My Life Reajusted

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
((I'm time jumping so we don't get bogged down with the process.))

Mrs. Winters smiled and contunied down her list of questions, when she was done she thanked Maddie for her time and went to find Mr. Martin and Maddies mom, who were outside. "thanks you so much for your time." Mr. Martin said to maddies mom. "we'll let you know the final vertic, in the mean time I see no reason for you to get the house in order for the kids."

They left and a week went by, in which Devon avoid Maddie like the plague at school, and towards the end of the week Maddie's parents got a call telling them that they were approved and that Devon and his sisters would be moving in sunday afternoon, and they would start the adoption process the following week.

the weekend seemed to crawl to Devon, but finally Sunday afternoon arrived, and they were packed and headed to Maddie's house with Mrs. Winters.

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maddie tried to hide her excitement as she saw Devon's things come in. Finally Devon and his sisters needn't fear being seperated, and he could possibly take up a part time job. She was also interested in finding out more about Devon's sisters and what they were like; whether they were as solitary as their brother, or more social. Maddie kept going up and down the stairs, following the progress. She offered to help a couple times, but was refused. Her mom, finally taking pity on her, had her come in the kitchen to bake some sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. It was quite a task that kept her busy the rest of the time Devon and his sisters were moving in.

After the move was complete, and the cookies made, Maddie walked up to Devon and asked "What do you think?"

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
Devon shrugged as he kicked one of his bags into a corner turning his back to Maddie, "rooms huge. bet I could get top dollar for most of this stuff on the streets." but if Maddie could see his face, then she would have saw a hint of a smile on his face.

Just then Crystal came running in and grabbed Devon's hand. "Devon! Devon! come see my room, it's huge. Rachel even gets her own bed."

Devon grinned and turned around to pick up Crystal, "all right, lets go see."

Crystal turned to Maddie as if seeing her for the first time. "who are you?"

Devon nodded to Maddie, "that is Maddie, this is her house we're staying at."

Crystal smiled at Maddie before looking at Devon. "how long do we get to stay here? I like it."

Devon smiled at Crystal, "only until they get tired of you, so no stealing cookies from the cookie jar."

Crystal nodded seriously, "I won't, I promise."

Devon smiled and nodded behind Maddie, "and that's my other sister, Rachel."

Rachel smiled at Maddie, "hello, Maddie. Devon's told me a lot about you."

Devon turned so Crystal blocked his face from Maddie, he could feel it getting hot.

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maddie couldn't help but smile at Crystal and her excitement. It was nice to see Devon care so much for his sisters. Maddie was a bit startled that Rachel had snuck up behind her so quietly. She wondered what sort of things Devon had said, but smiled and nodded at her.

((Aw, does Devon have a crush on her? :p))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
((maybe :p ))

Rachel bit her lip as she look around the room, "You have a very nice place, thank you for letting us come live here, we'll try not to be an inconvenience."

Devon shrugged Crystal up further and started for the door, "to late for that." he muttered.

Rachel shook her head at her brother, "ignore him, he's a cynic."

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"So I've noticed." Maddie laughed. "If you want the truth, it was I who offered." Then she laughed even harder than the first time. "You should have seen the look on his face when I did! But, really, I don't think you guys will be too much trouble."

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Really? I'm looking forward to them." Maddie said. She had a feeling it would take a long time for him to warm up to her, since he had been reluctant to be friends. For all she knew he considered their relationship nonexistent. Oh, well, at least she could make friends with his sisters now. That would be fun!

The next day school started off boring. Secretly, she was hoping to have the routine interrupted by some jolt of newness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
((I think I shall declare this rpg dead. With Legolas not been on for 5 years - being involved as much as she was - and no one else posting, I shall lay this story to rest. R.I.P. My Life Readjusted... ))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums