• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My Journey with Schizophrenia.

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well i pretty much thought that those who deal with schizophrenia were incapasitated. This forum tells me otherwise, i thought i was the only person alive that has a regular life(except working) and dealing with this illness with 3 mental breakdowns under my belt. I hope to share my story in this thread and hopefully help others alone the way and make some new Christian friends too. :)

IN Christ,
Richard

Z

zimbobby

If y'all havnt seen the animatrix, see it

The matrix is a system as is tthis world

When one has the power to see beyond, he is labled mentally ill

Believe in urself.

We are all millions times more capable than we believe.

We can do anything, no matter what.

I have a mentally retatded friend iq like 30

And he is finishing his masters this year.

At a legit university and no he isn't paying the profs to pass him.

Upvote 0

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I sit at home alot too but i tried to occupy my time with good things, such as this forum and the great things the internet has to offer. Im learning that its okay to have a hobbies inside the house. i am able to drive and go to psych group and tuesday and thursday, and I got remarried in 2010 to a great lady that I had met in church camp in 1982, I found her on facebook in 2010 and the rest is history. God has used all these things in my recovery, I do take abilify and it has helped to a extent. I havent had a breakdown since 2005, I feel like im way on my way to complete healing in Jesus name! IM praying for you brother, God is not finished with you yet!:amen:

Mayne there's a lot of us

Most people too ashamed I guess so forums pretty dead

This year been worst for me, mental breakdown took me to jail :-(

Just staying with parenss and sittig home all day annd rotting,
Don't even consider this living.

Upvote 0
Z

zimbobby

rtodd5011 said:
I sit at home alot too but i tried to occupy my time with good things, such as this forum and the great things the internet has to offer. Im learning that its okay to have a hobbies inside the house. i am able to drive and go to psych group and tuesday and thursday, and I got remarried in 2010 to a great lady that I had met in church camp in 1982, I found her on facebook in 2010 and the rest is history. God has used all these things in my recovery, I do take abilify and it has helped to a extent. I havent had a breakdown since 2005, I feel like im way on my way to complete healing in Jesus name! IM praying for you brother, God is not finished with you yet!:amen:

Cool gratz on remarriage
I spending lotta time online too...do u pllay any video games?
Mayne, so lonely was in college and awesome life but lost everything to thus damn illness

Lonelerlyyyyyyyyyy

Upvote 0

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks Robby, God bless you too in Jesus name! I can do lots of things but have had 3 major breakdowns. I have thought on occasion of going back to work then i get afraid i will have another breakdown. I had first breakdown in my 20's one in my 30's and one in my 40"s so im not sure what to do. I know I need to have faith but its really tough at times. Yes I hate the label it puts on me especially in one church i have been in since my diagnosis in 2002. One of the pastors there actually told me i wasnt schizophrenic and asked me to leave and come back when i had a job. thats when i had my third breakdown in 2005, and was hearing the voices of the church leaders and family members in my apartment.

Hi Richard,. Welcome, and God bless you. I consider myself pretty normal, except occasional confusion and a history of when that confusion got major. It's a bad label. Don't feel bad about it. It's just something they use to explain the unexplainable.:)

Upvote 0
Z

zimbobby

rtodd5011 said:
Thanks Robby, God bless you too in Jesus name! I can do lots of things but have had 3 major breakdowns. I have thought on occasion of going back to work then i get afraid i will have another breakdown. I had first breakdown in my 20's one in my 30's and one in my 40"s so im not sure what to do. I know I need to have faith but its really tough at times. Yes I hate the label it puts on me especially in one church i have been in since my diagnosis in 2002. One of the pastors there actually told me i wasnt schizophrenic and asked me to leave and come back when i had a job. thats when i had my third breakdown in 2005, and was hearing the voices of the church leaders and family members in my apartment.

Ya not everyone understands mental illness. Some even try to say demon possessed and pray it away and say we ain't got faith.

W.e though, I don't tell anyone in real life anymore because they always treat me different if I do. Like I'm stupid or crazy. Its nobodies business

Upvote 0

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes i do play the games on facebook.

Can i ask what your age is?

Yes i lost my first wife due to my illness. i wasnt taking care of myself and taking meds correctly, and had a short fuse at that time in my life and would explode verbally on her. I left her in 2001 and divorce was finalized in 2002. I felt like Job, sitting the the ashes of my life. We have 2 adopted sons that live with her.

I really like making new friends online to have people to chat with ive been a loner as long as i remember. I hate it! I dont easily conect with people in the real world its easier for me online. I love my wife but she works and i do get lonely for friendships and someone to talk to during the day.

Cool gratz on remarriage
I spending lotta time online too...do u pllay any video games?
Mayne, so lonely was in college and awesome life but lost everything to thus damn illness

Lonelerlyyyyyyyyyy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a Christian counselor and going through deliverance. I noticed you said demon possession did someone tell you that, have you ever been through deliverance? I know i have to have a fighting spirt and i do believe in spiritual warfare. just wondering if you have had a similar experience?

Ya not everyone understands mental illness. Some even try to say demon possessed and pray it away and say we ain't got faith.

W.e though, I don't tell anyone in real life anymore because they always treat me different if I do. Like I'm stupid or crazy. Its nobodies business

Upvote 0