Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟17,737.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
But who was in the "Pew Research Center" poll? Was it fair, or did each group only have one representitive? Did they measure each science field by according to its relative size?

So everybody except AiG are guilty untill proven innocent?
Can't you see you are being misled by a small group of conspiracy theorists why are claiming everybody else is misled? They are only abusing your faith throwing up a false dichotomy of "God VS Evolution" While that is blatently untrue.

Faith in a testable, observable and verifiable God! What else does it need?
I'm sure god did not come down the mountain to personally tell you "You know this evolution thing? Bunk, I didnt create it"
For most christians evolution is simply HOW god did it.

Upvote 0

roach

Jul 31, 2011
✟15,365.00
Faith
Atheist

I'm having trouble understanding what this could possibly mean. ?Faith? in a testable, observable, verifiable god? If god is testable, observable and verifiable it wouldn't be faith anymore, would it? I think if you admit faith is not as important to you as a reasonable level of belief based on testable, verifiable, observable evidence, we could have a real substantive debate. Just a thought...

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
But who was in the "Pew Research Center" poll? Was it fair, or did each group only have one representitive? Did they measure each science field by according to its relative size?

Might I suggest trying it another way. How many scientific research papers published in scientific journals that discuss evolution are there that refute evolution? I think you will find that that 1% number you reject does not increase, but decreases to 0%.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
he New Answers Book 2, Chapter 23 (AiG)
1) There is no proof that the earth ever had an atmosphere composed of the gases used by Miller in his experiment.

Give me something that does, or show where this interpretation is wrong.

There is substantial proof. Used in the Urey-Miller Experiment were CO, H2O, NH3, CH4 & H2.

From: Atmospheric composition and climate on the early Earth".
http://www.csun.edu/~hmc60533/CSUN_311/article_references/Sc_Feb93_EarthEarlyAtmos.pdf

Page 1 and throughout the paper these gases and concentrations are discussed thoroughly.

CH4, NH3, CO2, O2, H2,

This is also supported by a number of other papers to which I can provide links.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Faith isn't tested exactly, not in the empirical sense. Faith is a determined confidence that is actually a level of confidence in the absence of observable and verifiable acts and characteristics of God. Believers are persuaded on a personal level just as everyone who comes into the world has the light of revelation persuading and convicting them, sometimes defending sometimes accusing.

Yes, God can be tested and at times even observable but that is not the role of faith. Faith is the substance of things unseen, the evidence of things hoped for. The requirement for empirical testing hardly seems compatible with someone who believes God exists and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

Not sure I disagree with what you said but I'm really not crazy about how you said it, really all I wanted to say.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what do you mean?

The mechanics of evolution aren't invincible to all possible enviornmental catastrophes. Speciation doesn't occur if there are none of the species, genetic flow and drift don't occur when there is no humans to carry that genetic information. Etc.

I was replying to AV, noting that yeah, evolution is limited, just like everything else, to the realm of possibility. But the realm of possibility is larger than he could ever even fathom.

Upvote 0