My veiw on creationism

mike the wiz

Aug 27, 2010
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Hi. What do you think points to evolution?

I would agree there is truth to natural selection and mutations, but not evolution. The mechanisms are true, but the philosophy isn't.

The problem is what you define "evidence" as. we can find things that point to almost any theory, but at the end of the day the facts speak for themselves. For example, your cells synthesize one million chemical compounds every second. No human design comes close.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
we can find things that point to almost any theory, but at the end of the day the facts speak for themselves. For example, your cells synthesize one million chemical compounds every second. No human design comes close.

What does that 'fact' say when it speaks to you?

Upvote 0

grace24

Jul 30, 2010
✟37,210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All around the world people believe in creationism. but all around the world there are obvious things that are point to evolution not just 'belief and so called miracles'. Now we can have a disscusion. :thumbsup:

Look around you and see that 90% of the things you see that is around you has a creator.

The other 10% is yet to be defined. What is yet to be defined also has a creator. Just that our limited minds and limited time does not allow us to have an answer for those 10%. :wave:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All around the world people believe in creationism. but all around the world there are obvious things that are point to evolution not just 'belief and so called miracles'.
I believe evolution runs just so far, then can't go any further; something I like to call limited evolution, for lack of a better term.

Upvote 0

Rudolph Hucker

Jun 26, 2007
Canberra ACT
✟19,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
All around the world people believe in creationism.....

That is a hell of a leap!

By far the majority of the world do NOT believe in creation.

The majority believing in creation is reserved for USA and the Moslem world.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By far the majority of the world do NOT believe in creation.
You mean the majority of the world alive?

I realize her remark was pertinent to those alive today, but in reality, who came first, creationists or scientists? creationists or atheists? creationists or evolutionists?

At one point in time, 100% of the world's population were creationists; but when the abovementioned ... trinity showed up, creationism took a hit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,135.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I believe evolution runs just so far, then can't go any further; something I like to call limited evolution, for lack of a better term.

I believe you have diddly bupkiss as far as evidence to back up this "limited evolution" idea and that all the evidence points to the completely opposite conclusion. But at least your ideas are consistently wrong.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,135.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I realize her remark was pertinent to those alive today, but in reality, who came first, creationists or scientists? creationists or atheists? creationists or evolutionists?

At one point in time, 100% of the world's population were creationists; but when the abovementioned ... trinity showed up, creationism took a hit.

In reality? That would be atheists. :wave:

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

That's what happens when an intelligent species advances their knowledge. Religious myths and superstitions begin to take a hike through consequence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree that belief in something does not actually make it true ...
That's very open-minded of you!
..and I'd also like to see evidence for evolution that does not include natural selection, ...
The theory of evolution is an explanation for observed phenomena. What you are asking for is like asking for a three-legged stool with only two legs.
... which merely arranges and collects information, ...
Natural selection does not arrange and collect information.
... and mutation, which actually removes information
Mutation may add, change or remove information.

You seem to be using non-standard definitions. What do you think "natural selection" is? What do you think "mutation" is? Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide us with your definition of those terms?

:confused:

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Care to show us this limit in action?

It's very simple and it works like this:

P1) The Bible is true above everything else
P2) The Bible indicates that the world is around 6,000ish years old
P3) Evolution needs hundreds millions of years to work to the level it has

C1) Evolution hasn't had enough time to do its thing

Upvote 0