My letter to Nancy Pelosi - would you join me in sending one yourself.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think Rep. Pelosi posts on CF. :sorry:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

That is why it is a copy of a letter. It gets mailed. I can’t mail it to a forum.

Would you like to confirm for us that you did indeed vote for Nancy Pelosi?

Never said I did.

I could not vote for Pelosi, I live in OK. But all of us do vote for our legislators and representatives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't that what they said about Mr. Trump?
Well...to be fair she'd have to change Parties in order to "win" the Presidency like President Trump did. Since only Republicans win by getting less votes then the other candidate. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well...to be fair she'd have to change Parties in order to "win" the Presidency like President Trump did. Since only Republicans win by getting less votes then the other candidate. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:
You got me there.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is why it is a copy of a letter. It gets mailed. I can’t mail it to a forum.

Never said I did.

I could not vote for Pelosi, I live in OK. But all of us do vote for our legislators and representatives.
What leads you to believe she would listen to or read letters from people outside her district, much less people outside her state?

What would even be the point of congressional districts if people living outside of those districts can influence policy with just a strongly worded letter?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, a letter asking Congress to "get to work" needs to be sent to McConnell, not Pelosi. The House is actually passing bills -- 49 from January to May of this year -- but the Senate has refused to consider most of those bills and refuses to work with the Democrats in the House.

McConnell has called himself the "grim reaper" because he plans to kill basically anything the House passes. Additionally, with so many Republican Senators up for re-election in 2020, McConnell doesn't wish to risk seats by passing legislation that might cause any Republican Senator to lose votes (which means only bills that are actually supported strongly by both parties will be considered). A Roll Call reporter actually Tweeted when the Senate actually voted on legislation in May, "The Senate is voting on legislation," because it occurs so rarely in the current Senate.

Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nancy is all that stands between Trump and impeachment. Why should she give up now? Strategically, as you well know, this would be about the worst time to try it.
What grounds for impeachment?
Please list them and be specific. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
August 12, 2019

The Honorable Nancy Pelosi
Office of the Democratic Leader
H-204, US Capitol
Washington, DC 20515

To the Honorable Nancy Pelosi

For more than two years the American public has been told by Democratic leadership a wide ranging series of reasons why the President is unfit for his position. We have been told on national news shows, radio and a wide range of social media thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of times how the President is guilty of a wide range of offenses from emoluments, to tax evasion, to racist, and of course treason and obstruction.

Leadership under your watch has stated unequivocally that there is clear evidence of actions that call for impeachment. We have all been the recipients of this news daily, multiple times a day for almost three years. Special Counsel Mueller with 19 seasoned prosecutors, dozens of highly trained Special Agents and all the power of the Special Counsel's office just finished 22 months of investigation.

Our elected legislators and representatives seem solely focused on this one major project and getting precious little else accomplished. You hold a great office in this country, have the trust of millions of citizens and could be doing so much more to help us. In my opinion.

With the greatest respect, we need a voice of reason, one who will not be afraid to lead, one that will bring this great time of division to a conclusion. Madam speaker, it’s time as third in line to the presidency for you to lead, to move forward. Bring this overwhelming evidence and move towards impeachment. Please don’t play politics with our great nation - let the chips fall where they may.

Simply put - it’s time to stand behind your words and assertions. It seems that there are some playing politics with this whole subject and it is hurting us as a nation. It’s time to bring and end. Get back to doing the people's business. It’s what we voted for - it is what we need and it is your job to do it.

Respectfully,
Why would this letter (from people who aren’t Nancy’s constituents) change Nancy’s mind? Whether or not, and when, to impeach is a serious decision which involves many moving parts. It is a political process, and while I’m not the biggest fan of Nancy Pelosi, she is a very effective political genius and if she thinks impeachment is not the right political path, I tend to trust her.

Personally, I’d rather seethe president voted out and indicted. The Republicans in the senate are unlikely to remove him from office no matter how much evidence there is against him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Unless you live in her district, she's not going to care what you think. The same thing is true of Mitch McConnell. He's not going to care what a non-Kentuckian thinks about his actions in the Senate. The only way Speaker Pelosi would move forward impeachment is if her constituents or a clear majority of the Democrats in the House want it. It's bad politics and would likely result in her no longer being Speaker without any real benefit. Now if there were a significant presence of Republicans in the House asking for it as well, I think it would be a tougher decision. But as of now, it's only Democrats who support impeachment and removal and she's never get the super majority she needs in the Senate.

• Winner
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That’s right folks! It’s the billionaire who announced his campaign by walking out of a gold plated elevator in his own private hotel who clearly is looking out for the average working Joe!
Jealousy is unbecoming.
And he has kept his promises for the average working Joe.

Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lulz. I didn't write her a letter. The OP did. I responded to his letter.
Which is really weird because I quoted the OP and it appeared as such with my reply.
Oh well, my remarks are still valid. Glitch and all.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Jealousy is unbecoming.
And he has kept his promises for the average working Joe.

Sure, like the farmers losing $80 an acre on their crops since his tariffs, and receiving $15 back in subsidies. Funny because I thought welfare money was supposed to be a bad thing, but hey.

Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, like the farmers losing $80 an acre on their crops since his tariffs, and receiving $15 back in subsidies. Funny because I thought welfare money was supposed to be a bad thing, but hey.
Citation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s right folks! It’s the billionaire who announced his campaign by walking out of a gold plated elevator in his own private hotel who clearly is looking out for the average working Joe!

You mean the only candidate who ever created a job in the private sector? That one?

Or perhaps the president who reversed most of the business restrictions of the previous administration and it resulted in a record low unemployment rate for everyone, especially minorities

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You mean the only candidate who ever created a job in the private sector? That one?

Or perhaps the president who reversed most of the business restrictions of the previous administration and it resulted in a record low unemployment rate for everyone, especially minorities

What are you talking about? Lots of previous candidates and presidents have run their own businesses and hired people in the private sector. Some of them even paid them, unlike Trump on many occasions.

As for ‘business restrictions’ how quickly we forget that it was exactly that kind of easing of restrictions that led to the last global financial crisis. Restrictions on private business are generally there for a reason, whether it’s to protect consumers, the environment or other. While some restrictions might be heavy handed or poorly implemented, the Republican Party have shown very clearly that they are happy to remove protections regardless of the wider consequences, as long as it puts a few more dollars in the pockets of their donors.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe it was the candidate who made tax changes that helped 90% of working Americans.

Maybe it was the candidate that saved this middle class family almost 2,000 a year in penalty taxes for not being able to afford healthcare after my private insurance was canceled because it didn’t meet the new criteria

Maybe it was the candidate who brought back manufacturing jobs with his magic wand

Maybe it is the candidate who supports Israel and lead the way in moving our embassy to the capital. Jerusalem

Maybe it’s the candidate who is rebuilding the military

Maybe it’s the candidate who stands in full public support of our first responder including police officers

The political dog whistle of the billionaire coming down the golden escalator just doesn’t fly with many Americans anymore. Our paychecks, our job security and our spending ability disproves the narrative.

Upvote 0