Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am just curious: Why do you think you care enough to post this? If God has forsaken you, and what Jesus said is true that the evil spirit comes back and find the place empty and brings 7 friends who are worse, how are you even resisting inappropriate content at all, let alone rape, murder, and other ungodly desire in this world?

You don't really think you are strong enough to resist your addiction alone, do you? I mean, in the privacy of your own home, who is going to know if you look at inappropriate content. But, if you are resisting, I would argue that someone is helping you. I think it is safe to say that isn't the devil. So, who is left?

I hope you're right. After all I did pray to God to help me quit inappropriate content and I haven't touched it since but it feels so empty.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I understand there is a spiritual issue involved here, and I definitely suggest seeking pastoral care from someone who is more qualified (pastor, priest, ect.) than an online forum. but I suspect with the apathy you describe in your follow up post, that the may be a tangible, physical component to your issue. Have you attempted to speak with a medical professional about the things you are experiencing? I'm not a doctor, just a lowly dishwasher with a nurse mum, but I suspect maybe there is a withdrawal component at play concerning your sudden halt of behavior relating to addiction. Just a thought.

It's possible. I already got put on some meds since my depression hit me so hard.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Someone didn't read the parable of the seeds with different types of soils. The problem is you think all genuine born again believers are the soils that produce a crop but a believer can truly be saved for a period of time and turn away.

Also it was on and off constantly. I think I quit it for like a year after relapsing for a few months. Then I fell right back into it. I suggest you read the WHOLE Bible and not only the "nobody can snatch me" verses. Maybe less people would fall for your satanic OSAS lie.
Maybe instead of praying for the LORD to help you beat this inappropriate content thing, pray for Him to truly save you.

I went through the same thing 6 years ago. Total slave to inappropriate contentography until the LORD saved me and took it away. No strategies or methods, it was just gone.

Outside of that it's a wrap. None of the non producing soils recovered.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, who have TASTED the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come— and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.” Hebrews 6:4-6

These verses of Hebrews 6 has NOTHING to do with the true believers - those who are saved, the elect of God, the church of Jesus Christ, those who have put their faith in Him. To be clear, Hebrew 6:4-6 is all about the TASTERS and not about those who are saved, regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit, or those who have been born again by the Spirit of God, or nothing about those who have been justified by faith through God’s Grace (eaters and drinkers). What it means by being enlightened is the Intellectual understanding of biblical truth, but the rejection of this truth experientially. It means you are mentally aware of something, that your mind have been informed with something, but did not rightly respond to that information.

There is a clear difference between drinking and eating, please, don’t confuse this with tasting. Tasting is only the first step prior to eating or drinking.
  • Seeing God’s light and following God’s light is two different things.
  • Seeing God’s light and accepting and walking in that light day in and day out is two different things
Watchman Nee was a great Chinese evangelist. He was once visited by a young man who was so disturbed about the fear of losing his salvation. Seeing the torment of this man, Watchman Nee used the following analogy to explain to him what the Bible says. He pointed to his dog, and said, “See, this dog it is my dog, I like this dog, this dog is house trained, in fact this dog does not make a mess in the house, he is an obedient dog, he is a pure delight to me.” And then, he took him into the kitchen where his toddler was eating, and said, “that is my son, he makes a mess, every time, he makes a mess of everything from his food to his clothes, the house, and his diapers, but still, he would inherit my Kingdom. Why? Because he is my son, my heir, he has my name, he would always be my son.”

Likewise, as Christians, we are Christ’s heir, not through perfection but by means of Grace and adoption when we repent and place our whole Faith in Christ and trust Him as our only Saviour.

https://femiroyalblog.com/2017/05/29/blessed-assurance-part-i-tasting/

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you did a Hebrews 6, you wouldn't be concerned in the least. The fact that you are concerned means you're still with us. The joy returns as you act out in unconditional love for others and stop obsessing over self.

I agree with this.

I have been so, so scared that God has given up on me also, I fell into darkness so bad after I got saved, but you know what? God never gave up on me. Just when I thought I had used up all my grace, God still showed me that He still loved me and wasn't giving up on me. Being concerned about this is a good thing. It's when you DONT care that you're on trouble.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone didn't read the parable of the seeds with different types of soils. The problem is you think all genuine born again believers are the soils that produce a crop but a believer can truly be saved for a period of time and turn away.

Also it was on and off constantly. I think I quit it for like a year after relapsing for a few months. Then I fell right back into it. I suggest you read the WHOLE Bible and not only the "nobody can snatch me" verses. Maybe less people would fall for your satanic OSAS lie.

I don't believe that OSAS lie. I agree with you on that. I think about the guy who actually was bigger than Billy Graham for a time and turned away. He actually tried to turn Billy from God. His life ended in unrepented disbelief. You still seem to believe, but struggle with why God won't answer you. Maybe God is trying to teach you right now. Maybe God is allowing you to be tested to allow you to show yourself how genuine you are.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe instead of praying for the LORD to help you beat this inappropriate content thing, pray for Him to truly save you.

I went through the same thing 6 years ago. Total slave to inappropriate contentography until the LORD saved me and took it away. No strategies or methods, it was just gone.

Outside of that it's a wrap. None of the non producing soils recovered.

Bolded is exactly why I made this thread.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, who have TASTED the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come— and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.” Hebrews 6:4-6

These verses of Hebrews 6 has NOTHING to do with the true believers - those who are saved, the elect of God, the church of Jesus Christ, those who have put their faith in Him. To be clear, Hebrew 6:4-6 is all about the TASTERS and not about those who are saved, regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit, or those who have been born again by the Spirit of God, or nothing about those who have been justified by faith through God’s Grace (eaters and drinkers). What it means by being enlightened is the Intellectual understanding of biblical truth, but the rejection of this truth experientially. It means you are mentally aware of something, that your mind have been informed with something, but did not rightly respond to that information.

There is a clear difference between drinking and eating, please, don’t confuse this with tasting. Tasting is only the first step prior to eating or drinking.
  • Seeing God’s light and following God’s light is two different things.
  • Seeing God’s light and accepting and walking in that light day in and day out is two different things
Watchman Nee was a great Chinese evangelist. He was once visited by a young man who was so disturbed about the fear of losing his salvation. Seeing the torment of this man, Watchman Nee used the following analogy to explain to him what the Bible says. He pointed to his dog, and said, “See, this dog it is my dog, I like this dog, this dog is house trained, in fact this dog does not make a mess in the house, he is an obedient dog, he is a pure delight to me.” And then, he took him into the kitchen where his toddler was eating, and said, “that is my son, he makes a mess, every time, he makes a mess of everything from his food to his clothes, the house, and his diapers, but still, he would inherit my Kingdom. Why? Because he is my son, my heir, he has my name, he would always be my son.”

Likewise, as Christians, we are Christ’s heir, not through perfection but by means of Grace and adoption when we repent and place our whole Faith in Christ and trust Him as our only Saviour.

https://femiroyalblog.com/2017/05/29/blessed-assurance-part-i-tasting/

I understand that interpretation but I think it's stretching it a bit. Partakers of Holy Spirit and etc.

I don't believe that OSAS lie. I agree with you on that. I think about the guy who actually was bigger than Billy Graham for a time and turned away. He actually tried to turn Billy from God. His life ended in unrepented disbelief. You still seem to believe, but struggle with why God won't answer you. Maybe God is trying to teach you right now. Maybe God is allowing you to be tested to allow you to show yourself how genuine you are.
Pray for God to draw you to run after Him, to soften your heart. He says if you ask & keep on asking, you shall receive.

Re Heb.6, perhaps this discussion will help:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/impossible-to-renew-unto-repentance-heb-6-3-6.8073582/
I agree with this.

I have been so, so scared that God has given up on me also, I fell into darkness so bad after I got saved, but you know what? God never gave up on me. Just when I thought I had used up all my grace, God still showed me that He still loved me and wasn't giving up on me. Being concerned about this is a good thing. It's when you DONT care that you're on trouble.

Thanks guys. I won't give up as long as I am still alive. I will keep begging to Him to grant me repentance.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Bolded is exactly why I made this thread.

if you believe you were truly converted then yeah...you're done.

I don't believe you truly had saving faith. same as myself. so there's still hope for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I fell into a long season of willful sins and when I realized what I was doing I tried to repent of it. I was able to physically repent of my sins in the manner of simply not doing them anymore. I was able to quit my addictions and etc. but my soul still has a void in the inside. I think I even remember a time when I sensed the Holy Spirit left me. I keep praying and praying and interceding but God does not answer. I search for him diligently but he will not be found by me.

When I quit all of my sins it just left a void in my heart. Since I have nothing to replace my sin since God left me, I can't enjoy my victory over sin. I think I have done Hebrews 6 where I cannot ever repent truly from the inside out again. There is a sin unto death and you should listen to the Bible warning about it. It's been 1 year now and I still have no resolution. Almost everyone else I see in the same predicament as me(truly born again and fell away) are in the same state as me feeling spiritually dead.

If you want to give me a story about a backslider who was restored, don't bother because most of those stories are only superficial believers who fell away. I think I am a true born again believer as described in Hebrews 6 and I truly fell away. I don't even feel fear anymore. Just consuming apathy. The second death is here and now.
It sounds as if you believe that it is your place to stop sin rather than allowing God to remove your sin.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I don't believe you truly had saving faith. same as myself. so there's still hope for you.

Is there a difference between being born again and having saving faith? I don't think I've had saving faith

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I may truly be done but I won't let you stop me from trying.

Reactions: princesssss
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First of all, salvation is not dependent upon feeling whatsoever. Second, the book of Hebrews was written to Messianic Jews (Jewish Christians) who were familiar with the Old Testament; they were being tempted to revert back to Judaism or to Judaize the gospel (this was a problem Paul addressed in Galations). It sounds like you need intimacy restored between you and God which is accomplished through spending time in His Word with the aid of a good study Bible.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think you can only fear God if the Holy Spirit enables you to. I cannot force myself to fear him.

Well like I mentioned I'd fill yourself with all the parables Jesus gave to instill within one a healthy respect and sober consciousness of the fear of God. Like the Ten Virgins 5 wise & 5 foolish. You see you speak of the Spirit but the Spirit uses the words of Jesus to do these things....or the words of his anointed Apostles. Jesus said about the Holy Spirit He will glorify me, because He will take of what is mine and will make it known to you. Jn 16:14 Trust me if you show and interest he'll be there to encourage you.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I fell into a long season of willful sins and when I realized what I was doing I tried to repent of it. I was able to physically repent of my sins in the manner of simply not doing them anymore. I was able to quit my addictions and etc. but my soul still has a void in the inside. I think I even remember a time when I sensed the Holy Spirit left me. I keep praying and praying and interceding but God does not answer. I search for him diligently but he will not be found by me.

Perhaps God is teaching you to live by faith instead of feelings?

Jesus is the Lily of the valley. Could He be taking you through the valley for a time & for a purpose.

As a "trial of your faith":

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (1 Pet.1:7)

"Don Francisco's, Love is not a feeling from the album "The Early Works" "

"Live life conscious of how much God loves you...":
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...ou-will-be-free-indeed.8068728/#post-72795746

Upvote 0