Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of my first jobs when I was a kid was working for a person who had been an orphan and illiterate. Business sense is earned by doing because you can't find it in a textbook, a lot of businesses in the 40s/50s started in a similar manner. The company grew to over 100 outlets at one time and is still operating to this day albeit struggling somewhat, the man was Vic Cassano Sr and the company Cassano's Pizza King.

I knew a man who founded a successful insurance company. He revealed that he knew he could never attain the standard of living he desired by working, and he didn't want to go to college, but he found that he had a talent for sales.

I on the other hand love working with my hands (you might as well kill me as put me behind a desk to shuffle papers). So I saved up and bought an apartment building, which turned out to be a profitable venture and a pleasure to manage...lots of 'hand work'. At no time did the banks I borrowed from ask to see my college degree. All they looked at was the numbers.

I was older at that time so I didn't expand beyond one building, but in the 18 years I owned it I could have bought most of the other apartment buildings on that block and had my own little real estate empire.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0