Aug 18, 2003
BC
Visit site
✟382,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For the last year my marriage has been painful, we fought all the time, in the last six months he started gambling extensively he took all the money we had left, I couldnt pay bills it was so frustrating. Finally he told me that he didnt want to change he enjoyed gambling and he was going to sell our house and pay off my car and I could leave. So I quit a job I loved, took my daughter out of school and moved back to my Moms that was 3 weeks ago. The week before I left I found a cell phone bill with a bunch of texts on his phone he told me it was nothing that he had been flirting with a coffee girl they texted for awhile then he told her he was married and they never actually met. Some of those texts were late in the night when he was gambling and I was sitting at home stressed not able to sleep because he would not answer my calls. We have two kids, my son stayed with him to finish out the school year and I have never been away from him.

Now he calls me today and tells me he is depressed and wants me to come home. I am angry, how could he put me through this make me leave everything, my job, my life there and then weeks later change his mind. I am incredibly hurt over the girl and not sure I can forgive him or even trust him again. I dont know what to do, I told him I could not say yes right now.

IKTCA

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2003
✟18,959.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
He is regretting now. It's a good beginning.

Gambling, drug, alcohol, and extramarital affairs are deeply rooted in evil. It takes a genuine repentance before the Lord Jesus to be freed of the evil grip. If his regret is of human origin, his regret will be short lived. Is he a believer?

Upvote 0

faith177

growing
Aug 18, 2003
BC
Visit site
✟382,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
well it was short lived, I just looked at his banking and he gambled that day, and then every day since until he ran out of money. It is so sad how do people break out of this. I just pray that he breaks this before he loses everything, I wanted it so bad to be true I thought maybe we could work towards reconciliation but not if he wont change these behaviors. please pray for him

Reactions: Crystal~Rose
Upvote 0

4Christ2

Sep 14, 2006
✟15,736.00
Faith
Christian
Praying for him sister. This is a time for you to get closer to the Lord. Seek Him and His peace and His guidance. God can and will change his heart but it will take true repentence on your husband's part. This can only come about by pulling down the strongholds that bind him. Put on the whole armor of God and remember that we wrestle not against flesh but against principalities, rulers of the darkness in heavenly places. I join with you in casting out this evil in the mighty Name of Jesus! Sis 4C

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

luckyykid

Oct 10, 2006
CT
✟7,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is professional help specific to gambling addiction.

CHeck out: http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

It may take an intervention by his family (not sure if you would want to be involved) to get him to seek help.

Unfortunately, I really don't have any great advice on his flirting, however, I would expect that to be addressed before I accepted him back. Not to mention that I would want to make sure he understood what a committment was, considering that he doesn't seem to think "long term" at all...he seems to be in a "right here right now" mentality and doesn't consider consequences at all in his decison making.

Upvote 0

4Christ2

Sep 14, 2006
✟15,736.00
Faith
Christian
ty I did get your pm it was very interesting lots to think about I will respond but would like to read it again. ty for taking the time to respond.
You are very welcome my sister. Praying for you too!
I know you're in a very painful place right now. I thought I'd never recover from my ex's treachery..but our Lord is able and will restore us to His glory!
:bow: :wave:

Upvote 0