of her in heaven ( seriously). Even if it's my own imagination I'm hanging my hat on that picture anyway not the one I saw Sunday morning.

Like others here, I'm sorry to hear that your wife has passed. Blessings in Christ be upon both her and you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear of your loss. I am 86 and have had two spouses to die and I know what a loss that it is. God is a great comforter, and I know that you know him well. I pray that he gives you comfort in your grieving process.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Im so sorry for your loss. You're right, we normally don't, miss people a lot until they're gone. I've lost close people to me before too, but all death gets healed eventually and I'm sure she's with Christ now. That's the only thing keeping me going is the living hope I and those who I've lost have with Jesus Christ. You'll both be in my prayers though.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If I knew how to paint or even draw well, the picture could be hung on the wall. Face to face with Jesus surrounded in a white vignette, her long blond hair like I would see her in the back yard through the kitchen windows feeding wild turkeys, making turkey sounds to them and them following her around,melding with Gods creation out in her backyard all around her gardens. If there is wildlife in heaven God has her in charge of them, she loves the Lord and His creation so. I doubt that changes lol.

But as time goes here on earth it's nothing compared to eternity. Looking at it in that perspective it won't be that long before the vision I see is reality.

You guys are awesome,thank you all so much !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If I knew how to paint or even draw well, the picture could be hung on the wall. Face to face with Jesus surrounded in a white vignette, her long blond hair like I would see her in the back yard through the kitchen windows feeding wild turkeys, making turkey sounds to them and them following her around,melding with Gods creation out in her backyard all around her gardens. If there is wildlife in heaven God has her in charge of them, she loves the Lord and His creation so. I doubt that changes lol.

But as time goes here on earth it's nothing compared to eternity. Looking at it in that perspective it won't be that long before the vision I see is reality.

You guys are awesome,that you all so much !

You're welcome, helping you get through this is the least we can do. I would be devastated if my wife was gone too. I mean we're together 24/7 so it would be like losing a part of myself.

I can't draw or sing or do really anything either dont feel bad. You'll always have your memories of you guys being together. My mom's dad died almost 10 years ago. He was a pretty devout Catholic who was crazy about Jesus. I remember times before he died that I got to babysit him after he had his 2nd stroke and was pretty disabled. The entire family came down because we thought he was going to die that day. He ended up dying a few years later but I still remember talking to him crying and I asked him if he knew who I was and he said "yeah you're kathy's boy" (Kathy is my mom's name) I was surprised because my grandfather and I were never close and at that point he was really senile the strokes did a big number on him. He was a miserable old man who drank way too much and was mean and I hadn't converted to Christianity yet at that time so we never really got along. He kept telling me to come to Jesus and he never lived to see me do so.

So I was surprised he remembered me so ill never forget it. I'll never forget most of the time I got to spend with my grandfather when he was nice and quit drinking. We always have our memories of them before we are united once more. His wife is still alive and the only grandparent I have left.

It will take time to heal but you'll get there and you will see her again. Death is not the final exit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You guys are awesome,thank you all so much !

Imagine the look on her face when she sees Jesus face to face for the very first time "in person". She will think "just a moment ago I was crying out for help and now here I am face to face with my Savior".

Just imagine the joy it would be - to be standing by her side with your arm around her as that happens!! "what joy that would be" we can all rejoice with you..

And what "joy" for a parent who lost a small infant -- when they discover that they in fact will not miss the next birthday of their baby - but in fact will be right there for it. All emotional wounds healed. "exceedingly abundantly beyond all they had hoped"

God said he can so arrange time and eternity to do "exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think". Eph 3:20.

"well Yes that would be nice..." you say "but I see that my timeline continues on and I am not there"..

Just like Martha said to Jesus "I know he will rise again on the last day" John 11.

Jesus had a surprise for Martha... He has one for you as well. It is in the Word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry for your loss. You were blessed by having someone you loved and who loved you, remember the good times. Trust Jesus He will take good care of her.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I play piano/keyboard. After devotionals, scripture readings and prayer I've been leading but we all share in (with my daughters, some friends and one son in law), one day this past week I decided to sit at my keyboard and just see what came to me. A piece of music developed in the key of D, I added chorus and finally strings. Everyone including myself was in tears, we each saw a different thing as I played, all related to Dawn in spirit, heaven etc. I visioned the sound of that music making it to heaven, well Dawn is in heaven and if this is true she heard it. She loved these kinds of pieces that just come to me, it's a gift that was added to my piano playing maybe 6 years or so ago that gave her much joy.

In this household the big day of the Christmas season is Christmas eve afternoon and evening which of course was yesterday. We did limit it to 8 people plus myself throughout that time. In Dawns death the Holy Spirit in this house has absolutely been on fire all week. Yesterday as well. As a result I had some moments where things were a little rough but not lasting and the sounds of people in the house on our favorite holiday was a joy. I actually was able to do a few things yesterday and will do a few more today, other than spiritual matters it wasn't even a consideration earlier in the week. That's a blessing. Dawn and I were blessed with a wonderful family, our children and grands are priceless. They will be told more often how much Dad/grandpa loves them.

Thank you all so much, I can't respond to every message but each of you should know how much I appreciate each one.. Dawn in life and in spirit has touched so many people, everyone but everyone loved her and she knew so so many people. She could have a tough crust at times but when you knew that sweet side you knew her heart was bigger than this house. She carried the love of God in her. Absent from the body is to be present with God, she instantly that day no longer sees through a glass darkly in this world but all of heaven is seen perfectly before her very eyes now. We rejoice for her in her new state, we just have to process on this side of heavens gates and get through it all. But she in the physical world was a woman of wonder, she marveled at everything, I can't even imagine her marvel there ! God bless her.

And lastly, Merry Christmas to you all !

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Merry Christmas Dave to you and your family and to everyone on the thread. I am so glad to hear that our family is with you for Christmas. A small taste of the "great family reunion" for the saints at the second coming.

At that day we will say -- "o death where is thy sting?"

1 Cor 15:54 But when this perishable puts on the imperishable, and this mortal puts on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written: “Death has been swallowed up in victory. 55 Where, O Death, is your victory? Where, O Death, is your sting?”

The sting of death is separation. And it is the survivors that experience that loss and separation.

Think of how our departed loved ones will console and comfort us for having had to endure the days and nights of the pain of separation from them... when they themselves never had to experienced separation from us.. And yet what a comfort it will be for us that they were spared all of it and were immediately taken to the presence of Christ with we ourselves at their side.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, our loss is God's gain, as those in Christ are before His throne in worship, seeing face to face what we will one day alongside them see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Merry Christmas Dave to you and your family and to everyone on the thread. I am so glad to hear that our family is with you for Christmas. A small taste of the "great family reunion" for the saints at the second coming.

At that day we will say -- "o death where is thy sting?"

1 Cor 15:54 But when this perishable puts on the imperishable, and this mortal puts on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written: “Death has been swallowed up in victory. 55 Where, O Death, is your victory? Where, O Death, is your sting?”

The sting of death is separation. And it is the survivors that experience that loss and separation.

Think of how our departed loved ones will console and comfort us for having had to endure the days and nights of the pain of separation from them... when they themselves never had to experienced separation from us.. And yet what a comfort it will be for us that they were spared all of it and were immediately taken to the presence of Christ with we ourselves at their side.
Amen to all that !

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Just saw this and want to add my love and support as I grieve for my spouse on her birthday. The feeling of loss never goes away but the pain.....little by little gives way to happy memories.

God bless you and your wife Dawn. Bless the family you sired with her and bless the work that the two of you do. Yes, she does this work with you still as God's servant in heaven. May you see her again one day in her perfect form and share perfect love.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Just saw this and want to add my love and support as I grieve for my spouse on her birthday. The feeling of loss never goes away but the pain.....little by little gives way to happy memories.

God bless you and your wife Dawn. Bless the family you sired with her and bless the work that the two of you do. Yes, she does this work with you still as God's servant in heaven. May you see her again one day in her perfect form and share perfect love.
Well, we celebrate their lives and having known them in their old flesh state on earth for the amazing time we did have with them. I celebrate Dawn's new state in heaven. While I miss her here I figure things out as she has gone home ahead of me, nobody ever imagined she would be first since everyone chases ambulances after me periodically !!! When your time is up, you go home. Nobody knows their expiration date.

Thank you so much for reaching out and God bless you too on this birthday day !

Upvote 0