Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have never "seen gravity". Or do you mean "If you have never seen something fall down,...?"

LOL

Down-Under, ALL things, 'FALL UP' to the planet :tee hee:

awww bless, conception can be, just so-difficult
I wonder, can 'understanding' be initiated 'in-vitro' too

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,918.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Let us wish, for you to avoid difficulty ~escaping Gravity Well

The denser you are
the more inevitably-inclined you are, to SHARE / ACCRETE Mass
Um, you're saying stupidity and obesity are correlated?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No - then again they didn´t teach me that it was an existing entity out there. The same way they didn´t tell me what speed or temperature looks like.
The whole point of this thread is that I submit that God can be shown to exist (as can gravity) by His effects.

Since God is invisible ...

Colossians 1:15a Who is the image of the invisible God,

... yet we see His effects everywhere:

Christian edifices, iconography, documentation, holidays, and martyrs.

When John the [fundamental independent] Baptist was put in prison and asked about Jesus, Jesus gave John's disciples a list of things to consider ...

Luke 7:22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The whole point of this thread is that I submit that God can be shown to exist (as can gravity) by His effects.

When John the [fundamental independent] Baptist was put in prison and asked about Jesus, Jesus gave John's disciples a list of things to consider ...

Luke 7:22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
Those are all man made so your submission fails.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those are all man made so your submission fails.
So was the Tabernacle in the Wilderness and the Temple.

Not to mention the Ark of the Covenant, which if you touched it, you died.

2 Samuel 6:6 And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
2 Samuel 6:7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

What, in your opinion, killed Uzzah, if this Ark was just a cold, sterile, neutral, man-made object?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So was the Tabernacle in the Wilderness and the Temple.

Not to mention the Ark of the Covenant, which if you touched it, you died.

2 Samuel 6:6 And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
2 Samuel 6:7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

What, in your opinion, killed Uzzah, if this Ark was just a cold, sterile, neutral, man-made object?
Not really relevant and doesn't do anything to support your argument.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...and I just told you why they aren´t even in the same ballpark.
Because it's all just a game to you?

We're in the bottom of the 9th inning you know.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not just "evolution proponents" that say such things, it's a key aspect of thermodynamics. It's called "probability".
Ah, foolishness has company.
Violations of natural law are not components of natural law. Thermodynamics and gravity are different laws.

It's actually just a thought experiment, it's not meant to actually describe something that coul happen. Either you or your "proponent" misunderstood the thought experiment.
It was MY analogy. I think I understood it quite well.
He was making the sophomoric argument that given sufficient time and opportunity every eventuality, possible and impossible, will happen. That's much like the people who pretend that a 747 could randomly assemble itself in a junk yard. Abstraction to absurdity always results in absurdity.

You don't understand gravity.
Now THERE is an absolutely stupid statement. You don't know me and have no clue what I understand or I do not.
The farther away one is from a massive object, the less it attracts. So the force is decreasing with proximity.
We weren't talking about hydrogen balloons in the stratosphere. We were discussing bowling balls off rooftops. A rivet from an airliner at 50,000 feet still has enough gravitational attraction to fall to the earth. I believe you would agree that a bowling ball has greater mass and there are no buildings that reach 50,000 feet.
The Earth is indifferent to parachutes, and pretty much indifferent everything that humans do.
You must be a liberal. Liberals have no sense of humor whatever. You can't joke with liberals. They see everything as a personal affront.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you've never seen gravity before, how do you know it exists?
< ~~^^ <<< g.r.a.v.i.t.y. >>> ^^~~ >

So who other than those blind since birth

has not seen gravity ?

It's wonderful, kind of grey , with white streaks/ stripes ....

:)

• Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Because it's all just a game to you?
No. Because...well, it was in my post: Gravity isn´t supposed to be an entity out there.

(These your challenge threads appear to be stupid games, though. I´ll give you that.)

Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

holidays?

Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ya ... Christmas, Easter ...

Errrmmm.... I'm not certain that western society choosing the date of Christmas is evidence of anything, but what do i know?

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0