Southern US
✟394,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have heard a story similar to yours where I think the person telling me really saw their departed loved one for a brief moment. My grandmother's best friend Nix said back in the 1920s when she used to read her bible by candle light before going to bed as a child, one night not long after her grandmother died, she was standing there by the foot of her bed after the candle went out if only for a second as a way to let Nix know she was in a better place, so I do not dispute what you saw. I don't think its common and has never happened to anyone else I have know, but my grandmother's friend would not tell such a story to only a child (me) if she really didn't see her grandmother. I think sometimes the Lord permits such special events for special people in special times, and thus I encourage you to hang onto what you saw and keep it as a pearl.

I only have shared this story with a handful of people but I hope it brings you some peace and edification for the glorious reunion we will one day experience with all over loved ones with the Lord.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have heard a story similar to yours where I think the person telling me really saw their departed loved one for a brief moment. My grandmother's best friend Nix said back in the 1920s when she used to read her bible by candle light before going to bed as a child, one night not long after her grandmother died, she was standing there by the foot of her bed after the candle went out if only for a second as a way to let Nix know she was in a better place, so I do not dispute what you saw. I don't think its common and has never happened to anyone else I have know, but my grandmother's friend would not tell such a story to only a child (me) if she really didn't see her grandmother. I think sometimes the Lord permits such special events for special people in special times, and thus I encourage you to hang onto what you saw and keep it as a pearl.

I only have shared this story with a handful of people but I hope it brings you some peace and edification for the glorious reunion we will one day experience with all over loved ones with the Lord.
Thank you. Yes what I've seen will never leave me, it's assuring.

I'm just now starting to get moving again really. And people want me to get to Baltimore next week for church missions convention. Not sure on that, I've barely been a town or two over from here and Baltimore is a 9-12 hour trip depending on traffic lol ! I have been able to keep up with pastors needs for recordings for local cable tv but, and another in zoom bible studies ( I know about ten pastors at least). That's really kept me going honestly. Been sick ( expected, you get weak in these times) but I feel stronger since Dawns celebration of life service we had back in May. Again, thanks for your message !

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost my dad recently. Our loss is heaven's gain. You will see your wife again in heaven. Praise the Lord.
I had a hard time getting past my dads passing. In some ways more difficult than this time in my wife's passing ( course this isn't done yet either, some days I simply can't believe she is gone as I get that little aftershock). Well they don't compare really. But it has been God who came through in both cases. He reminds us that He is in control, there is nothing we can do about certain details as it's a done deal, He is King of kings and Lord of lords over all.

Thank you and may God bless you and ease your path forward as well. Amen

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Praying that you will continue to grow in peace, as you go through the different stages of grief. They can be very trying, but God is always good and His grace is sufficient. :sunflower:

• Friendly
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brother, I know it's been a while for you now. Sorry I had not seen your post before. I just now came back on here to look for posts from widows / widowers to provide whatever comfort I can. Let me tell you about the dream of my wife after she passed. But before I do a little back story. We never had children, at least succesfully. We lost 2 pregnancies to miscarriage. a boy and girl twins, and a boy. The twins would be maybe 8 years old by now, the boy would be 4 if he made it full term. I dreamt I saw her, and I always thought my wife was a beautiful woman, but more beautiful than I had ever seen her before. in a gorgeous meadow, like some kind of beautiful park in the mountains but more, perfect. She was walking along, with 3 children, a boy and a girl about 8, and a little boy about 4. And she was walking with a man, that looked like the Akiane Kremarik painting Prince of Peace, he was telling her something, stopped walking, and signalled to her and the children to come over to me. They came up to me, and hugged me, and she whispered in my ear "Mi amor, its's okay, we are all here with him, and we are fine, we will be here when you come". I held on as long as I could, but when I pulled back a little just to look at her face her, the children, everything just faded into a mist. Now I don't know if that is my mind playing games with me missing my wife, I don't know if it really was Jesus in a way I would recognize him giving her permission to give me a message of peace. I don't know what it is. But for my own sanity I am going with the latter.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Brother, I know it's been a while for you now. Sorry I had not seen your post before. I just now came back on here to look for posts from widows / widowers to provide whatever comfort I can. Let me tell you about the dream of my wife after she passed. But before I do a little back story. We never had children, at least succesfully. We lost 2 pregnancies to miscarriage. a boy and girl twins, and a boy. The twins would be maybe 8 years old by now, the boy would be 4 if he made it full term. I dreamt I saw her, and I always thought my wife was a beautiful woman, but more beautiful than I had ever seen her before. in a gorgeous meadow, like some kind of beautiful park in the mountains but more, perfect. She was walking along, with 3 children, a boy and a girl about 8, and a little boy about 4. And she was walking with a man, that looked like the Akiane Kremarik painting Prince of Peace, he was telling her something, stopped walking, and signalled to her and the children to come over to me. They came up to me, and hugged me, and she whispered in my ear "Mi amor, its's okay, we are all here with him, and we are fine, we will be here when you come". I held on as long as I could, but when I pulled back a little just to look at her face her, the children, everything just faded into a mist. Now I don't know if that is my mind playing games with me missing my wife, I don't know if it really was Jesus in a way I would recognize him giving her permission to give me a message of peace. I don't know what it is. But for my own sanity I am going with the latter.
Dave, I'd hang on to that dream and believe it was a vision delivered to you for just the purposes you describe. Whether you really saw them or the dream of it was delivered to you isn't important but that you received it is very important to your peace of mind and assurance. All is well and God is in control. Be blessed by it and hold on to it as the treasure it is. These things I believe are tailored to fit a need inside of us who are still here on earth in these earthly vessels.

Upvote 0