My old CDs, no cluie what is on them, no info. playing through and guessing what it is

Did I have good or bad taste in music back in the day?

• Yes, sure did, mushy stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, dis is totally rad stuff, thy should be ordained a DJ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A game for myself, get to know my old self, and music quiz. Perhaps you get some songs you like. Mainly for some new folks I do an album review thing. But I am just so interested in guessing from what year the CDs are.

Jophnny something - going south of the border I think.
Jodeci forever my lady
Fill in the blank, a dude sings you got me saying my, my, my, thats all you got to do, yeah, yeah yeah. let me show you how sweet it is gonna be, or duming like dat. Good stuff.
Mary Chapin Carpenter - Love won't let you be, I think, might be a different title. This one helps me date the CD some. Think 2013.

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A song about being untouched, much ooh, ooh, ah ah, lala, gimme gimme gimme, do not think about what is right right, wrong wrong. Do not know this at all. I am leaning towards 2009 now. I was very untouched then, and wanted it back to normal, haha. Did some drugs back then, messy years. But interesting observation, and valuable lifelessons

Tom Petty - waiting is the hardest part. People, that one is brilliant. He does not have a good voice, but he makes it work, and some of his stuff is just top notch. Great poet, and just simple arrangements, but so very good. This could be a topic for the other thread. Why is it so simple and nothing special in the vocals, but just so good. Forever an enigma to me. Just something about how it rolls, like in rock n' roll I think. Some songs got that traintempo, tchuckatchuckatchucka

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That Pearl Jam vocalist singing Throw your arms around me, which is a Mark Seymore song, that is great. Seem to be a favourite song of
Eddie Vedder, and poor performance I must say. Not only by his standard, but even pubsingers. Bad, bad liveperformance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Missed a song replyin, it happens. Wrote a little short story about han solo and the vaccine in a reply. Next song is something about who you gonna run to, who is gonna save you, some lady in anguish, good song. Help identifying please.

Quite catchy rapsong from back in the day. No diggety. I do not know the artists. Was this snoops old band, or blackstar, or something like that. Blackstone perhaps? Not sure. Do not really listen to rap. Why onm earth did I burn this

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Milli vanilli would I lie to you. This is a great heartbreak CD.

Milli Vanilli - Little piece of heaven. Hahaha, this is a great tune people, you got it all, you have the lyrics, the arrangement, and the vocals are great. Look up the backup singer that really did that tune. It is a total masterpiece. One of the best from the 90s.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tom Petty - waiting is the hardest part. People, that one is brilliant. He does not have a good voice, but he makes it work, and some of his stuff is just top notch. Great poet, and just simple arrangements, but so very good. This could be a topic for the other thread. Why is it so simple and nothing special in the vocals, but just so good. Forever an enigma to me. Just something about how it rolls, like in rock n' roll I think. Some songs got that traintempo, tchuckatchuckatchucka

• Agree
Reactions: mindfulzen
Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Anna Lacazio - Harry. She is brilliant, but her solostuff, soso. Check ouit [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] robin - just around the corner, etc. Great stuff from the 80s. I love her. Even some of the french stuff. Last song on that CD, onto car CD 4. Usually better music driving car.

Dear lord
Milli Vanilli - love you 24/7/365, I think I know where this is going. Interesting. And it is a great tune. Just a bit surprising is all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You got what I need - I would say marvin something, but not marvin gaye, duet with some lady.
Good to hear, just some old songs from my past, I always loved those happy and dad songs from motown, ever since I was a teenager, so nothing has changed. I do not mind sharing something personal from a bad patch with people I do not know by name, and do not know me by name. I have no feelings of sadness, if some people think that.

Girl I want to shake you down, or something like that. Motown or stax. I think

A duet that is great, no clues

A little bit of soul - doo not know who did it, great song

One brokenm heart for sale, forget artist.

People have to understand that when you go back, and clean up old mess, it does not mean you are back in it.. No heartbbreak disease people. I just listen to the music I always loved, since I was a kid. Doing a move, and seing old folks, and going to do some enquiries about a cat, as we have spoken of in other forums, no doom and gloom.. Ask people how they feel, do not assume. I am very happy now. Felt I was getting short on time on the move, as I was, now I am here, tomorrow I start, thanks to your advise. No sad feelings at all. Just letting you join me in a journey of introspect honesdtly, at a former bad time of my life, when I was sad. Just total honesty, if somebody else gets something out of it. Does nopt do me bad sharing with you.

Just a journey to get to know thy self, when you did not have it good.
Kid Kyle - I'm so young.

Come on people, do not be so serious, people have stregth. Never assume weak. Unless they tell you they are weak. I just have a weird life.. I was a drugaddict earlier, when my parents and others knew . My way of turning my back on drugs, was a dumb one, to cut contact with all people, makes others scared, right? Never speaking again, more scary, right. Now I have come back to speak to some, because I have one former buddy and familymember on drugs, speaking for me, and being all flustered, so I want to talk to him first, And see what he needs to feel comfortable, before I speak to his mother and his girlfriend, then I will try to comfort him. And tell him, that if he needs it, he can contact me. But I cannot go back to it, and drugs.

And this one is hard, because this one, tried to get me hooked on LSD, meth and other stuff to protect himself. Not hard anymore, let it be folks. Want to do it the right way, nobody gets hurt. this was just about music, I have no shame, I was not living right ten years ago, just a fact, am I gonna hide it? No. Do my divulging here matter to others in my life or me? Nuh,, I do not know any christian people in my family at all, apart from one uncle, and his wife and 4 kids, the other like 30 are atheists. You are the only christian people I know, and so appreciative that you accepted me. To make me able to talk to people I have not talked to, for so many years. Please understand that secular songs with a message dooes not bring shame, and heartbreak does not matter amongs secular. But just a part of my life for me, nothing more. The feelings do not come back, just good music. Come on people, be strong, do not be so serious, just a part of my life I wanted to share with you. I carry it all, no problem, otrherwise I would not post it, but seeing as you may rhink otherwise I end it for now, and reconfirm tomorrow so you feel comfortable. Which is good because it gets worse and worse, haha. Be more lighthearted people, and not talking to OP here. Sad CD.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And the third CD. Starts out way too good

1. Selfish one I think it is called. May need some help getting artist name. I guess Jackie Ross. This is some motown stuff.
2. (All) because of you I think, cannot guess the artist. A man singing, motown clearly. Very familiar. Could be Jackie Wilson. 95% the more I listen.

3. Jellyfish - That is why. Not motown at all, antimotown. Just a nice popsong, some indiestuff. Australian band, do not think it charted to much in the US.

4. Jerry Butler - He don't love you, and more to follow

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
5. Never gonna give you up - I do not know, Jerry Butler perhaps. Frank wilson? Bet the first.

6. Chances, do not remember the artist, a lovely little song from the 50s it sounds like

7. Portner wagon or whatever called and dolly parton - don't let me cross over. I wonder if it is juice newton instead

8. Jimmy Barnes Ride the night away

9. This is a tricky one. Lara fabian or something, if you are lost remember how much you mean to me, ooh haha oohhahaha, and on and on again. Weird, mix of some world music and techno. Kind of catchy. Reminds me of Ofra Haza, could it be.

10. We'er getting careless with our love. Difficult to say who it is, because much has been mislabeled, could be Johnny Tayler, but my money is on clarence carter this version.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
11. Johnny Taylor I believe in you

12. Johnny diesel AKA mark Lizotte - I don't need love. This is good, rock n roll with an amazing guitarist. The brother in law of Jimmy barnes, they have some collaborations you can find. But they are better solo.

13 Johnny Diesel again -Soul revival. This can be interpreted spiritually if you want. Very 80s, big sax in it. I like sax. I know it is not fashionable, but I do.

13. Johnny Rivers - Slow dancing. This one, oh wow,what can you say. Maybe the best song ever when you are in love and try to dance with the one you love, with your two right legs stepping on her toes and missing the rythm all the time. And for those who can dance, such a nice rythm to dance to. For those who cannot dance, try this one, maybe you can master it. One of the easiest one

14. Johnny Lange - Red light. This is blues they say. I do not agree, this song is rock n roll mostly. But he does mostly blues, or did. Have not listened to his stuff for like 8 years. Wonder if there is some new stuff.

15. Jose Feliciano - The thrill is gone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
16. This is a tricky one. Precious precious, or love is a two way street, with some wonderful motownlady. Soothing voice, with nerve. Sings like she means it. I love that. Should I make some ringtones folks?

17. Jose Feliciano - A friend and a lover, perhaps. Man, this is such lovely poetry and arrangement. Dang, I listened to some good tunes way back when. I think it might be about a widower singing about his late wife. tugs at the heartstrings. Some mexican element in it. Not good with instruments, but may be mariatchy guitar in the end, some guitarsolo for some minutes. I like mexican style music.

18. Yes, back to motown, upbeat one too. What can I do, with some lady, not motown at all it seems. She sounds white. She has been somebodies fool apparently. The uptempo arrangement obviously tells us about her emotional rollercoaster. Girl in distress, and a bit manic. Great builld up. Perfect match between lyrics and arrangement.

19. Juice Newton - A little bit of love or something. Weird, one of my all time favourite artists, and I cannot remember the songs name by heart, and the tune is great. It is fast.

20. There is no nr 20, the CD is done. Must clean some more and find a new one.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Found a new one

1. KCs choice - Not an addict

2. Some portugese song, pretty nice. I dunno, perhaps sandy or paula fernandes.

3. Ledisi - pieces of me

4. Maisy and others from nashville- do not remember the song, the song from the funeral of their mother. It is lovely.

5. Cause I love you, I wanna say frank wilson, but do not know. This is a great one.

6. Ricky Barnes - Little darling. Dang, this one is just so good, half rock n roll half sdoul, belting it out like he is calling the cows to come home, and scaring the cows to never ever come home again.

Upvote 0