Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mikayla nodded and then led the way into the kitchen. Once there, she pulled out some glasses and then set about getting the drinks. "Here you go." she said, handing Maddie's mom a glass of water and Maddie a glass of apple juice. She sat down at the table, with her own glass of juice and sipped slowly.

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Dr. Traymor was afronted, but he recovered quickly. "Well, I'll just leave you to the nurses then." he left the room then, having other patients to tend to.

((You know if you want to have conversation a little more, I suggest not rubbing someone's small talk off. It's like, surprising and like running into an invisible wall when you do that. :)))

"Well, shall we go see our patient?" Maddie asked.

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
((Sorry for my absence. I couldn't think of a responce, so I unwisely didn't respond. Hopefully, this will pick back up again.))

After mother and daughter had visited Greg, by then asleep in the hospital bed, both went back home for a well deserved sleep.

In the morning, Maddie woke up tired and sad. It seemed her friends had all sorts of horrible problems that she couldn't solve. She sighed reluctantly and proceeded with the morning routine.

After Maddie left for school, her mom, after a long talk with her husband called social services. "Yes, this is Mrs. Simms. I called regarding a young man and his sisters." She said after the welcome desk lady answered. "I was wondering if I might adopt them. Yes. The whole family. Ok. Thank you"

Maddie, upon seeing Devon, walked up to him and asked in a low voice "Why didn't you want to talk to me yesterday?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
((sorry, I'm back, and I'm assuming this is at school.))

Devon had spied Maddie, and turned quickly to avoid her and her prying questions, but it was to late, and he had no where to run.

Devon set his jaw and turned towards Maddie, not even trying to disguise his annoyance. "what can I tell you that will make you go away? my parents are dead, my mother died just a few days ago and then social services sweep in and threaten to take my sisters away from me, never mind that I can care for them just fine on my own."
Devon paused for a second to let his situation sink in. "So, now that I appeased your moronic curiosity you can return to your happy, rich, carefree life and leave me be, princess, and don't ask me to go skipping through the woods again, I have real problems to worry about."

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
((Glad you're back. I didn't exactly want to give up on this...))

"Oh..." Maddie was temporarily mollified. But then she got an idea "I know! How about you come live with us?! My parents could adopt you and your sisters, and you guys could all still stay together! We have the room..." Maddie said expressively

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
Devon couldn't help but looked suprised, this wasn't exactly how he expected her to react. "wait, what...." Devon breathed, the idea was great, his sisters and him could live in a real house, with real beds and food. almost immediately he shrugged off the thought and the scowl returned to his face. "yeah right, like your parents would really want to adopt me and my sisters, ha!, good one, you really had me going, princess, now scram."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maddie frowned. "I won't lie so bluntly to my parents. I'll just tell them that you are a dear friend to me, you don't have parents or a place of your own. I won't tell them your reputation, though, because I believe you can push past that." She smiled. "You know, it's not such a bad thing to hope and believe in something." With that, she started walking back to her chair.

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
Devon let her go and growled to himself, " 'dear friend', and that's not lying bluntly to them." Devon plopped down in his chair, and stared at the teacher. he didn't want to admit it, but the idea of going to live with maddie wasn't half bad, at least for his sisters, and well, he would suffer through living with the rich kid if it meant his sisters were happy and they were together. On the other hand, who in their right mind would want him around, he would give it a week tops, provided maddie could even convince her parents to try it. the adoption process was long, plenty of time for them to change their minds.

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
After school that day, Maddie called a family meeting. "What's this all about sweetheart?" her mom asked.

"Mom, Dad, I have something big to ask of you. See, there's this friend of mine school whose facing a really hard time. His one remaining parent died just recently and so he and his sisters are in the custody of social services. This also leaves him with no place to go. He's worried that they will get separated in the adoption process, and he really doesn't want that to happen. The way I see it" and here she hesitated and slowed down her words to take into very careful consideration. "If you guys adopted all three of them, Devon could stop having to worry about his sisters so much. He's a very dear friend to me, and I care for his well being. Please, please, could you adopt him and his sisters?" Maddie pleaded.

After a pause, her dad said "We're doing to have to think about it. When we come to a decision, we'll let you know so you can tell your friend."

Maddie nodded. "Ok. Thank you." She hugged both of them before going up to her room. She reflected what it would be like to have little sisters. She imagined it would be fun girl time. With that thought in her head, she applied herself to her homework.

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
Devon took care to avoid Maddie the rest of the day for fear she talk about the adoption thing again.

After school he quickly made his way back to the shelter, making a quick stop to 'pick' up some candy. He put the candy behind his back before walking into their room.

Crystal grinned at Devon as he came in, then jumped up as she spied he hands behind his back. "what did you bring me!"

Devon pretended to look innocent. "what makes you think I would bring you anything?"

Crystal frowned and held out her hand, "what do you have behind your back?"

Devon looked suprised and pulled the candy out, "oh, this? I was going to feed it to the fish in the lounge, they're looking rather skinny."

Rachel shook her head from where she sitting, "what about two skinny little girls in here?"

Devon looked around over Crystals head and tossed Rachel some candy. "I can't believe I didn't think of my sister, well I guess that everyone in here, time to feed the fish." Devon turned to go, as Crystal yanked the other bag of candy from his hands. Devon twisted his face into a shocked expression. "what? you wanted some candy?"

Crystal nodded as she opened the bag.

Devon grinned, "you should have said something." Devon ruffled her hair and crossed to Rachel. "anything new?"

Rachel nodded and waited till Crystal sat down to eat her candy. "I heard someone might be interested in adopting Crystal."

Devon frowned. "just her, right?"

Rachel nodded.

Devon shook his head and sat down. "shouldn't be suprised, but I won't let it happen, we can't lose eachother."

Rachel sighed and leaned back into her chair. "but what are you going to do about it?"

Devon shrugged, "I don't know, but I'll think of something, even.... even if I have to write, you-know-who, he can do something."

Rachel shook her head, "he won't do anything but cause trouble, you know that."

Devon nodded, "yeah, but it might get to the point where we have no other option."

Rachel nodded as Crystal came over and grabbed both their hands. "come play tea with me, I need some guests."

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The next day, Maddie's parents sat her down. "Maddie, we have thought this over and thought of all the possibilities that can happen with the adoption. You do realize that it won't be a fast process, right?"

Maddie nodded. She had done a little research into what all it took to adopt and things like that after she had gotten finished with her homework.

"We came to the conclusion that it wouldn't hurt if we tried adopting." Her dad said, stressing "hurt".

Maddie was overjoyed that her parents would do this big thing for her. "Oh, thank you! I promise I won't ask for anything that big again!"

Her parents chuckled as she ran out of the room, doubtless to call her friend.
The next day, her parents went into the social services building and up to the welcome desk. "Hello. We were interested in adopting."

Upvote 0