I-can-see

Jan 12, 2010
Atlanta
✟7,917.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a testimony that stems from my childhood, and has lasted even until now. It will stay in my heart forever as an example of Gods mercy.

For the first fourteen years of my life, I was filled with fear. Not the fear of strangers, or even enemies. This fear came from a person very close to me, my stepfather. He has raised me with my mother, since the age of 3, and up until I was 11 I had no idea he wasn't my biological father. Now, from as long as I can remember, dad was kinda bipolar in a way. Sometimes he would laugh and make me laugh, but in the blink of an eye he would turn. Things were actually ok for the first 8 years. I was beat periodically, like a ritual. Sometimes there would be things I did to deserve it, like get a teacher phone call home, that would get me beat with a belt or the good old extension cord. Nothing big, or new. Most of the time though, I was beat for absolutely nothing. Again, no big deal, I was used to it. I had already tired running away, but it did no good, so I decided to ride it out. Then things changed when I turned 9.

At the age of 9, I was confined to my room only able to leave for school. This is about the time that I REALLY feared coming home. On several occasions, I remember being beat within literaly an inch of my life. I was used as a human punching bag, hit so hard in my stomach that my feet left the ground repeatedly. Then to finish things off, he would pick me up off the floor and choke me with his hands, pressing his thumb into the middle of my throat. Most of the time, I would wake up later with my neck blackened from his grip, only able to remember what had just happened. The rest of my day was wiped from my memory. But I'll tell you what, there is nothing worse then coming close to death, feeling your life slip away...and all by the hands of the man you called "dad". The despair, and terror is too much to handle. This kind of thing happened daily, it seemed like he actually got more creative as the years went on. These things continued for 5 years, and for 5 years I could not leave my room EXCEPT to go to school. At school, the teachers were worried, and took NUMEROUS pictures. I must have been in a daze most of the time, because I never remember any pictures being taken. It wasn't until recently that I even new the pictures were taken. Then DFCS got involved, but he was able to avoid any trouble because DFCS turned a blind eye. Mom said that he "charmed" the DFCS lady sent to our house, so that she never even got a chance to speak with me. That was the first time DFCS got involved.

Holidays and vacations were the worst. Remember how I said that I was only able to leave my room for school? Well, surprise, no school on the holidays. For me holidays, and vacation was pure hell. My mom was always the one working, and guess who that left at home for all of Thanks Giving, Christmas, Spring break, and Summer Vacation...yup, me and dad...all alone. It is too hard for me to talk about the things that went on, but by now you can use your imagination...and anything you imagine would probably be accurate. For five years, this was the way things were.

One day, when I was 11, I found out that my dad was not my dad...but that he was my stepdad. He told me these things while I lay on the floor, from what he had just done to me. He said, "Josh, do you hate me?" I must have looked like I did, because he then told me something else. He said, "Good, I want you to hate me. Everything I have done to you has been to make you hate. Hate me enough so that one day you will stand up to me, Then I will have an excuse to kill you. I will be able to claim it was in self-defense. I will drug you right before you die, that way it will look like I had no choice." Then he told me that he was not my real father, and that my real father would not have been much better then he was.

His words have been engraved into my heart, and soul. I will never forget them, along with my feelings. By the time I was 14, things began to escalate. I had decided that I wasn't going to take it anymore, but I knew he was still much to strong for me to take head-on. So, I began to wait for the right time. Then the time actually came, the night my mom moved out of the same room as my stepfather. She moved into my little sisters room to sleep. It was actually set up perfect, I knew that I could get him while he slept without my beloved mother having to see anything. I couldn't bring myself to do it.Maybe I didn't hate him enough, or maybe I still had some love for him or something. I couldn't end his life.

Thats when I was delivered from the situation. My mother had finally gotten the courage to leave, and in one day we left everything in that apartment and went into a shelter for domestic violence. At the shelter, God began to heal me and help me grow. Before then, the only kids I had ever met were mean, and made fun of me. But, these kids were kind. We went to bible study while we were there, and went through all kinds of therapy. Then finally, we were ready to leave. That's when we moved from Indiana, and came to Georgia. I am 19 now, and have been here for 5 year. I have healed so much in that time. This is my testimony.

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love the name I-can-see.........Do you know that's the story God gave every one of His children?
And it's a story that needs no seminary degree or deep Theological understanding. I was blind and now I see is the story that God called us all to tell.

I prayed for you today. God brought you through something, he gave you a ministry with your story. I pray that through helping others you will heal and become strong.
I pray that our Lord uses you in a mighty way.
Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An amazing testimony, you have survived so much! I am overjoyed that you have come to God and am not bitter toward Him as so many people become when they experience hardship. Your attitude is inspiring and I love the sense of faith I got from your message. Thank you so much for sharing, I pray that God continues to bless you, and I'm very sorry for all the rough times you have gone through (hugs)

Upvote 0

ebob8b

Senior Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Midwest
✟8,037.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Your testimony touched me in a profound way. You suffered much in your early life and I Pray God Blesses you in a way that you can forgive your tormentor. God ALWAYS provides and answers our call for help. I Thank HIM for rescuing you from a terrible ordeal and made you whole again. Trust in God and Keep on Keepin on with JESUS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

karen05037

Jan 10, 2012
✟15,230.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is a testimony that stems from my childhood, and has lasted even until now. It will stay in my heart forever as an example of Gods mercy.

For the first fourteen years of my life, I was filled with fear. Not the fear of strangers, or even enemies. This fear came from a person very close to me, my stepfather. He has raised me with my mother, since the age of 3, and up until I was 11 I had no idea he wasn't my biological father. Now, from as long as I can remember, dad was kinda bipolar in a way. Sometimes he would laugh and make me laugh, but in the blink of an eye he would turn. Things were actually ok for the first 8 years. I was beat periodically, like a ritual. Sometimes there would be things I did to deserve it, like get a teacher phone call home, that would get me beat with a belt or the good old extension cord. Nothing big, or new. Most of the time though, I was beat for absolutely nothing. Again, no big deal, I was used to it. I had already tired running away, but it did no good, so I decided to ride it out. Then things changed when I turned 9.

At the age of 9, I was confined to my room only able to leave for school. This is about the time that I REALLY feared coming home. On several occasions, I remember being beat within literaly an inch of my life. I was used as a human punching bag, hit so hard in my stomach that my feet left the ground repeatedly. Then to finish things off, he would pick me up off the floor and choke me with his hands, pressing his thumb into the middle of my throat. Most of the time, I would wake up later with my neck blackened from his grip, only able to remember what had just happened. The rest of my day was wiped from my memory. But I'll tell you what, there is nothing worse then coming close to death, feeling your life slip away...and all by the hands of the man you called "dad". The despair, and terror is too much to handle. This kind of thing happened daily, it seemed like he actually got more creative as the years went on. These things continued for 5 years, and for 5 years I could not leave my room EXCEPT to go to school. At school, the teachers were worried, and took NUMEROUS pictures. I must have been in a daze most of the time, because I never remember any pictures being taken. It wasn't until recently that I even new the pictures were taken. Then DFCS got involved, but he was able to avoid any trouble because DFCS turned a blind eye. Mom said that he "charmed" the DFCS lady sent to our house, so that she never even got a chance to speak with me. That was the first time DFCS got involved.

Holidays and vacations were the worst. Remember how I said that I was only able to leave my room for school? Well, surprise, no school on the holidays. For me holidays, and vacation was pure hell. My mom was always the one working, and guess who that left at home for all of Thanks Giving, Christmas, Spring break, and Summer Vacation...yup, me and dad...all alone. It is too hard for me to talk about the things that went on, but by now you can use your imagination...and anything you imagine would probably be accurate. For five years, this was the way things were.

One day, when I was 11, I found out that my dad was not my dad...but that he was my stepdad. He told me these things while I lay on the floor, from what he had just done to me. He said, "Josh, do you hate me?" I must have looked like I did, because he then told me something else. He said, "Good, I want you to hate me. Everything I have done to you has been to make you hate. Hate me enough so that one day you will stand up to me, Then I will have an excuse to kill you. I will be able to claim it was in self-defense. I will drug you right before you die, that way it will look like I had no choice." Then he told me that he was not my real father, and that my real father would not have been much better then he was.

His words have been engraved into my heart, and soul. I will never forget them, along with my feelings. By the time I was 14, things began to escalate. I had decided that I wasn't going to take it anymore, but I knew he was still much to strong for me to take head-on. So, I began to wait for the right time. Then the time actually came, the night my mom moved out of the same room as my stepfather. She moved into my little sisters room to sleep. It was actually set up perfect, I knew that I could get him while he slept without my beloved mother having to see anything. I couldn't bring myself to do it.Maybe I didn't hate him enough, or maybe I still had some love for him or something. I couldn't end his life.

Thats when I was delivered from the situation. My mother had finally gotten the courage to leave, and in one day we left everything in that apartment and went into a shelter for domestic violence. At the shelter, God began to heal me and help me grow. Before then, the only kids I had ever met were mean, and made fun of me. But, these kids were kind. We went to bible study while we were there, and went through all kinds of therapy. Then finally, we were ready to leave. That's when we moved from Indiana, and came to Georgia. I am 19 now, and have been here for 5 year. I have healed so much in that time. This is my testimony.

I am lost for words and I use to be a sales rep God bless. You should put your testimony on lots of websites it helps others Christians with their walk with our lord.

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Amazing Grace, How Sweet You Are Lord Jesus!
Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It was interesting to me a story that my son told me. He works construction, and a man for whom he has worked did not pay him. The man has put off paying him for 2 months. This has put my son into a bad situation since he needs to pay his rent, pay his truck (which is in the shop being repaired) and pay other things.

He was angry the other day after the guy had told him that he would pay him the next day, then said a few days later, he would get it in the bank, then a few days later, it would be there that day because it never came. He has waited for two months to be paid.

So this last week, my son said he was going to let the Lord deal with the man. A few days later, the man had a car accident in an expensive car that will cost him money to repair--all this time, my son has been waiting on this guy's check so he could get his truck out of the repair shop. Now they both have to wait to get their vehicles out of repair. There was more, but I won't tell everything.

Anyway, the point is that when we don't pay people back, the Lord does. It doesn't matter what happens, they get paid back because the Lord promises. Roman 21: Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

And we know that He does because we believe the Word of God, but we also see evidence that He does.

Reactions: Habakk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fencepost

The Evangelist
Jan 27, 2012
Oolitic, IN
✟15,743.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I-Can-See, thank you for sharing part of your testimony. It's only part because I think we both know God is not done with you yet. Our God is a awesome God. Praise Jesus, I am happy you got away from that abusive man. May peace be with you always in Christ Jesus. I love you brother.

Upvote 0