My Life Reajusted

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
((I'm not sure, but for the sake of the RP let's say that it is. I know I;m combining/skipping steps so we don't get bogged down in the adoption thing.))

The lady nodded, "that's quite a range, well fill out the sheets and I'll call someone to meet with you when your done, they'll talk to you and make sure you are elligable and right to adopt, then I can show you some kids that will be able to fit in with your family, and pending your interview you can meet with them and see if you think they would be a good mix."

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Again, they nodded. They went to sit down around the lounge area to fill out the paper work. Forty-five minutes later, the returned the stack of papers to the woman. "Could we first see pictures of those able to be adopted?" Maddie's mom asked.

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
The lady nodded and clicked a few things on her computer before twisting her monitor around, there was a list of pictures with names and ages, and basic descriptions. "I'll scroll slowly, let me know if you want me to stop."

She started to scroll through the pictures, after a bit Devon's picture started to roll across the screen.

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
the woman clicked on his photo, "ah yes, Devon Aurora, he's 16 and has two younger sisters, 15 and 7 by the names of Rachel and Crystal, both are beautiful girls, would you be interested in possibly adopting them as well? we highly recommend adopting all of the siblings, for the children's sake."

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
the woman smiled. "good, good, I'm glad to see you're interested in all of them. Ah, perfect timing, Mrs. Winter is ready to see you now, she'll just talk to you for a while, get to know you and your home situation, and make sure you are eligible to adopt."

((you can just breeze over this, nothing importaint will come up except that at the end she'll tell them that if they intend to go through with the adoption then they'll have to have an inspection of their house before Devon and co move in, and several spot inspections, so impress that the adoption process takes time and if they don't think it's going to work out that they need to talk to them immediately so they can take care of the kids, after their done they can go to room to see the kids.))

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
((Uh... ok. I think most of it is just weeding out all the unqualified parents, waiting for an OK from the agency, and such...))

*moving on the inspection day*
Maddie's mom was a nervous wreck. Right now, their house could be called the world's cleanest, but would it impress the inspector?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maddie's mom nodded. "Her room is up the stairs and almost adjacent to the stairwell. Her door has her name on it in purple." She indicated the door, visible from the stairs. Turning her attention to Mr. Martin, she asked "Now, where would you like to start?"

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
Mr. Martin nodded. "good, good. now I must caution you that one of the girls is 7, and as such you will have to do some reorganizing of the house to make sure she doesn't get into anything she shouldn't. do you keep any weapons in the house?"

Mrs Winters opened the door and smiled at Maddie, "hello, how are you doing today?"

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Well, we have only a hand gun, but that's locked away in a safe. Only my husband and I know the combination." Maddie's mom said.

"I'm doing well, thank you." Maddie said. "Please, take a seat" She indicated the desk chair.

Upvote 0