San Antonio
✟30,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus did not condemn every single scribe and Pharisee, as there were some who did come to believe. His condemnation was directed at every single scribe, Pharisee, Sadducee, or priest that were false teachers. The false teachers in the days of Jesus were not the only false teachers ever! Throughout history, there have always been false teachers among God's chosen people, Jew or Gentile, O.T, N.T. today, and there have always been far more false teachers than teachers of the truth. The false teachers today do the same exact things as the false teachers do in Scripture.
Here is an interesting verse that shows that what was going on in the days of Isaiah is still going on today.
Isa 3:12, "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and WOMEN RULE OVER THEM. O my people, they who lead thee (political leaders and religious teachers) cause thee to err, and destroy the way of the paths. "The women have rule over them," who are the "them?" The men! Why do you think Paul refused, rejected and forbade women to be preachers? 1Tim 2:12-14! This was not a "cultural" issue restricted to only those days! Why did Paul say women were not to teach? Because they are easily deceived! In the "Christian/Evangelical" world, how many "women bible teachers" are there? How many wives are called co-pastors? How many church buildings have a woman as the main, or only "pastor?"
In what is kept very hush-hush is the fact that many women over the years have usurped the God-given authority of men to be the leaders and the only ones authorized to teach God's word. The majority of adult people attending "church services" are women. Is it because fewer men want to go to church? No! It is because the women have taken control of the church buildings and have turned the teaching of Scripture into a feminized, sissy event! That is why there is so much music and songs! That is why there is a huge emphasis on the "children." That is why many of the sermons are done with a soft voice. That is why there is so much emphasis on love, forgiveness, and prayer. It is not that men are against singing or music, but the main, most important reason a regular man wants to go to a church building is to hear bible teaching, not to hear music or sing songs! These days, equal or more time is devoted to music, and singing than to "preaching." In the average service, there is a slice of time allowed for teaching, the "sermon," and God help the "pastor" who would dare to go past his allotted time. But in that same service, there will be two or more times where there will be singing or music!
There is a concept floating about that "Christian/Evangelical" women are "Fierce." There are "Christian/Evangelical" books about this, "FierceWomen" by Kimberly Wagner, '"Men who Love Fierce Women," by Leroy and Kimberly Wagner, "Fierce" a woman's bible study by Jennifer Cowart, "Ferocious: A devotional For Fierce Females" by EmmaSara McMillion. Do you know how fierce is defined? One definition sums it up, "having or displaying an intense or ferocious aggressiveness. To what is the word fierce most associated with? Savage animals in the wild! You women are comparing yourselves to wild animals? Please show me anywhere in Scripture that a godly woman is fierce or to be fierce? Show me one example of a godly woman being fierce? If you read Pro 31:10-12, 1Pet 3:1-6, 1Tim 3:11 and Tit 2:3-5, it is easy to see that being a "fierce" woman is completely antithetical to what Scripture teaches about what a godly woman is and how she behaves! I have heard interviews with "fierce" women on the radio. One of the most common themes expressed by "fierce" women is that it is only by their efforts, working with their husbands that a man will become a godly husband! That "fierce" women have to "back off and "allow" their husbands to become godly husbands! It is not just in the church buildings and services that "Christian/Evangelical" women dominate, they also do it in the home! We've all seen this with our own eyes! A godly woman will not dominate or try to dominate their husbands, sons, or any man! I am not a misogynist, nor do I believe that women are second-class citizens, inferior to men, are to be treated as property, or are to be abused or mistreated as wives! Godly men are to honor their wives, treat them with respect and deal with them as a fragile treasure, 1Pet 3:7. According to Paul, Eph 5:33, husbands are to love and treat their wives as their own body while wives are to show respect to their husbands.
I didn't intend to write about this, but when I reread Isa 3:12, I felt moved to address it. As in all of my studies, I always try to show that the "Christian/Evangelical" world is not of Scripture, is man-made, is a world religion and is as far away from Scripture as "Mein Kampf" is from the "Declaration of Independence." It is not just the men in the "Christian/Evangelical" world who hold all of the guilt!
Yesterday on a "Christian" radio station, throughout the day, these are some of the statements and comments made.
"Christ changes what you think, Christ changes what you feel." Unbiblical!
"Jesus came down to earth that we might call him Lord." Unbiblical!
"You can outlaw prayer but you can't keep people from praying." Nothing to do with Scripture!
"The Lordship of Jesus." Not taught in Scripture.
"Are you praying before your feet hit the ground?" Unbiblical!
"100 verses that made America." Nothing to do with Scripture!
"Four mega clues that the return of Jesus is nearer than ever." A book of false teaching.
A man was introduced as a "Church ministries representative" Huh? What is that or where is that found in Scripture?
"God has a specific purpose for your life." False teaching!
"Having a difficult conversation with your teen." And exactly how does that fit in with Scripture?
"A loose connection is keeping your prayer from being answered." Really, is that what Scripture teaches, or is that even found in Scripture?
I showed these to point out the complete disconnect between Gentile Pharisees, "Christian" speakers, and teachers from Scripture. It is not enough that they don't know Scripture or are 100% clueless as to what Scripture teaches, no, they have to make things up! One of the most effective tricks of false teaching is to tie how patriotic you are to being of equal importance as your faith! This allows those who don't claim to be preachers to get in on the "Christian/Evangelical" act and the right to equally beg for money. Your life as a believer has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with how "patriotic" you are!
(I am listening to a "church service" on the radio. Within the first fifteen minutes, there were three times where music and singing occurred. Now the "sermon" has started and guess what the "sermon" is about? The seven churches in Revelation! Again and again with the book of Revelation! Have you noticed how often the book of Revelation is taught on? Not that there is not a place to teach on Revelation, nor should it be ignored. But it is not the most important book in Scripture! They love to teach on the book of Revelation because they can stretch it out over many, many months! And if they are teaching Revelation, they aren't teaching the more important things in Scripture, like God's sovereignty or false teaching! How many of you have heard a sermon series on God's sovereignty? This is tragic and criminal because the first and foremost thing people need to understand about Scripture is the sovereignty of God! Everything in Scripture ties to God's sovereignty and everything needs to understand that everything in Scripture flows out of God's sovereignty!)

Mat 23:14, (Mk 12:40, Lk 20:47) What did Jesus mean when he said, "You devour widows' houses?" Devour comes from the Greek word katesthio, which means to devour, eat. We understand that Jesus did not mean the Pharisees "physically" consumed the physical houses of widows. But there is a metaphorical meaning to the Greek word, to forcibly appropriate widows' property. Widows and orphans were the least protected in Jewish society. There were no organizations looking out for and protecting the widows. The Pharisees had devised a "legal" way rip off widows. When the Pharisees learned that a widow was sickly or near death, they would swoop in and con or pressure the widow to donate their property to the "Temple," and walk out with the title deed! In some cases, the widows would be evicted before they passed away. But the property didn't actually become the property of the "Temple." It was actually controlled by the Pharisees! They not only conned the widows, but they were also ripping off the widow's offspring, who under Jewish Law, should have inherited the property! Once the title deed was signed over to the "Temple," the heirs had no legal means to recover the property! The Pharisees could legally transfer the assets of the widows into their own accounts! Then Jesus said, the Pharisees made a big show of prayer by doing long, "holy", "pious" prayers, in the sight of men!
Make no mistake, The corrupt Pharisees (I could easily use some secular cuss words here) were so very greedy!
With this understanding, I want to debunk another big lie used by the Gentile Pharisees in their never-ending quest to get more and more money from their followers. "The widows' mite," 12:41-44, Lk 21:1-4. You are all aware of this account and without a doubt, you were taught that "Jesus commended the widow for giving all that she had and that she was showing that she completely trusted God to take care of her needs. In that, she gave more, percentage-wise, compared to those who gave out of their abundance because she gave "all that she had"
What had God established concerning the needy widows in or among the Israel nation? Since the Pharisees claimed to obey God, and follow the Law, then whatever God taught in the O.T., the Pharisees would be bound to do, correct?
Deut 14:29 Every three years the tithe was to be given to the Levites, who would keep a tenth for themselves, and the rest was to be used for feeding those in need, the stranger, the fatherless and the widows, within the land, they shall come and eat. God said He would bless those who obeyed this command.
Deut 15:11. God said that there would always be poor people in the land, so the Jews were to help out the poor among the people of Israel.
Deut 26:12-13. Every three years, the tithe is given to the Levites, and to feed the needy within the land. After having obeyed God, they were to verbally say..."I have not transgressed thy commandments, neither have I forgotten them (The poor)

Psalm 41:1
Isa 58:6-7
Mal 3:10, "Bring you all the tithes (not the entire tithe from all of the land. The people of Israel were to give their tithe to the Levites. The Levites were then to take 10% of what they were given and take it to the Temple, Neh 10:38. The tithe taken to the Temple was to feed the priests and the poor) into the storehouses, (of the Temple), that there may be FOOD in my house.
James 1:27, "Pure religion and undefiled is this, to visit (take care of) the orphans and widows.
God had clearly established that the Jews were to take care of poor Jews, especially the strangers, the widows and the orphans within the land. By extension, believers today are to take care of needy believers within their congregation. I wonder how many Gentile Pharisees either quote this verse or do a teaching on it? I would expect not many "pastors" even read it and probably almost none teach on it because if the members of a church understood that they were personally responsible for helping needy believers in the same church body, and if Brother Joe, who made good money, found out that single mom Sister Alice, needed $500.00 for a car repair and paid for the car repair, why that $500.00 would not end up in the hands of the church. We can't have that, can we? If Joe had given the $500.00 to the church, do you think or believe for one second that the church would have paid for the car repair?
So, were the Pharisees practicing this command of God? NO! Rather than helping out the poor and needy, The Pharisees were taking from the poor and needy. And what was their most effective way to squeeze money out of poor people? Three of the main tenets the Pharisees were, Praying, Fasting and the giving of Alms, (giving money) Does any of that sound familiar? What are three of the biggest themes in church buildings today? Praying, Fasting and Giving money. The Catholic Church teaches that the three pillars of Lent are, Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving! The Temple in the days of Jesus had extraordinary wealth and could have easily fed all of the poor in and around Jerusalem, kind of like the Vatican is today. And, like the Vatican, worth over $4,000,000,000!, rather than using its wealth to actually do something, the Temple just kept taking and taking amd taking. Scripture teaches that for greedy people, no matter how much money a person has, it is never enough. They always want more! Look at all of the wealthy people throughout history. At some point they amass more money than they could ever spend in three lifetimes. When they reach that point, do they retire and simply enjoy life? NO! They keep striving to make more and more money until they die. Lk 16:14, covetous, (lovers of money), 1Tim 6:5, "Perverse disputing of men with corrupt men and destitute of truth, supposing that gain is godliness.

To be continued

deut

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
The N.T. is Jewish...

Due to the divided kingdom of Solomon, Benjamin was grafted into the tribe of Judah... making them both what was called the house of Judah... and called the Kingdom of Judah in the iron age. So that when Paul uses the word Jew for himself and those he teaches, he is doing so from his grafted-into-Judah status.

But the Gospel of the Kingdom to the Lost Sheep of the house of Israel... called the 10-lost-tribes, and the Kingdom of Israel in the iron age... matches the texts in Isaiah 52:3-7 and Isaiah 59:21, as well as Deuteronomy 18:18-19 and John 12:44-50.

His condemnation was directed at every single scribe, Pharisee, Sadducee, or priest that were false teachers.

One Teacher

Matthew 23:8-10 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master: Christ, and all ye are brethren.[9] And call no [man] your father upon the Earth: for one is your Father, which is in Heaven.[10] Neither be ye called teachers: for one is your teacher: Christ.
kathegetes = guide, teacher, master.

One Shepherd

John 10:16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold, them also I must bring. And they shall hear My voice, and there shall be one fold, one shepherd.

Isa 3:12, "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and WOMEN RULE OVER THEM.

Isaiah 3:12 O My people, your exactors strip you, and extortioners rule over you: O My people, they that pronounce you blessed lead you astray, and pervert the path of your feet.LXX
12 λαός μου, οἱ πράκτορες ὑμῶν καλαμῶνται ὑμᾶς, καὶ οἱ ἀπαιτοῦντες κυριεύουσιν ὑμῶν· λαός μου, οἱ μακαρίζοντες ὑμᾶς πλανῶσιν ὑμᾶς καὶ τὸν τρίβον τῶν ποδῶν ὑμῶν ταράσσουσιν.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus did not condemn every single scribe and Pharisee, as there were some who did come to believe. His condemnation was directed at every single scribe, Pharisee, Sadducee, or priest that were false teachers. The false teachers in the days of Jesus were not the only false teachers ever! Throughout history, there have always been false teachers among God's chosen people, Jew or Gentile, O.T, N.T. today, and there have always been far more false teachers than teachers of the truth. The false teachers today do the same exact things as the false teachers do in Scripture.
Here is an interesting verse that shows that what was going on in the days of Isaiah is still going on today.
Isa 3:12, "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and WOMEN RULE OVER THEM. O my people, they who lead thee (political leaders and religious teachers) cause thee to err, and destroy the way of the paths. "The women have rule over them," who are the "them?" The men!

Yer jist makin stuff up. Women are far less easy to fool.
They have a sense for liars and deceivers than men do not have.
It's just a universally known fact. If your wife does not trust a man, listen to her.

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why did Paul say women were not to teach? Because they are easily deceived!
What about Abigail > 1 Samuel 25?

David was the one fooling himself, and Abigail helped to straighten him out, and he gave glory to the LORD for Abigail coming to help him. And later he married her.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a concept floating about that "Christian/Evangelical" women are "Fierce."
For genuine Christianity there are counterfeits. Likewise, there can be counterfeit evangelicals.
having or displaying an intense or ferocious aggressiveness.
What can help is if you get to know a real evangelical lady. Then you will know if the genuine ones are crazily aggressive and overbearing.

Of course, I do not personally know the ones the writers say are fierce; so I do not have any examples of the ones the writers mean.

I understand how ones might mean for a Christian lady to be aggressive against Satan's kingdom, aggressive in prayer to bring down Satan's kingdom.

But God's word does say . . . to leaders >

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

So, leaders are to be the way all of us need to be, following their good example. So, the leader is gentle and humble and submissive to God . . . as our example. Therefore, a man who is a leader is taking the lead in how the ladies need to live gently and humbly and submissively ¿:idea:?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Christ changes what you think, Christ changes what you feel." Unbiblical!
It depends on what you mean.

Jesus in us has changed us >

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

There is new thinking, and new feelings . . . because in God's love we are pleasing to God like Jesus is. And if God is pleased, He is feeling some kind of pleasure, right? And we inside ourselves can feel how Jesus is so kind and good and pleasing >

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

The feelings in Jesus Christ's love in us are not the same as what was going on in us while we loved selfishly as enemies of God. And Jesus in us creates much better thinking > in the mind of Christ > Philippians 2:5-11.

Therefore, it depends on what you mean by saying Jesus does not change our thinking and feelings. In His love, in any case, our feelings and thinking are much better than what we were going along with while sinners.

And, by the way, you do feel God's peace, if His peace is ruling in you > as we all are called to >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

If God's peace is guarding our "hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" > as our Apostle Paul guarantees, in Philippians 4:6-7 > we feel how we are not suffering in stress and depression and other nasty and cruel stuff. Jesus guarantees us, if we submit to Him > "you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30) We feel this sweet and pleasant and kind soul rest with Jesus.

And we did not change ourselves! If someone is saying that Jesus is not the One who has changed them . . . big mistake!!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isa 3:12, "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and WOMEN RULE OVER THEM. O my people, they who lead thee (political leaders and religious teachers) cause thee to err, and destroy the way of the paths. "The women have rule over them," who are the "them?" The men!

Except that they didn't.
Isaiah prophesied during the reigns of 4 kings, Isaiah 1:1 - there were men on the throne.

Why do you think Paul refused, rejected and forbade women to be preachers?

He didn't.
He had female co-workers, knew that Priscilla taught Apollos and asked Phoebe, a deacon, to take his letter to the church at Rome.

Because they are easily deceived!

Nope.
If we are so easily deceived why did God call a woman to be judge over all Israel, and call others to be prophets?

Upvote 0